[Walmart] Pennzoil Synthetic various weights $28

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 10th, 2020 9:23 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2013
1337 posts
1182 upvotes
Toronto
EasyCompany251 wrote: FYI - Costco branded oil is not 5L/container. If that matters to you. It matters to me as my vehicle uses 5L.
Sorry.
4.73 liters.

Your 5 Liter car won't be able to tell the difference given the sump.
Unless you are burning oil, then that .27 Liters may make a difference.

My old 95 Corolla would only throw the low oil light when the sump was down to one liter and taking a corner.
Time to dump 3 liters in.
Good times.
Aug 30, 2010
992 posts
89 upvotes
Pennzoil Ultra Platinum was $19 couple weeks ago at Walmart. I could only get one bottle as it was hoarded tho. I'm hoping to find the same deal in upcoming sales hopefully.
Mar 21, 2002
760 posts
67 upvotes
Montreal
Went to a Walmart in Montreal (St. Leonard) today and saw Mobil 1 Synthetic 4.73 l ,various grades, at $28.87 and Ext. Performance Syn.at $34.87 for those who prefer Mobil to Pennzoil.
Mar 21, 2002
760 posts
67 upvotes
Montreal
Again I went to a Walmart yesterday in Montreal (Place Viau). Noticed that the Mobil 1 Extended Performance shelf sticker was marked $28 instead of $35. Decided to scan the jug and was surprised that it scanned at $14. Bought two since I was walking home and also didn t want to accumulate too many oil jugs at home.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
3768 posts
1053 upvotes
pawlusho wrote: Again I went to a Walmart yesterday in Montreal (Place Viau). Noticed that the Mobil 1 Extended Performance shelf sticker was marked $28 instead of $35. Decided to scan the jug and was surprised that it scanned at $14. Bought two since I was walking home and also didn t want to accumulate too many oil jugs at home.
good deal!
Oct 15, 2005
190 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto
cowbunpants wrote: Sorry.
4.73 liters.

My old 95 Corolla would only throw the low oil light when the sump was down to one liter and taking a corner.
Good times.
That's because the light you're describing is not a low oil light but a low oil pressure light, when that light comes on it means parts of your engine may not be receiving the correct oil pressure.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2013
1337 posts
1182 upvotes
Toronto
MZ_3 wrote: That's because the light you're describing is not a low oil light but a low oil pressure light, when that light comes on it means parts of your engine may not be receiving the correct oil pressure.
Same chit.
Time to put oil in.
Oct 15, 2005
190 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto
You do what you want. For future readers though the correct thing to do is use the dipstick or electronic oil level gauge to determine when to add oil and not wait for the low oil pressure warning.
Anyways back on topic solid deal for some Synthetic Oil.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2305 posts
1802 upvotes
Montreal, QC
cowbunpants wrote: Same chit.
Time to put oil in.
Far from being the same. When you're oil pressure drops you are already WAY below spec and lubrication has already suffered. It todays smaller high-revving engines (compared to the old big blocks), it can be quite punishing to the engine by the time the light comes on.

But I agree that having 5L jugs is convenient, but at what cost ? The Costco oil (which is decent quality) is substantially cheaper than most alternatives (assuming your costco carries the grade you need). Before 5L jugs became a thing, I always had 1 extra jug which was for topping up. So for an oil change, I'd use 1 Jug, and then take my top up jug, and add 1 mug full to supplement the 4.73L just to come to close to 5L (which my old honda uses also).
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2013
1337 posts
1182 upvotes
Toronto
Emporium wrote: Far from being the same. When you're oil pressure drops you are already WAY below spec and lubrication has already suffered. It todays smaller high-revving engines (compared to the old big blocks), it can be quite punishing to the engine by the time the light comes on.
Other high-revving engines are weak.
Beige Corolla don't give a shit.
Oil or low oil.
It's the honey badger of cars.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2305 posts
1802 upvotes
Montreal, QC
cowbunpants wrote: Other high-revving engines are weak.
Beige Corolla don't give a shit.
Oil or low oil.
It's the honey badger of cars.
Lol.. whatever. treat your cars the way you want. But I don't see the point in doing it knowingly. That's just being plain dumb.
Mar 21, 2009
264 posts
186 upvotes
Hamilton
cowbunpants wrote: Sorry.
4.73 liters.

Good times.
"Cries in F150 7 liter sump"
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2013
1337 posts
1182 upvotes
Toronto
Emporium wrote: Lol.. whatever. treat your cars the way you want. But I don't see the point in doing it knowingly. That's just being plain dumb.
It was litteraly a clapped out beige Corolla that I bought for 500 bucks, with rust on every panel.
It was burning oil before I got it.
The rust ultimately took the car, not the oil burning.
My 2011 Sonata, I treat nice with synthetic every 8,000 km. Which might be overkill.
Does not burn oil...yet.
Aug 21, 2020
23 posts
12 upvotes
Walmart’s synthetic oil is made by the same manufacturer as the Costco oil, is Dexos II approved and comes in 5L containers
[OP]
Sep 14, 2020
326 posts
175 upvotes
Not sure what cars you guys use, but both of mine uses 4L and 3.75L. Must be SUV's or big Trucks

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)