• Last Updated:
  • May 4th, 2021 1:33 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2002
6433 posts
1330 upvotes

walmart only selling essential Ontario Stay home order Apr 2021

just been to WM near erin mills in mississauga - so they have taped over all but essential items , this is the first time during the pandemic they have done this - is every store (loblaws etc ) the same ?
http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=14378
Ole Gunnar IN!!!!
I promise not to cut your taxes but I won't raise them either.
102 replies
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
10300 posts
5394 upvotes
Markham
Thanks for headup

Is their gardening area still open?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2002
6433 posts
1330 upvotes
Erin Mills TC doesn't have gardening ...it's a strange one because gardening centres are typically outside and are only good for a short time period or you lose the season
Ole Gunnar IN!!!!
Nov 5, 2018
382 posts
335 upvotes
The restrictions on non-essential products are province-wide, this isn't unique to Wal-Mart. Garden centres are permitted to be open - I saw pictures of a Wal-Mart that basically had barriers down the length of the store between the entrance and grocery area and the garden centre. They had very short notice to pull this off, so I expect things to get refined over the coming days.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
6638 posts
3608 upvotes
Mississauga
rb wrote: just been to WM near erin mills in mississauga - so they have taped over all but essential items , this is the first time during the pandemic they have done this - is every store (loblaws etc ) the same ?
I was just at the Loblaws Glen Erin Market and all the aisles with housewares, toys and the entire clothing area are blocked off.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2002
6433 posts
1330 upvotes
mrweather wrote: I was just at the Loblaws Glen Erin Market and all the aisles with housewares, toys and the entire clothing area are blocked off.
Guess they are all doing the same...wonder what is considered essential?
Ole Gunnar IN!!!!
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
12788 posts
9524 upvotes
GTA, ON
rb wrote: Guess they are all doing the same...wonder what is considered essential?
Groceries, pharmaceuticals, personal care items (e.g. toiletries), liquor section.

Nurseries can open too but only at 25% capacity.
Tis banana is IRIE

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
6638 posts
3608 upvotes
Mississauga
Groceries, medicines, cleaning supplies seem to be available.

I saw a photo floating around of a Walmart that had blocked off a rack of masks... derp
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
13165 posts
23962 upvotes
But Costco is the usual free for all . Someone must be getting some brown envelopes......
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
12788 posts
9524 upvotes
GTA, ON
stephroll wrote: But Costco is the usual free for all . Someone must be getting some brown envelopes......
Someone in the Costco weekly thread already reported back with photos. They blocked off all the non-essential sections with skids.
Tis banana is IRIE

Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
10300 posts
5394 upvotes
Markham
Then why LCBO is still open? Vodka is not essential
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
4283 posts
4458 upvotes
GTA
chimaican wrote: Groceries, pharmaceuticals, personal care items (e.g. toiletries), liquor section.

Nurseries can open too but only at 25% capacity.
Damned straight!
c'mon get happy!
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
12788 posts
9524 upvotes
GTA, ON
smartie wrote: Then why LCBO is still open? Vodka is not essential
It was explained in the first lockdown. It's because of alcoholism and alcoholics. To cut them off would pose a higher health risk and put them into crisis, increasing the chances of them consuming chemical ethanol from other sources such as poisons and end up in hospital or worse.
Tis banana is IRIE

Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
12788 posts
9524 upvotes
GTA, ON
rb wrote: Kids shoes should be essential...see how fast they grow out of shoes??
Can be ordered online and picked up curb side or delivered.
Tis banana is IRIE

Aug 11, 2004
363 posts
50 upvotes
Was at a Shoppers Drug mart today nothing blocked off. Didn't realize fans or greeting cards were considered essential items.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2013
6188 posts
754 upvotes
chimaican wrote: It was explained in the first lockdown. It's because of alcoholism and alcoholics. To cut them off would pose a higher health risk and put them into crisis, increasing the chances of them consuming chemical ethanol from other sources such as poisons and end up in hospital or worse.
I wonder how chemical ethanol would taste on the rocks?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2002
6433 posts
1330 upvotes
chimaican wrote: Can be ordered online and picked up curb side or delivered.
Yes just tried on Walmart ( not that I need them ) but there are minimum charges to get pick up free.. otherwise $5 selection fee. I hope they remove these fees or reduce minimums during the next 4 weeks. ( Yes I know theres a cost involved to WM but these are exceptional times ,)
Ole Gunnar IN!!!!
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
10300 posts
5394 upvotes
Markham
rb wrote: Yes just tried on Walmart ( not that I need them ) but there are minimum charges to get pick up free.. otherwise $5 selection fee. I hope they remove these fees or reduce minimums during the next 4 weeks. ( Yes I know theres a cost involved to WM but these are exceptional times ,)
Kids shoes need try it in person.