Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] Oral-B Genius 8000 Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush Powered by Braun $90 in-store

Aug 3, 2010
336 posts
120 upvotes
Please correct me if i am wrong, but this seems a bit much for an electric toothbrush. My hygienist recommended a $30 version that has all the essential listed for this model # (and also from Oral-b) and it works great. This 8000 version, reading its specs, i don't understand the value of such unnecessary things like its ability to use a smartphone app ("it's the in thing, ya know!") nor the 12-color LED flashing lights. Dude, i'm brushing my teeth, not having a dance off. It has several features that are clearly superfluous so as to justify its excessive pricing. One should be brushing their teeth effectively and efficiently, not marveling at their latest Veblen good.
Banned
Apr 4, 2020
107 posts
280 upvotes
Hsharpreet wrote: Got you. Nvm, good for whoever missed (like me, bought 2 today).
Was the box sealed in anyway?
Sep 6, 2020
1 posts
When you are using the Walmart app, is the in-store price showing up for you? I swear it used to, but I can't seem to find it now... Even when I click on a store that shows in stock, it's showing the full 2XX price.
Jul 15, 2003
677 posts
184 upvotes
GTA, Ontario
brand404 wrote: Please correct me if i am wrong, but this seems a bit much for an electric toothbrush. My hygienist recommended a $30 version that has all the essential listed for this model # (and also from Oral-b) and it works great. This 8000 version, reading its specs, i don't understand the value of such unnecessary things like its ability to use a smartphone app ("it's the in thing, ya know!") nor the 12-color LED flashing lights. Dude, i'm brushing my teeth, not having a dance off. It has several features that are clearly superfluous so as to justify its excessive pricing. One should be brushing their teeth effectively and efficiently, not marveling at their latest Veblen good.
Got a link/model? I'd be interested. Thanks!
Jun 17, 2016
33 posts
34 upvotes
Anybody have any luck finding this in their stores. I visited the walmarts in my area, they show stock online but when I go in-store nothing.
Nov 28, 2019
238 posts
109 upvotes
soupmaster666 wrote: Because all the companies that make toothbrushes started out literally selling cheap razors and expensive blades, and then realized they could incredibly corner the toothbrush market too. So they did.

Of course now they sell expensive razors and expensive blades.

The toothbrushes are not special. They are not complicated. They are not using new technology. It's all profit.

You can get the replacement heads for $1 from China or $9 each in the grocery store. The heads are not complicated and they are not special. It's a toothbrush. It's all profit.
Yeah you don't need all the bells and whistles that jack up the price and add no real value, just get their like 1000 or 2000 model(can't remember which one now) and that is all you need.

For toothbrush heads I am conflicted a bit on them, like you said the heads are not complicated and should not be that much. I do buy the oral b ones when on sale at costco what makes them like $5 a head which is still way too much but the reason I really pay for it is I am trying to make a effort to buy when I can stuff not made in China and these heads are still made in Germany. If they change that one day then the $1 heads I will be switching too.