Moto G8 Play for $184 at Walmart

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 22nd, 2020 11:53 pm
[OP]
Dec 25, 2019
38 posts
9 upvotes

[Walmart] Moto G8 Play for $184 at Walmart

Hey guys, I've been following a few threads about cell phones. There was one last week for the Moto G7 Play for $159. Thus is the new version at regular price for $184. Seems like a decent deal.

You guys are so knowledgeable about specific items I hope you can determine if this is alright deal.

My phone is dying. Been waiting for pixel 4a, but not sure its ever going to be releases. Need a cheap phone as a stopgap until it is released.

Thanks all
11 replies
Feb 4, 2007
707 posts
489 upvotes
looks like it is Sold & shipped by Cellulartech
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
14567 posts
31388 upvotes
Mediatek and 2GB of ram is going to be a pain

$180 at Newegg
Last edited by stephroll on Jul 22nd, 2020 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Banned
Jul 16, 2019
123 posts
198 upvotes
Montreal
When pixel 4a comes out, any chance we'll see the 3a in the $300 range?
Jan 25, 2013
160 posts
223 upvotes
I wouldn’t get anything with 2GB of RAM. My current phone has 3GB and it can get downright sluggish at times switching between apps.
[OP]
Dec 25, 2019
38 posts
9 upvotes
Collegiate wrote: I wouldn’t get anything with 2GB of RAM. My current phone has 3GB and it can get downright sluggish at times switching between apps.
Ya, you're right, $25 for an extra gbbof ram is worth it. Even while trying to keep costs down since I'll only use this phone for 6 months or so, then keep as backup
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
26004 posts
10707 upvotes
Socially Distanced
CdnDealsGuy wrote: My phone is dying. Been waiting for pixel 4a, but not sure its ever going to be releases. Need a cheap phone as a stopgap until it is released.
If you want very cheap but barely passable go with the Moto G Fast, but if you want decent but fairly cheap go with the G Power, which is my recommendation.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
[OP]
Dec 25, 2019
38 posts
9 upvotes
Quentin5 wrote: If you want very cheap but barely passable go with the Moto G Fast, but if you want decent but fairly cheap go with the G Power, which is my recommendation.
Thanks, took your recommendation. Bought the Moto G8 Power Lite for $235 from Amazon. It's 4/64.
If it's decent maybe I'll keep it longer than originally planned.
And they didn't charge tax for some reason...?
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
26004 posts
10707 upvotes
Socially Distanced
CdnDealsGuy wrote: Thanks, took your recommendation. Bought the Moto G8 Power Lite for $235 from Amazon. It's 4/64.
If it's decent maybe I'll keep it longer than originally planned.
And they didn't charge tax for some reason...?
I was referring to G power
https://www.costco.ca/motorola-moto-g-p ... 73567.html
The one you bought uses a MediaTek chip and has a lower resolution screen, but it is an even lower price then the G Power.

https://nanoreview.net/en/soc-compare/q ... -helio-p35
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people