• Last Updated:
  • Aug 24th, 2020 12:36 pm
[OP]
Jul 26, 2009
191 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto

[Walmart] Mothers CMX Ceramic Spray Coating [19.98]

Hello just saw this at Walmart, don't know if it's a good deal, but saw the other thread for the turtle wax hybrid so I am posting this.

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/mothers-cm ... 0199838326

https://stocktrack.ca/?s=wm&upc=7817530124

Let me know if this is better than the turtle wax .
16 replies
Jun 26, 2020
4 posts
1 upvote
Not a bad price - paid 21 at Canadian Tire yesterday. Product wise it is decent. I was happy with my results yesterday and the first time use. I’ve only used mckees 37 otherwise Which is good stuff but it is much pricier for a smaller amount... For the size of the bottle and the price you can’t go wrong. FWIW it’s about 22-25 US when I checked it out on autogeek.net
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2007
1267 posts
239 upvotes
Vancouver
Mothers is okay but IMO TW Ceramic spray coating offers slightly better gloss, hydrophobic qualities and better durability for the same price.
Jul 21, 2016
917 posts
2028 upvotes
Please be extra careful when you apply these product. If you do it wrong and end up with swirl or anything, it's there for a few years!
Thanks OP, bought 25!
(Mod edit: You are awesome)
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
1828 posts
1082 upvotes
Kitchener
dark8paladin wrote: Hello just saw this at Walmart, don't know if it's a good deal, but saw the other thread for the turtle wax hybrid so I am posting this.

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/mothers-cm ... 0199838326

https://stocktrack.ca/?s=wm&upc=7817530124

Let me know if this is better than the turtle wax .
seafish wrote: It's the same price, but bigger bottle (710 ml vs 473 ml)
Overall the TW seems to be better.

Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2007
1267 posts
239 upvotes
Vancouver
seafish wrote: It's the same price, but bigger bottle (710 ml vs 473 ml)
Quality over quantity for me.
Mar 6, 2010
65 posts
14 upvotes
Barrie
InvaIid wrote: Please be extra careful when you apply these product. If you do it wrong and end up with swirl or anything, it's there for a few years!
Yes. Things can go wrong very fast.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2004
9982 posts
832 upvotes
Toronto
Go with turtle wax
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2007
1267 posts
239 upvotes
Vancouver
akito925 wrote: Go with turtle wax
Yup. If your going to put in the time I'd spend a little more to get the better results.
Mar 27, 2011
782 posts
461 upvotes
Toronto
InvaIid wrote: Please be extra careful when you apply these product. If you do it wrong and end up with swirl or anything, it's there for a few years!
Seriously? Not too tolerant to the average consumer eh?
Nov 24, 2012
335 posts
128 upvotes
Saint-Laurent
Exagerating...years.
It will last as long as the product lasts. Maximum 9 months. But most probably between 3-6 months depending on condtions, how often you wash it , with what products ,etc.
gekaizer wrote: Seriously? Not too tolerant to the average consumer eh?
Not really. Black is very bad.
Plus ideally car is very clean , etc. Check the TW tread.
As well, most important thing...is not applying it, but removing it.
I would not use same microfiber on more than two panels. So you would need 3 clean microfibers. Or different parts of the same one...if you fold it correctly. I personally only do one / panel. So clean for each door, hood, trunk.
To apply it, you can use the same one.
Dec 30, 2004
586 posts
104 upvotes
BC
I just use TW ceramic spray coating on the first wash and then TW ceramic wet wax as a topper after each car wash. I feel like TW ceramic wet wax is extremely underrated and its so easy to apply as long as you towel dry your car after a wash. With this combo you can have ceramic coating on your car for way over a year (assuming you wash your car a few times a year) before you actually need to re-apply a dedicated ceramic spray coating.
Jul 21, 2016
917 posts
2028 upvotes
raver4444 wrote: Exagerating...years.
It will last as long as the product lasts. Maximum 9 months. But most probably between 3-6 months depending on condtions, how often you wash it , with what products ,etc.

Not really. Black is very bad.
Plus ideally car is very clean , etc. Check the TW tread.
As well, most important thing...is not applying it, but removing it.
I would not use same microfiber on more than two panels. So you would need 3 clean microfibers. Or different parts of the same one...if you fold it correctly. I personally only do one / panel. So clean for each door, hood, trunk.
To apply it, you can use the same one.
Maybe I am exaggerating for a cheap product. I am used to shop-applied ceramic coating and it clearly last 2-3 years each time.
Thanks OP, bought 25!
(Mod edit: You are awesome)