Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

Oral-B iO Series 8 Electric Toothbrush with 3 Brush Heads - $199.97

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 12th, 2021 12:23 pm
[OP]
Feb 8, 2012
386 posts
333 upvotes

[Walmart] Oral-B iO Series 8 Electric Toothbrush with 3 Brush Heads - $199.97

Best Buy is selling for $350 here.

London Drugs is selling for $340 here.

The Oral-B iO Series Rechargeable Toothbrush combines powerful, but gentle micro-vibrations with Oral-B's unique dentist-inspired round brush head design for a professional clean feeling every day. The Smart Pressure Sensor helps to keep you from brushing too hard to protect your gums and enamel. AI Recognition using an interactive display helps guide you to your best clean for all areas of the mouth. A 2-minute quadrant timer comes built-in that pulsates every 30 seconds, ensuring a complete clean. The frictionless, smooth magnetic drive system transfers energy to the bristle tips for a clean that wows. Replace your Oral-B iO Series Replacement Brush Heads every 3 months for best results.

• You will receive 1 Oral-B iO Series 8 Violet Ametrine Electric Toothbrush, 3 Oral-B iO Ultimate Clean Replacement Brush Heads, and a premium travel case

• 6 Smart Modes for personalized brushing: Daily Clean, Whitening, Gum Care, Sensitive, Intense, and Super Sensitive

• Interactive colour display for real-time coaching

• AI recognizes your brushing style and guides you to better brushing every day

• Compatible with Oral-B iO Replacement Brush Heads

• Connects to the Oral-B app using Bluetooth to help you track your brushing habits
Images
  • 6413260ld.jpg
Last edited by fortesquieu on Jul 11th, 2021 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
28 replies
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
12134 posts
23632 upvotes
Montreal
IMHO, too much money for a toothbrush.
[OP]
Feb 8, 2012
386 posts
333 upvotes
Temporel wrote: IMHO, too much money for a toothbrush.
Yup, it's definitely not for everyone.

I feel it's worth the money for me, especially the pressure indicator and app showing the cleaning coverage, make it worthwhile for me!
Jan 22, 2009
572 posts
85 upvotes
Is this thing more gentle than the regular oral b?
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
12134 posts
23632 upvotes
Montreal
fortesquieu wrote: Yup, it's definitely not for everyone.

I feel it's worth the money for me, especially the pressure indicator and app showing the cleaning coverage, make it worthwhile for me!
I got the Oral-B 9000 on special with pressure indicator and that did not change the way I brush.
I did not put too much pressure to begin with.
Plus, there was a Wireless gadget associated with the toothbrush that I never used.

Toothbrush manufacturers keep pushing to see how much money they can squeeze out of us suckers.
You end up paying for gimmicky stuff that you don't need or you don't use.
[OP]
Feb 8, 2012
386 posts
333 upvotes
Temporel wrote: I got the Oral-B 9000 on special with pressure indicator and that did not change the way I brush.
I did not put too much pressure to begin with.
That's the key, other electric toothbrushes only alert you when too much pressure is being used, but NOT when pressure isn't enough.

Most of us don't know the correct amount of pressure to use. Hence, this iO series is great because it also alerts you when the correct amount of pressure is being used. It shows green with the right pressure and red with over-pressure.

So it has changed the way I brush my teeth.
Oct 14, 2009
90 posts
62 upvotes
I bought the io9 from shoppers (20x points online plus on sale at $300 so a bit more than this deal). My last cleaning my hygienist asked me if I got a new toothbrush because my teeth and gums are healthier.
Oct 14, 2009
90 posts
62 upvotes
For me I think the difference maker is the app where it tracks where I am brushing and how much I am brushing each area.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
3311 posts
7369 upvotes
Vancouver
fortesquieu wrote: That's the key, other electric toothbrushes only alert you when too much pressure is being used, but NOT when pressure isn't enough.

Most of us don't know the correct amount of pressure to use. Hence, this iO series is great because it also alerts you when the correct amount of pressure is being used. It shows green with the right pressure and red with over-pressure.

So it has changed the way I brush my teeth.
Good lord, this isn't rocket science.

Brush your frigging teeth after meals. If you have $$ to spend and want some gucci toothbrush that does the same thing as a manual one... sure.

$200 is not chump change for me nor would I spend it on this.
Aug 22, 2019
18 posts
18 upvotes
I was waiting for a sale on this - in for one thanks!
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2009
1068 posts
586 upvotes
Did hygienist ask after you told about the deal that you bought io9? I’m using both Oral-b and Philips sonicare but till to date didn’t get compliments lol

vballxox wrote: I bought the io9 from shoppers (20x points online plus on sale at $300 so a bit more than this deal). My last cleaning my hygienist asked me if I got a new toothbrush because my teeth and gums are healthier.
Feb 4, 2016
111 posts
170 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Save yourself $200 and buy a $15 dollar battery powered one from Amazon. You do not need to worry about a plug and charger.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2015
1558 posts
1173 upvotes
Nanaimo
I use the one that comes in a 2 pack from Costco for 80 bucks when On sale. I just went for a checkup the other day and the dentist told me that everything looks good. So my question is, is the $350 one justified when a $40 does a great job?
Oct 14, 2009
90 posts
62 upvotes
Nope didn’t say anything about a new toothbrush. She commented without prompt. I previously had a $50ish sonicare.
Dec 13, 2020
669 posts
1703 upvotes
Markham, ON
How is this new iO series 8 different or better than the regular Oral-B 8000 ?
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2020
1826 posts
4554 upvotes
Most dentists will sell this brush at this price but with more heads/accessories.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2003
1224 posts
606 upvotes
GTA
I had an Oral B 5000 and 7000 and have recently switched to the $50 Sonicare 4100. I can't believe the difference. The Sonicare leaves teeth completely smooth, almost like coming from a hygienist appointment even if I didn't brush for an entire day (lol.. lazy bum). I've never had that with the Oral B 5000/7000 with the various brush heads. I'm convinced now that the 62000 sonic movements is more effective that oscillation+pulsation. I'm gonna agree with the others that spending $200 on a toothbrush is probably unnecessary if a $50 one can do a better job.

Furthermore, Sonicare charger is 110-220V good for international travel. Oral B is 100-120V only.
Nov 30, 2013
359 posts
566 upvotes
Hamilton
danascully wrote: Good lord, this isn't rocket science.

Brush your frigging teeth after meals. If you have $$ to spend and want some gucci toothbrush that does the same thing as a manual one... sure.

My Dentist says to wait 30 minutes after meals before brushing Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes. Why buy the series 8 when it doesn't even have the 3D mouth tracking like the series 9. This is like buying a A-Class Benz lol. I have the old 8000 from an Amazon Prime Day deal, from when we use to have those in Canada... and I changed my tooth paste to Crest Pro Health and used the sensitive mode and I got compliments on my last hygiene visit. Now my dentist is trying to find some else to sell me, "oh you need a night guard lol".
[OP]
Feb 8, 2012
386 posts
333 upvotes
danascully wrote:
Good lord, this isn't rocket science.

Sounds you don't understand, not everyone's teeth is flat and straight. Some people will need guidance on spots where you need more pressure.
Aug 22, 2012
39 posts
13 upvotes
Victoria, BC

I'd like to know if anyone could recommend a basic Oral B style toothbrush that performs all the main functions for a better value. Or is the Costco deal for 2 the best deal? Thanks. Thumbs Up Sign
Last edited by MrDisco on Jul 11th, 2021 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: thread cleanup

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)