Hot Deals

[Walmart] Ortho Killex Weed Killer Clearance (AB/SK)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 23rd, 2019 6:27 pm
Mar 22, 2017
540 posts
425 upvotes
iwells wrote:
Aug 5th, 2019 11:45 am
use 30% or above to really kill weeds but its hard to find and expensive

regular vinegar is only 5%
If you use 30% vinegar, you'd better have your PPE on. That stuff will cause chemical burns, can damage your lungs, can cause eye irritation and if you actually get a slash of it in your eyes it can easily blind you. It's not in the same caliber as household vinegar - it's strong stuff. Frankly, I'd rather use herbicides.
Dec 17, 2017
51 posts
19 upvotes
Simby wrote:
Aug 6th, 2019 2:20 pm
Which store did you find stock at? Claireview stock tracker shows stock but I couldn't find any in store.
That sucks! Was going to drop by Clairview too! Saved me the trip ;). Did you ask the clerk too?
Sep 8, 2006
704 posts
405 upvotes
Edmonton
aphextwin wrote:
Aug 6th, 2019 2:45 pm
That sucks! Was going to drop by Clairview too! Saved me the trip ;). Did you ask the clerk too?
No, I did not ask the clerk. I saw the non-concentrate killex on the regular shelf. But the stock count has gone from 60 to 58. Perhaps they are on the shelf now? I live way south so I can't check in person.
Feb 1, 2019
53 posts
10 upvotes
freakyflow wrote:
Jul 24th, 2019 2:18 pm
I have a 8month old baby and I'v refrained from using this stuff on my front garden (the one I got was Par3 from eBay) - even though he is not coming into direct contact, the smell is what concerns me since we walk out the front door or sometimes just hold the baby/wander around on the front doorsteps. I'm so tempted to use it to kills the massive weeds (the tall ones that grow a yellow flower on top) that are starting to grow in between the plants :(
Do you have any ParIII left or planned on not using it? I am more than happy to give you money & pay for Shipping to AB. (if you are interested)
Feb 1, 2019
53 posts
10 upvotes
Elysianlight wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2019 9:09 pm
Darnit. I was just at Walmart today. I live out of town :(
If you can get product scan code just order from Walmart online directly they ship to your house or nearest Postal Outlet
Feb 1, 2019
53 posts
10 upvotes
seafish wrote:
Aug 1st, 2019 4:36 pm
Don't mow at least 2 days before and after application
Don't apply when rain is in forecast (at least 1-2 days without rain)
Don't water, let it absorb and dry out.
Apply so that weeds/grass are wet
Use protective clothing (boots, pants, long-sleeve shirt, mask)
Don't apply if it's too windy.

Don't forget to use Chemical Resistant Latex/Nitrile Gloves & a good thick texture mask. It works best in Hot mid-sunny day, my gf got a bottle for Free and she gave me some - the 1st time I used it didn't do anything but during 2nd spray I added (DIY surfactant) and it was much better. It's more effective if next door neighbour control their weeds.
Feb 1, 2019
53 posts
10 upvotes
iwells wrote:
Aug 5th, 2019 11:45 am
use 30% or above to really kill weeds but its hard to find and expensive

regular vinegar is only 5%
I purchased Vinegar Concentrate 25-30% bulk from Organic grocery store, they sell everything bulk & give 5 cent credit on each purchase for re-using bottles/bags/container. Either I spayed vinegar than sprinkled salt over weeds in non-grass area 4 days later it's dead, I added some neem oil w/soap. I heard rock salt works better. (My body was completely covered in Outer Space suit - wear protective clothing)
Feb 1, 2019
53 posts
10 upvotes
Simby wrote:
Aug 6th, 2019 2:20 pm
Which store did you find stock at? Claireview stock tracker shows stock but I couldn't find any in store.
E-town peeps don't waste that $9 it's not going to work b/c the strength is too weak. There's so many of you in Ontario, why not split a case of 12 or more for Ortho Killex 1L Concentrate (same as RoundUp but won't kill grass), you can use it next spring/summer. Check it out lawn products.ca it's cheaper than Amazon
Mar 26, 2012
857 posts
475 upvotes
I just boil a kettle of water and pour it on weeds in the crack between the driveway and sidewalk. No chemicals and it dies the next day
Nov 16, 2006
171 posts
16 upvotes
Boiling water is a great idea. Very concerned about our small dog accidentally ingesting chemicals in the backyard.
Sep 8, 2006
704 posts
405 upvotes
Edmonton
FrostyBytes wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2019 3:47 am
E-town peeps don't waste that $9 it's not going to work b/c the strength is too weak. There's so many of you in Ontario, why not split a case of 12 or more for Ortho Killex 1L Concentrate (same as RoundUp but won't kill grass), you can use it next spring/summer. Check it out lawn products.ca it's cheaper than Amazon
Too weak? Killex works awesome on my Edmonton weeds.
Oct 9, 2012
86 posts
23 upvotes
If anyone’s interested I’d sell some of mine for $20 a bottle and you pay for shipping. I only had access to the $9 bottle and was an hour drive away. PM if interested
Sep 17, 2002
877 posts
211 upvotes
How much did that 25-30% cost you? Hard to find in GTA or really expensive here.
FrostyBytes wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2019 3:21 am
I purchased Vinegar Concentrate 25-30% bulk from Organic grocery store, they sell everything bulk & give 5 cent credit on each purchase for re-using bottles/bags/container. Either I spayed vinegar than sprinkled salt over weeds in non-grass area 4 days later it's dead, I added some neem oil w/soap. I heard rock salt works better. (My body was completely covered in Outer Space suit - wear protective clothing)
Feb 1, 2019
53 posts
10 upvotes
checked my receipt $11.50 for 2L, I think I was looking to buy Boric Acid from Cleartech office is in TO or Montreal. Try calling Earth Clinic or email them they might know. I heard this lady in US bought it from a Korean grocery store (its a food ingredient). Sorry, not much help.