Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] Moto G7 Power 32 GB - Marine Blue XT1955-5 - Walmart In-Store Only - $199

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 8th, 2021 11:04 am
[OP]
Dec 21, 2007
6 posts
2 upvotes
Kingston

[Walmart] Moto G7 Power 32 GB - Marine Blue XT1955-5 - Walmart In-Store Only - $199

Moto G7 Power 32 GB on sale from $299 down to $199 at Walmart IN-STORE ONLY if your looking for a cheap phone that's actually decent. May go cheaper.

https://stocktrack.ca/?s=wm&upc=72375513424

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/moto-g7-po ... 0200342771
Last edited by zedder on Feb 3rd, 2021 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
9 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2005
1524 posts
751 upvotes
MB
Shows $299 online and it is out of stock
Feb 27, 2011
510 posts
1162 upvotes
Calgary, AB
ktokes12 wrote: Shows $299 online and it is out of stock
Depends on location I guess, like many things at Walmart. $199 with low stock in Calgary. Seems like a great price.
Public Mobile, Zoomer and Telus EPP plans
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
19014 posts
6883 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Price is not great, the phone has Pie and may upgrade to Q at best, and is 2 generations old, the security updates will run out next month.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburders eat people
Jul 15, 2003
795 posts
211 upvotes
Quentin5 wrote: Price is not great, the phone has Pie and may upgrade to Q at best, and is 2 generations old, the security updates will run out next month.
My dad has this phone. It's on Android 10. Was thinking of flashing LineageOS on it, but will wait until after Moto stops officially rolling out updates.

Battery life is great (5000 mAh). Sure, no OLED and it's 720p, but he doesn't know what those things mean :)
In all honesty, most people do not need flagship specs. This is a good enough phone for most people. Me included.

Price isn't the greatest though. If it was around the price of the Moto G7 Plus linked above, would be good.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
19014 posts
6883 upvotes
Socially Distanced
djray wrote: My dad has this phone. It's on Android 10. Was thinking of flashing LineageOS on it, but will wait until after Moto stops officially rolling out updates.

Battery life is great. Sure, no OLED and it's 720p, but he doesn't know what those things mean :)
In all honesty, most people do not need flagship specs. This is a good enough phone for most people. Me included.
Right now i would look at a Moto G fast or G Power. And they go for $50 off every now and then at Costco.
I agree few need flagship, one can buy half a dozen phones or more for the price of some flagships but i would get a current midrange and not two generations old.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburders eat people
Jul 29, 2007
664 posts
363 upvotes
North America
grisensko wrote: way better option:
G7 Plus 64 GB for Less :

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... _64gb.html
This isn't a bad deal at all, it's in the middle of the pack. I went with the Costco deals instead.
I grabbed 2 Moto G Fast for my parents and 2 Moto G Power for myself and the wife.
Quentin5 wrote: Right now i would look at a Moto G fast or G Power. And they go for $50 off every now and then at Costco.
I agree few need flagship, one can buy half a dozen phones or more for the price of some flagships but i would get a current midrange and not two generations old.
This is what I would recommend those who don't need the latest and greatest flagship and is OK with having a mid-range phone with good capabilities.
Especially good deal if you can wait for the $50 off, I saved so much when they had that last week or two ago. 4 phones is already $200 bucks.
Thank you RFD community for helping me with spending money!
Jul 29, 2019
46 posts
43 upvotes
Motorola phones have incredible battery, I have a moto g 7 power atm. It has NFC and radio that is kinda cool. The battery can easily sustain me for almost 3 days which is impressive. It is currently on android 10 but the speed is a bit slow. And the storage is very low. Also I bought this phone in August of 2019, this phone has already had the moto g 9 power come out. Why on earth would somebody pay over 150 dollars to spend on this phone at this age. Its a pretty good phone, but considering its 2 years and generations old now, the price should be about 150 dollars reflecting the oldness of the phone. Also, I have not gotten an update for a while now, so wouldn't recommend purchasing this phone. Consider Moto g fast or moto g power. Also this phone comes with hardly 2 or 3 gb of ram which is quite low. I would spend 230 on a moto g power as updated