Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

Pennzoil Platinum Synthetic 5w30 5L $26.88 - $10 MIR (+ PM, YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2017 11:17 pm
Oct 21, 2016
313 posts
149 upvotes
Did you just tell them there was a mail in rebate and then they deducted it like a coupon?

The point of a mail in rebate is that you mail it in. So you got lucky or something?
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
22438 posts
3065 upvotes
dontgiveajack wrote: Did you just tell them there was a mail in rebate and then they deducted it like a coupon?

The point of a mail in rebate is that you mail it in. So you got lucky or something?
I didn't do anything. Their point of sales automatically deducted $10
Mar 22, 2004
313 posts
38 upvotes
Vancouver
Good deal, poor stock in Vancouver area though.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
4593 posts
19419 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
george__ wrote: See

Something doesn't add up. You vetted the location and date of your receipt (not sure why); at the bottom it says transaction not completed; your oil is $14.88 whereas the deal is $26.88-$10 which would make it $16.88; there's nothing to even document that you got $10 off. Also, can't tell if that's just dino oil or synthetic.
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
22438 posts
3065 upvotes
stovetop wrote: Something doesn't add up. You vetted the location and date of your receipt (not sure why); at the bottom it says transaction not completed; your oil is $14.88 whereas the deal is $26.88-$10 which would make it $16.88; there's nothing to even document that you got $10 off. Also, can't tell if that's just dino oil or synthetic.
Go troll elsewhere
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2008
2944 posts
247 upvotes
Toronto
george__ wrote: Go troll elsewhere
It looks to me you are still eligible for MIR, so u probably got it for $4. that would be the deal of the decade.
or u did not get the same product.
Last edited by bsobaid on Apr 3rd, 2017 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 21, 2009
486 posts
295 upvotes
Moncton
george__ wrote: See

Are you sure you purchased Pennzoil Platinum Synthetic? The UPC on your receipt doesn't match up with that type of oil and there's no indication anywhere on the receipt that you received a rebate. Looks like whatever oil you bought was $14.88. Either that or someone royally screwed up in which case your deal is extremely YMMV.
Banned
Nov 20, 2009
1323 posts
993 upvotes
39.0392° N, 125.7625…
At my local Walmart, the shelves for this deal were empty. But, they had Quaker State full synthetic 5 U.S quart 5w-20 jugs for $24.78 and it seemed like the regular price. Is QS syn oil any good?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2010
7578 posts
576 upvotes
York
Could I use a regular oil filter + synthetic oil? I've never had synthetic in my car - 13 years, 270K
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
22438 posts
3065 upvotes
dankup wrote: Could I use a regular oil filter + synthetic oil? I've never had synthetic in my car - 13 years, 270K
Yes but has that car used original (conventional) for most of it's life?

If so don't do it.. Synthetic is thinner than conventional oil so the motor could get mad (LEAKS)
Banned
Nov 20, 2009
1323 posts
993 upvotes
39.0392° N, 125.7625…
george__ wrote: Yes but has that car used original (conventional) for most of it's life?

If so don't do it.. Synthetic is thinner than conventional oil so the motor could get mad (LEAKS)
Wrong. Deal Expert maybe, but no oil expert. Synthetic 10W-30 is as thin (or thick) as non synthetic oil. The difference is that synthetic oil is supposed to stay in it's viscosity range better because of it's engineered molecular properties. Why synthetic oils are maligned for use in older cars is that they can have improved detergent additive packages that can stir up and dissolve caked-on deposits that in turn could cause seepage and leaks. I've never encountered this in the many cars that I've had.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2010
7578 posts
576 upvotes
York
george__ wrote: Yes but has that car used original (conventional) for most of it's life?

5W30 conventional its whole life.
RSole wrote: Wrong. Deal Expert maybe, but no oil expert. Synthetic 10W-30 is as thin (or thick) as non synthetic oil. The difference is that synthetic oil is supposed to stay in it's viscosity range better because of it's engineered molecular properties. Why synthetic oils are maligned for use in older cars is that they can have improved detergent additive packages that can stir up and dissolve caked-on deposits that in turn could cause seepage and leaks. I've never encountered this in the many cars that I've had.
Car already burns oil and I top up every 2 weeks. I'm scared if I change my oil with this new synthetic oil, it will seep in the cracks and find a leak or burn even more.
Banned
Nov 20, 2009
1323 posts
993 upvotes
39.0392° N, 125.7625…
dankup wrote: 5W30 conventional its whole life.

Car already burns oil and I top up every 2 weeks. I'm scared if I change my oil with this new synthetic oil, it will seep in the cracks and find a leak or burn even more.
Well then don't use expensive synthetic oil. Conventional oil is okay with short replacement intervals.
Nov 21, 2009
486 posts
295 upvotes
Moncton
george__ wrote: Image

These
If you got that for $14.88, you got a deal but I'd say it's extremely YMMV; I'm more inclined to think yours was a pricing error.

The terms of the rebate in the OP state that it must be a 5L jug and that the rebate is submitted online (or via mail) and can take 6-8 weeks to arrive. They had the exact same rebate offer in December; I submitted mine online and received a cheque in about that time frame. There's nothing about this offer that indicates that Walmart will be applying the rebate at point-of-sale.
Aug 13, 2004
143 posts
137 upvotes
Montreal
Can someone help me? I entered all the information on the rebate webpage, but when i click next to upload receipt, it keep taking me to the US page of enter information again.
Anyone else has similar issue?
Jun 20, 2011
91 posts
7 upvotes
Use Chrome or IE. Clear your cookies and cache. I had the same issue and managed to resolve it by doing that.
hkxstyle wrote: Can someone help me? I entered all the information on the rebate webpage, but when i click next to upload receipt, it keep taking me to the US page of enter information again.
Anyone else has similar issue?