• Last Updated:
  • Dec 6th, 2020 11:27 pm
[OP]
Feb 5, 2007
10 posts
9 upvotes
Calgary

Walmart Online = Scamazon

So Walmart.ca has made the move to the Amazon-ish hosting of third-party sellers. And they have done so in an amateurish fashion. I placed a $5 order for face masks back in September, and they never showed. Then began the comedy of errors that is their customer service.
Phone call #1: "Someone will get back to you within three days." 2 weeks later and...
phone call #2: "Your complaint is being escalated." Jackpot! But another couple of weeks and...
phone call #3: "We are going to contact the third-party vendor now." Here is where I start to sputter a little. They're telling me that after two phone calls, one with "escalation", so far the vendor knows nothing about it. Okay, so I let it simmer for a while - I mean, it's five dollars, I'm going to be okay if I never see it again. But today the mood struck and I decided to wrap up this little drama. I made...
phone call #4: "Yes sir, very busy sir, sorry for long wait sir, I will investigate and resolve your problem. " I'm not convinced for some reason, but I say thanks, that would be great. Yet after waiting 15 minutes for him to "investigate" (industry code for "grab a sandwich and a nap"), my hopes fade. I hang up and try again. The same cat from 15 minutes ago answers, but he won't acknowledge it - fine, I'll play along, but this script is a little too Groundhog Day for my tastes.
Here then is the anticlimax of phone call #5: "How do you want your money?" Which could have been the answer at call #1, but where's the fun in that?

The ham-fisted moral, in case you missed it, is: Never, Ever, Ever, use Walmart Online shopping.
5 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
16019 posts
17274 upvotes
Oakville
Had a similar problem. Ordered a 3D printing pen, received only the sample filament. Walmart says contact 3rd party seller, they say too bad, not a problem, walmart says too bad, contact seller, then finally says take to a store for a return. We'll see how that works because I'll be trying to return a different product than the listing.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2018
1291 posts
1294 upvotes
I refuse to deal with 3rd party resellers on sites like Walmart and Best Buy for the reasons listed above
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
10975 posts
2088 upvotes
Toronto
deano wrote: So Walmart.ca has made the move to the Amazon-ish hosting of third-party sellers. And they have done so in an amateurish fashion. I placed a $5 order for face masks back in September, and they never showed. Then began the comedy of errors that is their customer service.
Phone call #1: "Someone will get back to you within three days." 2 weeks later and...
phone call #2: "Your complaint is being escalated." Jackpot! But another couple of weeks and...
phone call #3: "We are going to contact the third-party vendor now." Here is where I start to sputter a little. They're telling me that after two phone calls, one with "escalation", so far the vendor knows nothing about it. Okay, so I let it simmer for a while - I mean, it's five dollars, I'm going to be okay if I never see it again. But today the mood struck and I decided to wrap up this little drama. I made...
phone call #4: "Yes sir, very busy sir, sorry for long wait sir, I will investigate and resolve your problem. " I'm not convinced for some reason, but I say thanks, that would be great. Yet after waiting 15 minutes for him to "investigate" (industry code for "grab a sandwich and a nap"), my hopes fade. I hang up and try again. The same cat from 15 minutes ago answers, but he won't acknowledge it - fine, I'll play along, but this script is a little too Groundhog Day for my tastes.
Here then is the anticlimax of phone call #5: "How do you want your money?" Which could have been the answer at call #1, but where's the fun in that?

The ham-fisted moral, in case you missed it, is: Never, Ever, Ever, use Walmart Online shopping.
Amazon, bestbuy, and any other business that does this crap 3rd party sellers I always refuse to buy from often due to past problems.

Amazon isn't too bad with if I absolutely need to use a 3rd party but any other business I never do.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
19104 posts
27525 upvotes
ONTARIO
Yeesh. Sounds like a nightmare.

I recently had to claim a refund on Amazon from a 3rd party who never sent me anything after waiting 2 months.
The process was all completely automated. Went to the order page, found the order, clicked "problem with order" and requested a refund due to never receiving it.
10 seconds after making my claim, I got an automated email from Amazon saying the claim had been granted and I'd get the refund on my credit card within a few days. The refund was already showing on my card the same day. I couldn't believe how quick and easy it was.

I try to stay away from 3rd party sellers usually , but at least the process seems better on Amazon. Walmart seems like a shitshow.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2015
1554 posts
916 upvotes
NOYB
deano wrote: The ham-fisted moral, in case you missed it, is: Never, Ever, Ever, use Walmart Online shopping.
No.

The moral is never ever ever buy from a 3rd party seller on Walmart.ca :)
*Zoomer + VoIP.ms user*

🖕 to the self righteous double standard fascist POS on this forum.