Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

(Ontario) Lean Ground Beef $2.88/lb, Beefsteak Tomatoes $0.97/lb, March 28 to April 3, 2019

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2019 5:23 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
4025 posts
6396 upvotes

[Walmart] (Ontario) Lean Ground Beef $2.88/lb, Beefsteak Tomatoes $0.97/lb, March 28 to April 3, 2019

Walmart Supercentre - Ontario

Lean Ground Beef (fresh) Value Pack $2.88/lb

Beefsteak tomatoes $0.97/lb

There's not much else grocery-wise in the upcoming week's flyer, but the two above items will be at a good price.
Public Mobile customer: $40 75GB 5G Canada-US plan
EQ Bank Savings Plus Account
Wealthsimple Premium client
Neo Financial customer
18 replies
Feb 24, 2012
236 posts
144 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
off topic but what is a normal price for chicken breast and what place is generally the cheapest?
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
2115 posts
1262 upvotes
dan1709 wrote: off topic but what is a normal price for chicken breast and what place is generally the cheapest?
At Walmart its normally 2 for 20$ trays or 1 for $11. The trays typically vary from 800-900g. IMO, not really the best price. You can find it on sale cheaper fairly often but its a decent everyday price if you need chicken.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
3579 posts
2985 upvotes
Markham
dan1709 wrote: off topic but what is a normal price for chicken breast and what place is generally the cheapest?
Normal price varies but I believe averages $8.99 per pound, but less at discount grocers and more at premium grocers or if organic.

On sale, I’ve seen seasoned and frozen at discount grocers for $1.97/lb and fresh boneless for under $4/lb. Bone-in I have seen as low as $2.47/lb.

Cheapest places on sale will be the discount grocers such as Food Basics, No Frills, FreshCo and Walmart.

I believe Asian grocers will be the cheapest day-to-day but it really varies. I don’t recall prices but I know a few times it was quite cheap, probably within the ranges I mentioned.

Freedom Mobile $40/20GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Jul 11, 2017
960 posts
1279 upvotes
Farmboy is $2.99/lb frequently, better quality IMO for pennies more.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2003
5335 posts
3149 upvotes
A Place to Stand
Bella125 wrote: Farmboy is $2.99/lb frequently, better quality IMO for pennies more.
Yes, not sure how much of a "Hot deal" this Walmart price is. Fortinos has it on sale for 2.99/lb this coming week, and that is the regular everyday price at Costco all the time. Sobeys has the regular ground beef on sale for $2.44/lb starting tomorrow if that is your thing for burgers or whatnot.
Sep 9, 2016
392 posts
1010 upvotes
Leask
midget_man wrote: Yes, not sure how much of a "Hot deal" this Walmart price is. Fortinos has it on sale for 2.99/lb this coming week, and that is the regular everyday price at Costco all the time. Sobeys has the regular ground beef on sale for $2.44/lb starting tomorrow if that is your thing for burgers or whatnot.
Not everyone has a Farmboy's, Sobey's, Fortinos etc. I live in Sudbury, and we do have a Costco, but for anyone without a membership, the Walmart sale is the best price going right now.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
midget_man wrote: regular everyday price at Costco
I don't know if the East is different, but in the West Costco is $3.64/lb regular price.
Even if it's more money, I happily buy ground beef at Costco because the quality is so much better.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10930 posts
3663 upvotes
death_hawk wrote: I don't know if the East is different, but in the West Costco is $3.64/lb regular price.
Even if it's more money, I happily buy ground beef at Costco because the quality is so much better.
Walmart meat in the west is good, its from Cargill meats. I buy the ground beef a lot, also the ribeyes when they go on sale 3-4 times a year.
those 12$ pepper roasts with the built in thermometer are awesome.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
rocking23nf wrote: Walmart meat in the west is good, its from Cargill meats. I buy the ground beef a lot, also the ribeyes when they go on sale 3-4 times a year.
I don't really buy meats from Walmart so I can't comment, but the few times I've walked by the steaks they were ugly as sin (as in zero marbling).
I'll take a look at the ground beef again. I could swear that I remember it looking pretty awful, but to be fair this is by memory.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Feb 23, 2017
308 posts
255 upvotes
Costco regular price is 7.99 a kg. Aka 3.64 a lb. Not sure where people are saying 2.99 is regular price . Either way it's worth it. It's good stuff.
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2018
10132 posts
10242 upvotes
Fresh skinless/boneless chicken breasts were $3.77 /lb last week at food basic. Cheapest I've bought them is when my local foodbasic has fresh skinless/boneless chicken breast filet on sale for $2.99 a lb . The butcher shop that runs the meat section routinely has meats cheaper than flyer

Eg knuckle off drumsticks are $1.77 /lb usually
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10930 posts
3663 upvotes
I usually buy the 3kg boxes at save on for 18-19$, they are 19.77 in the west starting tomorrow, in Edmonton, if you go on the first Tuesday of the month you get 15% off your bill also, so around 16-17 bucks for 6.6LBs of frozen chicken breasts
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2003
5335 posts
3149 upvotes
A Place to Stand
Elysianlight wrote: Costco regular price is 7.99 a kg. Aka 3.64 a lb. Not sure where people are saying 2.99 is regular price . Either way it's worth it. It's good stuff.
I don't know what Costco you are shopping at, but both the large packs of LGB and the LGB burger patties are the same price, $6.59/kg, AKA, $2.99/lb at any Costco I go to in the GTA and in Barrie and have been this price for as long as I can remember.
Aug 24, 2016
209 posts
237 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
midget_man wrote: I don't know what Costco you are shopping at, but both the large packs of LGB and the LGB burger patties are the same price, $6.59/kg, AKA, $2.99/lb at any Costco I go to in the GTA and in Barrie and have been this price for as long as I can remember.

7.99kg this week in QC.
Images
  • B00EE21B-11E5-4799-94C4-DC4EA4F7911C.png
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
SergeDufort wrote: 7.99kg this week in QC.
Same price in the West. I'd post a picture too, but it'd look pretty much like this.
Feb 23, 2017
308 posts
255 upvotes
Basically 7.99 everywhere except Ontario because everything is cheaper there for some reason. I look at fast food coupon and Ontario is like $2 cheaper.