Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] Nintendo Switch™ w/ Mario Red Joy-Con + $25 Nintendo eShop Credit + Carrying Case -$399

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2019 9:02 am
[OP]
Jul 21, 2008
567 posts
311 upvotes

[Walmart] Nintendo Switch™ w/ Mario Red Joy-Con + $25 Nintendo eShop Credit + Carrying Case -$399

Hot deal. Those Red Joy cons used to go for $100+ to import from Japan. New v2 Switch too.

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/nintendo-s ... 0200749491
104 replies
Jul 31, 2019
157 posts
175 upvotes
Sigh. I want to get a switch, but I am unsure what "deal" would work best for me. Wait for a points promo from Shoppers? Or go for something like this? Does anyone have any input here? I have no rush to get one, I just want one for my work travels and spare time when I'm bored, so I'm willing to wait for a great deal.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
2370 posts
1456 upvotes
If I didn't already have a Switch, this would be the one I would get. It's probably going to become pretty limited.
Jul 23, 2013
256 posts
103 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Unless you really want the red Joy-Cons, the Costco Bundle for $449.99 (console, 128gb micro sd card, carrying case + screen protector, and 1 year of Nintendo online) is a better deal IMO.
Jan 19, 2018
910 posts
610 upvotes
chackhou wrote: Unless you really want the red Joy-Cons, the Costco Bundle for $449.99 (console, 128gb micro sd card, carrying case + screen protector, and 1 year of Nintendo online) is a better deal IMO.
For the Costco deal, the 128gb microsd card is worth about $25, carrying case $20, screen protector $10, and 1 year of Nintendo Online $25? In all, you're paying $50 for all the extras which are worth about $80 for savings of about $30. The Wal-Mart deal, you're getting a case ($20), and $25 eShop credit or about $45 worth of stuff for free. Not to mention the limited red joy-cons. Seems like Wal-Mart's bundle is a better deal.
Oct 6, 2014
16 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Where do you see this costco deal? I've been looking on their site and there isn't any switch console for sale that I can see.
Jul 23, 2013
256 posts
103 upvotes
Montreal, QC
sqeekypotato wrote: Where do you see this costco deal? I've been looking on their site and there isn't any switch console for sale that I can see.
I'm not sure if Costcos in TDOT carry it, but I see it everywhere here in MTL.

Credits to @inferno_gn
Oct 6, 2014
16 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Crap. They don't that I have seen. I was just there yesterday. I was assuming that you were talking about online. Oh well. Thanks for the info
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2009
3608 posts
3145 upvotes
Is this version hackable yet?
"Frank Burns eats worms"
[OP]
Jul 21, 2008
567 posts
311 upvotes
The costco bundle you are paying the full value of the card and sub, that's an additional $50. Those two things are not something everyone wants/needs.

I think the Red Joycons + $25 eshop card is much better.
Sep 8, 2008
706 posts
239 upvotes
sabrunkas wrote: Sigh. I want to get a switch, but I am unsure what "deal" would work best for me. Wait for a points promo from Shoppers? Or go for something like this? Does anyone have any input here? I have no rush to get one, I just want one for my work travels and spare time when I'm bored, so I'm willing to wait for a great deal.
Sounds like you don’t really need it and will just buy it for the sake of a hot deal.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
2429 posts
2544 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
bobohobo2kx wrote: For the Costco deal, the 128gb microsd card is worth about $25, carrying case $20, screen protector $10, and 1 year of Nintendo Online $25? In all, you're paying $50 for all the extras which are worth about $80 for savings of about $30. The Wal-Mart deal, you're getting a case ($20), and $25 eShop credit or about $45 worth of stuff for free. Not to mention the limited red joy-cons. Seems like Wal-Mart's bundle is a better deal.
Its a family membership you get which is 44.99 in the Costco bundle.

Also on display it says $40 E shop card as well, in a picture I took last month, didn't buy it to verify. I'll upload it here, but when I called Costco they said they don't think it has $40 e shop card even though the sign says it, so anyone make sure to verify first.. It's Costco can always return it if it's not in there. This was October 11. I still saw the same sign last week.

Jan 24, 2015
529 posts
416 upvotes
GTA
the neon joycons look better to me imo

the only game that looks good on the switch is BOTW, so it will cost $500+ just for one game? smh
Aug 16, 2011
960 posts
942 upvotes
NORTH YORK
redflags10 wrote: the neon joycons look better to me imo

the only game that looks good on the switch is BOTW, so it will cost $500+ just for one game? smh
Hey bud this website ain't your diary. We don't care.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
1425 posts
1179 upvotes
Edmonton
sabrunkas wrote: Sigh. I want to get a switch, but I am unsure what "deal" would work best for me. Wait for a points promo from Shoppers? Or go for something like this? Does anyone have any input here? I have no rush to get one, I just want one for my work travels and spare time when I'm bored, so I'm willing to wait for a great deal.
Shopper's is probably the single most cost efficient way to get a Switch. The last redemption event was 250k points for a $400 game machine. Amazing deal.
Jul 31, 2019
157 posts
175 upvotes
zeeden wrote: Sounds like you don’t really need it and will just buy it for the sake of a hot deal.
Does anyone NEED a Nintendo switch? No. I just gave my reasoning why I want one - to use when I'm traveling for work and also for when I'm bored, aka the same way basically every other adult would use a Nintendo Switch. But yes, I want a hot deal if I'm going to be spending several hundred dollars on it.
Jul 31, 2019
157 posts
175 upvotes
frozenmelon wrote: Shopper's is probably the single most cost efficient way to get a Switch. The last redemption event was 250k points for a $400 game machine. Amazing deal.
Yeah that's what I was thinking. I'll probably wait for a 20x the point event and also use my PC mastercard to get the extra points. That way, whatever points I get can be used towards buying games, seems to make more sense that way!
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
1411 posts
1320 upvotes
Hm... return my Switch I got at Shoppers for 20% off + Redemption event for this?

I think I saw a case at local Superstore for $11.99.
Wallet safe :rolleyes:
Aug 8, 2019
343 posts
198 upvotes
What does Red Joy Con mean and why is it worth $100?
Do you mean there is an additional pair of controller in the box, or is it just a red one instead of a blue one?