• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2021 6:04 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jan 9, 2011
12952 posts
16563 upvotes
Vancouver

[Walmart] Passport photos $9.97 ($3 off)

Pay online, visit Walmart photo centre to have photo taken. This $3 off deal is ending soon, this is the cheapest I have seen since Costco discontinued passport photos.

76 replies
Aug 21, 2005
241 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
Good deal! Did mine at SDM a couple of months ago, paid more than $25.
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2017
1249 posts
1573 upvotes
Kiraly wrote: Pay online, visit Walmart photo centre to have photo taken. This $3 off deal is ending soon, this is the cheapest I have seen since Costco discontinued passport photos.

So how does the booking of photo work?
You pay online but doesn’t give you an option to book a date. Do u just go in anytime with the receipt?
If I buy now at this price can I take the photos in February?(which is when I need it)

Also website says “ Infant photos are not available.”. What does Walmart consider an “infant”? I need to also do for 5 year old. Will they do it for $9.97?
Last edited by Bebo123 on Dec 5th, 2021 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jan 9, 2011
12952 posts
16563 upvotes
Vancouver
Bebo123 wrote: So how does the booking of photo work?
You pay online but doesn’t give you an option to book a date. Do u just go in anytime with the receipt?
If I buy now at this price can I take the photos in February?(which is when I need it)
Yes I think so, just take your e-receipt in with you. You've paid, they owe you a photo.
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2017
1249 posts
1573 upvotes
Kiraly wrote: Yes I think so, just take your e-receipt in with you. You've paid, they owe you a photo.
Ok we shall see. I need another for passport that will renew in 2023. Wonder if I should try my luck with this…Neutral Face
Mar 19, 2009
333 posts
129 upvotes
This sale has been on for a while. My wife took my daughter to the photo studio near the Walmart checkout and got charged 25+ dollars. I guess the price might be for service inside stores at the photo print machines instead of at the photo studios.
May 8, 2008
78 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto

Also website says “ Infant photos are not available.”. What does Walmart consider an “infant”? I need to also do for 5 year old. Will they do it for $9.97?
You can call to confirm, but I think they will do 5+ (they need to be well behaved enough to stand and follow instructions). They are valid for 6 months as per passport application requirements.
Jul 1, 2021
95 posts
421 upvotes
You don't have to pay online. it's the same price in store. Just go in and ask at the photo counter. They take your photos and print first and then you pay them after.

They really can't do infant photos reliably.
First of all your kid has to be able to sit up themselves. They don't have the set up to take in car seat or place your kid on a white sheet like other photos store can. Second, their passport program is automated, as in the photographer cannot actually edit the photos, it's all automated so because your kid is small, the proportions will be off and there is no way to manually crop according passport canada's guidelines. YMMV.
Mar 13, 2006
381 posts
216 upvotes
Toronto, ON
herewegoagain wrote: You don't have to pay online. it's the same price in store. Just go in and ask at the photo counter. They take your photos and print first and then you pay them after.

They really can't do infant photos reliably.
First of all your kid has to be able to sit up themselves. They don't have the set up to take in car seat or place your kid on a white sheet like other photos store can. Second, their passport program is automated, as in the photographer cannot actually edit the photos, it's all automated so because your kid is small, the proportions will be off and there is no way to manually crop according passport canada's guidelines. YMMV.
Yup, $9.97 in store too as per pic.

It's too bad that Walmart is automated and can't do infants.
Images
  • upload.jpg
<3
Mar 23, 2005
111 posts
39 upvotes

Infants are babies. If they can't sit up on their own, they cannot take the photos. If your kid can sit on a seat, you are good.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
6781 posts
3174 upvotes
West GTEH!
Kiraly wrote: Pay online, visit Walmart photo centre to have photo taken. This $3 off deal is ending soon, this is the cheapest I have seen since Costco discontinued passport photos.

What???
When did Costco stop taking Passport Photos?
It was my go to place for $6.99. Of course that was 5 years ago.
😎
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jan 9, 2011
12952 posts
16563 upvotes
Vancouver
herewegoagain wrote: You don't have to pay online. it's the same price in store. Just go in and ask at the photo counter. They take your photos and print first and then you pay them after.
Yeah but the $3 off deal for both ends on December 8th. The advantage of paying online is you can pay now and get the deal, and get the photo done later when the $3 off is no longer available. There's only 3 days left on the pricing deal, so online pay is handy for those who can't get there in time.
Dec 18, 2019
285 posts
235 upvotes
Calgary
Found this deal accidentally 3 days ago. Took our pics yesterday, all good.
In Heavy Metal We Trust
Jun 15, 2015
131 posts
54 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Paid $19.99 before tax both of us at Shoppers Drug Mart. The photographer was very sloppy, blurred and lowest image quality and later wife's was required retake. I don't know if I need retake too. After that I read their google reviews, it's my neighbour store, very bad google reviews and many people complain passport photos. Oh man , that's waste money and time.
Sep 25, 2017
633 posts
460 upvotes
Strong/Free Canada
Thanks OP perfect timing for me to get these done.
"Buy now...think later...You can always return it."
Oct 5, 2014
880 posts
1157 upvotes
AB
For Calgary locals. There are two locations of “Passport Photo Calgary” and they charge $6.99 + tax. One location in NE and one in SW.

Tried SW location and it was not busy at all. In and out in 5 mins with the photos.

I liked their quality much better (better lighting) than my experience with either SDM or London Drugs in the past.
Sep 7, 2018
109 posts
215 upvotes
just a heads up,

I took advantage of this offer a few months back and the passport office didn't accept the photos. they had a slight shadow in the background (I didn't notice - they [the passport office] even tried to fix the issue themselves with their computers but couldn't do it). when the guys saw it was from Walmart he said he 'wasn't surprised'.

you get what you pay for - rings true at least in this instance.
Jun 17, 2018
452 posts
903 upvotes
Can Walmart provide me with a digital copy? I need to upload a photo for another government application - not a passport but I think the requirements are the same. Or any other store that can give me a digital copy?
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
3649 posts
882 upvotes
GTA North
It's criminal to charge 10 bucks for tiny passport photo, it's even worse since most places charge 14 bucks and up and this just happens to be a sale. I should be able to take my own as long as I meet the standards they're requiring.
Heatware 3-0
Homer Simpson - Marge, don't discourage the boy! Weaseling out of things is what separates us from animals - except for the weasel.