• Last Updated:
  • Jul 18th, 2020 8:46 am
[OP]
Penalty Box
Mar 23, 2004
29820 posts
10538 upvotes

[Walmart] Oral-B Genius 8000 Black *in-store only* clearance $140

Found a tag today (but no product) for Oral-B Genius 8000 Black for $140. I've been looking for a 7000 but Amazon had coupons on some of these brushes and for some reason the coupon for the 7000 disappeared :rolleyes: They still have one on the 8000 but even after coupon it's still $175-185, depending on colour.

Anyway wasn't in stock so quickly went to Stocktrack.ca and found a few stores with it in stock all showing $140 as well. However the stock level is all kinds of wrong on Stocktrack for this, for whatever reason :confused: It said there were 7 at the Edgely Rd. Vaughan location but there was only one. I was going to pick that up but the box was a little busted--not terrible but not sealed beyond the security device. Not having another one to see if it's supposed to be sealed (it isn't) I hid it behind the other toothbrushes (lol) and headed to the one south of York U on Keele (man this one is pretty ghetto BTW). That one Stocktrack said there were 27 but again there was only seemingly one there! At this location it was in the glass case and I only noticed one in there. Anyway it was marked at the full $279 price but scanned at $140. Pretty sure it's $140 at all locations (or at least in my area). After purchase now Stocktrack shows 24 in-stock at that location, but unless they had them somewhere else I didn't see them, I don't think they have those units. Similarly the "7" at Vaughan was just one that I could see.

I really needed to change my now-tired 10yr old Vitality w/NiCd batt that is done for. I really wanted to get a 7000 instead because it comes with the Smart Guide in addition to being able to use your phone, while the 8000 (which is "higher end") only lets you use your phone :rolleyes: But the 8000 has a feature or two more plus it has a charging case. Also the older versions of the 7000 are NiMH and it's tough to tell if you'll get an NiMH one or Li-Ion off Amazon. This 8000 is Li-Ion though.

At $140 it's probably not the greatest deal ever but seems pretty good right now--as mentioned Amazon has it for $175 or so even with coupon. The Walmart reg. price is inflated like mad but $140 is still a decent price. Note that these boxes don't have an outer seal on them--I checked a lot of "NIB" ones on eBay too and none have a seal on the box in the pictures. I dunno how Oral-B/Braun decided to sell them like that but hey they'll either be in the case or have the alarm thingy on them so wouldn't have been opened. Might want to check before purchase though as Walmart's return policy has gone to shit now.

I gave the online link but note it is NOT on sale online.

Happy hunting! :)
Last edited by ES_Revenge on Jul 14th, 2020 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thread Summary
13 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
1627 posts
1272 upvotes
Toronto
Walmart and Amazon had this on sale for $100 back in December. Just letting you know it can go lower than $140
[OP]
Penalty Box
Mar 23, 2004
29820 posts
10538 upvotes
yesnomaybe wrote: Walmart and Amazon had this on sale for $100 back in December. Just letting you know it can go lower than $140
Yeah I saw that though I'm guessing that was Boxing Day price or something? I know they also come on sale for PD but who knows when that will be this year. I figured my brush was really on its last legs now so it was time to get a new one. Beats paying $175+
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
1627 posts
1272 upvotes
Toronto
ES_Revenge wrote: Yeah I saw that though I'm guessing that was Boxing Day price or something? I know they also come on sale for PD but who knows when that will be this year. I figured my brush was really on its last legs now so it was time to get a new one. Beats paying $175+
It was probably a Black Friday price. I checked my order history and I bought if from Amazon in early December
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2005
6104 posts
1596 upvotes
IMHO, you should buy the sonicare 4100 for $50 with $10 back from CO51. You'll use these app-based features a few times and then it just becomes another dumb toothbrush. I can't remember the last time I used anything other than the regular clean mode.

I loved the old 9000 series with rfid brush identification until they got cheap and took that out from the brush heads.
⬆⬆⬇⬇⬅➡⬅➡BA

「上上下下左右左右BA」
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
1949 posts
945 upvotes
Home
rf134a wrote: IMHO, you should buy the sonicare 4100 for $50 with $10 back from CO51. You'll use these app-based features a few times and then it just becomes another dumb toothbrush. I can't remember the last time I used anything other than the regular clean mode.

I loved the old 9000 series with rfid brush identification until they got cheap and took that out from the brush heads.
Who sells the sonicare 4100 for $50?
Oct 30, 2018
246 posts
273 upvotes
You can get a good deal at SDM as well if you use PC Optimum points. The brush frequently goes 'on sale' for $217.5, and with a 20x points + 1000 points for $5 oral b personal offer, you can get 108000 points back for a total of:

$243 (after tax) - $108 (in points) = $135 all in.

SDM has also has had frequent deals lately for 10,000 points for $50 spent on Oral B so it could be even less.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
4636 posts
335 upvotes
This is a good price if you can find stock at a nearby Walmart.

It also reminded me that I still have a BNIB sitting around in the house. If interested, see one of my created threads from last year and save yourself the hassle! (Please report/edit this if against the rules!)
Mar 31, 2011
381 posts
332 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
I RFD wrote: Who sells the sonicare 4100 for $50?
The Bay currently has all Sonicare products on sale, online only. They have the older 4100 models at $50. I can't tell the diff between the old and new 4100, other than color. Same lithium battery, same charging stand, same modes, everything.
Buying things you don't need is what RFD is all about.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
1949 posts
945 upvotes
Home
Blustreak wrote: The Bay currently has all Sonicare products on sale, online only. They have the older 4100 models at $50. I can't tell the diff between the old and new 4100, other than color. Same lithium battery, same charging stand, same modes, everything.
Too bad the CO51 $10 coupon excludes The Bay on their list of eligible retailers. Still good price.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
8617 posts
3443 upvotes
Toronto
I got it for $80 a year or so ago. This clearance price doesn't even beat its $100 sale price.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
1310 posts
1491 upvotes
I was going to post this but then I thought "who the hell would even consider a 300$ toothbrush..."

Even at 50% it still seems overpriced.
Deal Expert
Dec 23, 2003
15590 posts
3925 upvotes
Toronto
For those who are replacing their existing devices, make sure you know what you currently have and how it compares to the new models that are out there. You don't want to find out that the new model you have is actually a step down from what you were replacing. Case in point: I had an older Oral B 3D Excel and the details of it are here: https://www.overstock.ca/Health-Beauty/ ... oduct.html

I then compared it with the current lineup and the features that I can find here: https://www.smilox.com/oralb-power-toothbrush.cfm

Turns out that my old unit is similar to this Genius 8000 series with the exception of a few modes. It looks like they are marketing more speeds and other technology features, but are actually doing less cleaning (10K movements, 20K movements, vs. the older models).
Car Batteries - FAQ, General Information, Tips & Tricks

Car Buying Tips & Tricks

My Cell Phone Providers: Koodo Mobile and Zoomer Wireless