Boxing Day 2018 Deals

Nintendo switch pro controller $49.96

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2019 7:49 am
Tags:
None
Dec 26, 2018
5 posts
Saw the pro controller at Walmart and priced at full retail $90. Told me the deal is only online for the $49...... No matter what I tried to say to them.
Jan 2, 2008
32 posts
4 upvotes
Thanks OP, and great find at the Wellington and 404 location. Also picked up Mario and Rabbids bundle.
Dec 7, 2005
273 posts
In Brampton East Supercenter (30 Coventry Rd) they have 20+ Pro Controllers in the shelf behind the glass, but the sticker price says $89. But when you scan it, it's still $49. I bought two.
Jun 29, 2016
780 posts
347 upvotes
zaius wrote: it's all about the feels

(feels more like a normal controller for people with big hands)
I saw some In Mtl, however there are no games on sale which would require this controller so I decided to wait. No price reductions for Zelda or Super Mario Odyssey which kind of sucks. Octopath looks nice, but hard to justify $50 price when comparing with current or future PS4 or PC games (cough... Last of us 2... cough ).
Super Mario party is fun and I did get Just for dance 2019 for 19.99 (there are a lot left at Cosco Point-Claire) but the joy cons are more appropriate for these games.
Jan 1, 2009
113 posts
5 upvotes
Markham
Got back from Richmond Hill store and the employee said someone came in 30 mins before me and bought all 10 that they restocked. Crying Face
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2001
3891 posts
1945 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
CraigJ56519 wrote: Saw the pro controller at Walmart and priced at full retail $90. Told me the deal is only online for the $49...... No matter what I tried to say to them.
Just ask to buy it, it will scan at correct sale price.
Feb 24, 2018
12 posts
12 upvotes
govas19 wrote: I saw some In Mtl, however there are no games on sale which would require this controller so I decided to wait. No price reductions for Zelda or Super Mario Odyssey which kind of sucks. Octopath looks nice, but hard to justify $50 price when comparing with current or future PS4 or PC games (cough... Last of us 2... cough ).
Super Mario party is fun and I did get Just for dance 2019 for 19.99 (there are a lot left at Cosco Point-Claire) but the joy cons are more appropriate for these games.
Mind to tell me which store in MTL still have them? Been trying to get it but every single store I went yesterday was oos.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
1579 posts
793 upvotes
Cambridge
I wonder if Cambridge has any more stock... still need this and a second set of joy cons.. just don't think they should be $100 retail!
Feb 24, 2018
12 posts
12 upvotes
XyrusX wrote: Got back from Richmond Hill store and the employee said someone came in 30 mins before me and bought all 10 that they restocked. Crying Face
Makes you wonder who need 10 controllers to play games...Every single store I went yesterday was oos and I don't even think they will ever restock it before boxing day sales ended.
Jun 29, 2016
780 posts
347 upvotes
tunafish89 wrote: Mind to tell me which store in MTL still have them? Been trying to get it but every single store I went yesterday was oos.
Saw them at Dorval. They had a couple of Switch consoles at $330 as well around 11h00.
Do these support the in-game motion gestures like the joy cons?
Jun 3, 2013
459 posts
476 upvotes
Toronto
a_dee wrote: how accurate is this checker?
Not enough, see my comment one page back.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2007
1350 posts
332 upvotes
I'm likely going to return the extra one I bought.
Will sell at cost ($56.45 ... or $57) if anyone is interested. PM me. If no interest I will be returning tomorrow.

I'm in Oakville

EDIT: This is no longer available.
Last edited by echlon on Dec 27th, 2018 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Feb 24, 2018
12 posts
12 upvotes
govas19 wrote: Saw them at Dorval. They had a couple of Switch consoles at $330 as well around 11h00.
Do these support the in-game motion gestures like the joy cons?
Thanks, I'll check it once I finish my work today. Hopefully there is still stock left by that time. I believe they do support motion control like joy con. Even though it is somewhat awkward to use.