Shopping Discussion

Walmart no longer matches competitor flyer prices - and it will cost you plenty!

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 6th, 2021 3:19 am
[OP]
Dec 25, 2013
5 posts
7 upvotes
Calgary

Walmart no longer matches competitor flyer prices - and it will cost you plenty!

It was bad enough that Wal-Mart refused to implement a price beat policy and would only match the competitor. Now they will not even do that. Will that make a difference to their price competitiveness? You know it will. This week, Superstore in Calgary had Tropicana Grapefruit Juice on for a lot less than Walmart's $4.97 So I took two bottles up to customer service and asked them to match the Superstore Flyer. They politely told me to GO POUND SAND (paraphrased) and pointed to this notice affixed to the counter in customer service.

Oh really?
OK, well here you go, you can re-stock it yourself.
Thanks.
I expect that I will be pointing out price gaps with physical examples at customer service every time I go to the store from now on

YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO CANADA!
Images
  • Wal-Mart - No Price Match.JPG
51 replies
Deal Addict
May 12, 2011
3322 posts
432 upvotes
NORTH VANCOUVER
Good on Wal Mart too many people abuse it Clapping Hands Sign
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
3947 posts
22310 upvotes
Haven't they stopped price matching a long time ago like 2019 or something?
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2013
1720 posts
2488 upvotes
West
I don't get it... You tried to ask for the store to apply a discontinued policy, and decided to be a douchebag to the employees for simply informing you of this. Am I missing something?

This is like when people demand that stores honour the SCOP despite not even being part of the program. Way to make a fool of yourself.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
4228 posts
846 upvotes
Richmond
Just stop. All you are doing is causing food waste because if they don't have time to put it back, into the trash it goes.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
2923 posts
2343 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
HymieMcGregor wrote: It was bad enough that Wal-Mart refused to implement a price beat policy and would only match the competitor.
YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO CANADA!
Wot...bitch and whine about a store's price match policy instead of simply shopping at the place with the lower price in the first place?
Now they will not even do that.
I'm guessing you're not a Wal*Mart shopper, considering the sign itself says this policy change was in effect Oct 2020. So we're looking at more than 6 months ago. Way to be jiggy wid it, dude.
Last edited by ALLCAPS on May 23rd, 2021 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
4503 posts
4665 upvotes
GTA
Your first RFD post is to point out an over 6-month-old policy that has been discussed in a previous thread to death?

You know what to do, RFD...
c'mon get happy!
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20837 posts
4997 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Do Walmart and every retailer and don't shop at their stores.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
10711 posts
5723 upvotes
Markham
Price match is old time practice. When more and more tailored offers for different people, price match won't work

But i like OP's last name, a fighter
Jul 18, 2019
596 posts
1279 upvotes
North York ON
Op wrote this out and thought "this is it," and posted it. 🤡
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
1725 posts
1027 upvotes
Toronto
Price match has been a hassle at a lot of stores. I'm actually amazed at the times it does work without a hassle.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
19302 posts
7451 upvotes
Toronto
Walmart is not even competitive on everyday prices. You will find things cheaper elsewhere.
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2010
3618 posts
3788 upvotes
GTA
You're 7 months behind, Walmart stopped PMing last October and I doubt that they will be bringing it back.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2010
5497 posts
1695 upvotes
Kanata
Blame all the entitled losers who bullied workers into price matching random bullshit and the losers who bought shit at other stores to return to Walmart for store credit. I even know one of those in real life. PM and return policy got adjusted.
Uh, yeah, I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.
Penalty Box
Mar 23, 2004
29788 posts
10498 upvotes
Don't think it will cost me anything given I've PM'd at Walmart like 3 times in two decades, if that.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
19302 posts
7451 upvotes
Toronto
OP is way behind the times. Walmart has lost my business. I spend most of my money at No Frills and Freshco now. Plenty of good sales elsewhere.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2015
1834 posts
1245 upvotes
Southern Ontario
And the OP goes back to WalMart the next week.

WalMart wants to make money on ever rising grocery prices... lots of other places to go if you don't like their policies. You can even spend $3 in gas driving across town to save $2!

I've posted in the other numerous threads on the same subject and I'm glad I don't have to wait forever behind someone who is price matching everything. I personally plan my trip around flyers and stores that are in the same vicinity and if it's worth it, I visit multiple stores.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2013
1086 posts
1809 upvotes
Saint John
Don't blame employees because they cannot do anything with that. However, if you have the chance to punch Sam's face, please film that. (I would love to see)