Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

Ooma Telo $19.99 Walmart YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 1st, 2021 8:03 am
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2007
5834 posts
1677 upvotes

[Walmart] Ooma Telo $19.99 Walmart YMMV

Saw this at Walmart in Belleville today on the way back to Toronto for $19.99. 4 white ones on the shelf when I went this afternoon. I've been using Ooma since it came out and love it. Sorry if it's a repost but I didn't see any thread regarding the Ooma at this price. Also posting this from hotel room on cell phone which I've never done before....post on cell that is lol...so I apologize for any mistakes.

Stock according to https://stocktrack.ca/?s=wm&upc=81100802010

Last edited by Aggy on Jan 21st, 2021 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
103 replies
Nov 23, 2018
612 posts
842 upvotes
Underground Bunker
Nice! Also don't get this if you don't want to pay 5$-6$ per month on fees.
Nov 12, 2017
573 posts
987 upvotes
Saint John, NB
Upvote for people who want something easy. Personally, I use Textnow on my cell. I'm thinking of trying FreePhoneline or something like that soon.
Feb 1, 2007
861 posts
167 upvotes
Aurora
Vaughan Northwest Supercentre sell it for 2 cents. 2 in stock.
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2007
5834 posts
1677 upvotes
I don't mind paying $5/month although I rarely use our home phone now. However it's there if I need to use it for 911 or whatever.

On a side note Ooma customer service has been great for me and my family over the years. My parents original unit died last year ooma offered one to them for $60 after I said they were just going to use the cell phones. Better than paying full price and they got the unit in a couple of days.
hlzhang wrote: Vaughan Northwest Supercentre sell it for 2 cents. 2 in stock.
1.5 hours till closing! Run, run, run! Or drive, drive, drive I mean.
Nov 26, 2015
887 posts
671 upvotes
Ontario
stizarch wrote: Upvote for people who want something easy. Personally, I use Textnow on my cell. I'm thinking of trying FreePhoneline or something like that soon.
I have my parents on the zoomer home phone. Quality is really crappy. I get massive distortion and echoing on it. Solved the echoing somewhat by placing a piece of tape over the phones microphone. It isn't necessarily their phone as the issue happens when I bring it home and try with my phone.

I also have voip.ms at home and no stupid echo issue.

Just my experience so far.
Feb 10, 2008
656 posts
309 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP. I've been looking at these as my wife wanted to add a home phone for emergencies. I certainly didn't want to spend $129 but for $19 it's worth a try. My store had the white at regular price but the black was labelled on the shelf at$49. When the guy scanned it though, the black showed for $19 so I picked one up.
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2007
5834 posts
1677 upvotes
mrwally wrote: Thanks OP. I've been looking at these as my wife wanted to add a home phone for emergencies. I certainly didn't want to spend $129 but for $19 it's worth a try. My store had the white at regular price but the black was labelled on the shelf at$49. When the guy scanned it though, the black showed for $19 so I picked one up.
Oh wow... share the location if you can ;)
Aug 31, 2005
643 posts
177 upvotes
I dont get this. Isnt there a service / usage fee? You just buy unit and you can use without a plan?
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
2323 posts
2844 upvotes
Ottawa
crazychick wrote: I dont get this. Isnt there a service / usage fee? You just buy unit and you can use without a plan?

No, the unit is to provide VOIP service to your home phone lines, but to get and keep your number active it's $5 a month for voicemail and Canada wide calling. I've had Ooma since they came out and haven't ever ever ever had a single issue with it. Barely use a home phone, but it's there if needed for $5.
Apr 7, 2019
300 posts
237 upvotes
crazychick wrote: I dont get this. Isnt there a service / usage fee? You just buy unit and you can use without a plan?
I know what you mean, I found it confusing too. Yup, you buy unit and get unlimited nationwide calls, just have to pay a monthly fee for “fees and taxes”. You have to pay more for premium services but I didn’t bother with any of those. You can enter your postal code here and see exactly what your monthly cost would be.

I had it for a few months. The call quality was good.
Apr 2, 2018
438 posts
3329 upvotes
Anyone spotted in Oakville/Burlington, Would like to have one. (Its $5.62 per month - Oakville/Burlington).
Sep 29, 2009
816 posts
1427 upvotes
Kitchener
Thanks OP, got one for my household and one for my parents from the Cambridge ON Pinebush Rd location. Both of the units I got were black, there were 3 white and 1 black remaining.
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2007
4053 posts
1127 upvotes
North York
Any in GTA? I would just like to buy one and keep it - incase my current one goes bad. Been using it for over 7 years now - no complaints.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2014
6054 posts
4059 upvotes
Parry Sound
That's an incredible deal
This message has not been approved by The Office of The Mayor of Toronto.
May 15, 2012
186 posts
70 upvotes
BRANTFORD
magicjack 5 year deal seem better...its more upfront
Feb 10, 2008
656 posts
309 upvotes
Toronto
Aggy wrote:
Oh wow... share the location if you can ;)
This was in Uxbridge. They had one or two more on the shelf.