Hot Deals

[Walmart] Ortho Killex Weed Killer Clearance (AB/SK)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 23rd, 2019 6:27 pm
May 30, 2008
199 posts
28 upvotes
Saskatchewan
spham wrote:
Jul 24th, 2019 10:14 am
Ha. I was thinking the same thing before I clicked the thread. I’ve been paying the inflated Amazon prices for this stuff.
I'm stock piling a few 1L bottles for myself but message me if you'd like me to send you some bottles.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
15875 posts
6041 upvotes
FYI - for those out west shipping it to someone in Ontario the last time I shipped a case (12 pack) of this for someone it was $45 via Canada Post with signature / insurance / confirmation.

If someone was to set up a group buy or something it might be worth the time to ship it out.
Sep 7, 2017
243 posts
139 upvotes
Any rdfers in KW that want to go in on a case of 12 to split the shipping cost?
Jan 21, 2018
907 posts
769 upvotes
Vancouver
XcaliburZero wrote:
Jul 31st, 2019 12:35 pm
I'm stock piling a few 1L bottles for myself but message me if you'd like me to send you some bottles.
A little concentrate goes a long way. I dosed my lawn 2 years ago to kill an invasive weed, and it took about 1/4 of the bottle. The weed hasn't come back. The 1L bottle could be sitting on my shelf for a decade, slowly deteriorating.
Jan 3, 2011
242 posts
74 upvotes
Kitchener
Bidjaan wrote:
Aug 1st, 2019 7:38 am
Sure, I am in Waterloo.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6460 posts
5032 upvotes
North York
Bidjaan wrote:
XcaliburZero wrote:
Jul 31st, 2019 12:35 pm
i'm interested, would you be able to ship a couple to Ontario?
Sep 7, 2017
243 posts
139 upvotes
Bidjaan wrote:
PM me if you live in Waterloo. I won’t pick up messages from the thread. A kind rfder may just be willing to help us out.
Penalty Box
Feb 7, 2010
1440 posts
225 upvotes
Toronto
I have this and the Scotts Dial n Spray (has specific setting for this weed killer).

What's the ideal process?
- Should I mow the lawn prior to using, or leave everything tall (weeds, grass)
- Should I do this when it's forecasted to be sunny for a few days?
- Should I water the lawn after usage?
- Should I use it "quickly" over the lawn or slowly? (I know spot treatment is better but I have a LOT)
- How soon should I see results?
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
3120 posts
4099 upvotes
Ottawa
reyoasian wrote:
Aug 1st, 2019 4:28 pm
I have this and the Scotts Dial n Spray (has specific setting for this weed killer).

- Should I use it "quickly" over the lawn or slowly? (I know spot treatment is better but I have a LOT)
Don't mow at least 2 days before and after application
Don't apply when rain is in forecast (at least 1-2 days without rain)
Don't water, let it absorb and dry out.
Apply so that weeds/grass are wet
Use protective clothing (boots, pants, long-sleeve shirt, mask)
Don't apply if it's too windy.
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2006
11199 posts
4574 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
reyoasian wrote:
Aug 1st, 2019 4:28 pm

There are basically two types of weeds = tall ones and ones that hug the ground. If you mow before the application, you will get the ones that hug the ground but you may miss the tall ones. If you don't mow, you will hit the tall ones but not necessarily the ones that hug the ground. I suggest that don't mow for several days (if not weeks) before the application so that the weeds grow in and become an easy target to spot and spray using spot treatments (ie don't spray the whole lawn... only spots with weeds you can see). Wait a week and you'll see the weeds start to die off. Wait another week and then mow close to the ground. Then spray again for those ground huggers using spot treatments.

You don't need to wait for a few sunny days. These herbicides are waterproof in a few hours. Check the instructions and then double the time before the safe.

Don't water the lawn after the application. The stuff works by being absorbed into the leaves so if you water just after the application, you are basically washing it off.

If you do the spot treatment - mow - spot treatment method, quickly over those locations with weeds is enough. You don't and shouldn't soak the lawn with this stuff - there is NO NEED to do so and is a waste of product. All you need to do is to have the herbicide wet the leaves of the weed and it will do the rest. Getting herbicide down to the roots does NOTHING but waste it.

Many weeds will react to the Killex within a few days. Some may take upwards of a week or two.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2006
4034 posts
16684 upvotes
TORONTO
seafish wrote:
Aug 1st, 2019 4:36 pm
Don't mow at least 2 days before and after application
Don't apply when rain is in forecast (at least 1-2 days without rain)
Don't water, let it absorb and dry out.
Apply so that weeds/grass are wet
Use protective clothing (boots, pants, long-sleeve shirt, mask)
Don't apply if it's too windy.
Use a surfactant which will go a long way in helping it stick to the weed's leaves.
Jun 2, 2004
616 posts
90 upvotes
Toronto
konsensei wrote:
Aug 1st, 2019 12:20 pm
i'm interested, would you be able to ship a couple to Ontario?
I'd be in for a couple as well if possible! I'm in Toronto/Scarborough/Mississauga :)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
6629 posts
592 upvotes
TO
kryton619 wrote:
Jul 24th, 2019 1:47 pm
Yeah....I don't use it on the lawn. I use it to kill the weeds that grow between the interlocking driveway stones.
Interesting, I will try that. Didn't know it worked that good.
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC ;)

"You can’t soar with the eagles if you’re hanging with the turkeys.”Gary Kent
Aug 1, 2019
1 posts
Mod_Master wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2019 12:01 am
I'd be in for a couple as well if possible! I'm in Toronto/Scarborough/Mississauga :)
i'm interested too. Mississauga Area. pm me. pls.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2005
4897 posts
631 upvotes
Picked up a couple bottles of the 1L killex concentrate at $5/bottle thanks op

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)