Shopping Discussion

Pepsi 12p Packs 2 for $8 everyday (starting Thurs)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 27th, 2015 4:10 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
May 31, 2009
2249 posts
1274 upvotes

Pepsi 12p Packs 2 for $8 everyday (starting Thurs)

This is from my Pepsi head office and is the new daily deal that Walmart will have starting this Thurs and regular price everyday afterwards. This takes over the 4 for $6 on the 2L that has been the deal for over the past year. No word on whether our competitor Coke will match it, but for now it seems like it is just us. Just to clarify that this is for all varieties of flavs and not just the regular Pepsi itself.

Just to add more info. You will not be able to get 12p any lower then $3.49 and 710s at $2.25 with new standards help set by Coke. (they are still the bigger pop maker/seller)
[external link removed]
84 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2008
4731 posts
2787 upvotes
I don't see the hot? $3.33 for a 12 pack is the highest price I usually get these for. Sometimes I stock up @ $2.99 per pack
Deal Addict
May 31, 2009
2249 posts
1274 upvotes
Sadly $3.49 is the lowest you will be able to get 12p, 710s 6p can go no lower than $2.25. My brother who works sales in Toronto was told by his boss that this is now the norm across the board and Coke is the reason for this in setting the standards. So with the $0.50 above the new lowest 12p price and being able to get them any day (while not waiting a few weeks for them to drop) I think makes this a hot deal, especially when $5.50+ is the normal price almost everywhere else.
[external link removed]
Jan 25, 2015
396 posts
148 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Shoppers Drug Mart regularly has 2 for $5.99 or $3.30/each sales all the time.

And case of 24 is regularly on sale for $6.35
Deal Addict
May 31, 2009
2249 posts
1274 upvotes
True on the 24p but lack they variety choice, and most senior buyers i encounter prefer the 12p for carrying purposes. Plus you were right on the $3.30 deal Shoppers would have but that was old pricing standards. This past week was pretty much the big role out of the new price standard of $3.50 (2 for $7) from Shoppers, Metro and Sobey's
LUMilkman wrote: Will this be available online?
Looks like they don't ship pop orders. Looks like Walmart is in-store only
[external link removed]
Jul 29, 2008
863 posts
62 upvotes
if that's true, then places are selling Coke at a loss leader -I'm annoyed with Coke for changing the formula in favour of less sugar (and yes, I confirmed with Coke themselves) so I'll be stocking up until I taste a change, after that, I have to figure out what to drink but safe to say this "deal" won't bring me over to the PEPSI camp. I can appreciate that you are just the messenger, but I have no idea why Pepsi considers this a sale price in any way.
Jan 24, 2007
940 posts
401 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
picked up a 12pack from shoppers today for 3.49. i don't see how this a hot deal.
Oct 5, 2010
610 posts
933 upvotes
Invader Gir wrote: Just to add more info. You will not be able to get 12p any lower then $3.49 and 710s at $2.25 with new standards help set by Coke. (they are still the bigger pop maker/seller)
I don't believe it, I'm sure I will see a 12 of coke or pepsi for under $3.33 within the next few weeks.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
22705 posts
3696 upvotes
New MAP in effect. Should have remained illegal IMO.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2013
4016 posts
3367 upvotes
YUL/YVR
In 10 years time, we'll see another class-action lawsuit for price-fixing by Pepsi/Coke.

Then the next generation of RFDers will all be receiving another ~$20 rebate in the mail. :lol:
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2007
3906 posts
1028 upvotes
Toronto
Invader Gir wrote: True on the 24p but lack they variety choice, and most senior buyers i encounter prefer the 12p for carrying purposes. Plus you were right on the $3.30 deal Shoppers would have but that was old pricing standards. This past week was pretty much the big role out of the new price standard of $3.50 (2 for $7) from Shoppers, Metro and Sobey's

Looks like they don't ship pop orders. Looks like Walmart is in-store only
Its a hot deal why? Because the new regular price will be higher than what previous sales prices were?
Makes sense

I don't think anyone in their right mind paid the 5$+ regular price for a 12 pack. Pepsi is almost always "on sale" at one place or another every week.
If anything this is the opposite of a hot deal in that telling us the sale prices will be higher that what they have always been.
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15556 posts
1026 upvotes
Kasakato wrote: New MAP in effect. Should have remained illegal IMO.
+1 IMO people are being kinda hard on the OP for, despite having an affiliation with Pepsi, something beyond their control.

The only upside of MAP pricing, I see, is hopefully it'll encourage new brands into the marketplace.

Perhaps instead of this 2/$8 deal WalMart should start selling RC Cola as a start.
Should we have open retail markets to bring more UK and US retailers to Canada?wegmans-tops-trader-joes-americas-favou ... #p27788812
Nov 17, 2012
419 posts
143 upvotes
Le Gardeur
NG wrote: +1 IMO people are being kinda hard on the OP for, despite having an affiliation with Pepsi, something beyond their control.

The only upside of MAP pricing, I see, is hopefully it'll encourage new brands into the marketplace.

Perhaps instead of this 2/$8 deal WalMart should start selling RC Cola as a start.
Thanks for posting this, exactly what I'm thinking. OP went here to give heads up on what's going up as part of Pepsi and now I know that the 2 for 2.50$ is the new MAP. I would probably won't see anymore the 1.97$ for 6 x 791ml at SDM.

To say that the 2/8$ isn't a hot deal, you're probably right, but still "warm" and we now know that 12 for 3.49$ is the MAP and should buy if we want some at this price...

Thanks OP
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
4320 posts
4919 upvotes
Ottawa
My local shoppers has 2 for $4.50 deal going on for a week.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
ot: did u guys get that $20 in free pepsi/tostitos coupons in the mail in rebate form?
its not bad, 5 coupons , free 2L drink + doritos bag, free twistos, any flavour salsa, free 12x355ml pack, free tropicana juice 1.75L

[IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/34fmcm9.jpg[/IMG]
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
Dec 26, 2004
78 posts
12 upvotes
Surrey
If Pepsi was smart they would always be less than Coke and would probably make more sales. As we can see they aren't.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
I think where people are coming from, is that, a price increase, or saying that we'll never see those sale prices again, is not a HOT DEAL... perhaps this should be in the discussion threads... And can retailers not decide to run their own sales??? Or, I am sure we could see $1.00 off when you buy 2 packs at $3.99, etc... Regardless, if the new regular sale price will be $4, we'll get used to it, just like we did with gas, produce, meat, etc.... but still doesn't make this a HOT DEAL in any way shape or form.
Matazz wrote: If Pepsi was smart they would always be less than Coke and would probably make more sales. As we can see they aren't.
I think unless they are considerably cheaper, people stick with what they like... for $0.50 cheaper, most won't change... Rye and Pepsi, doesn't have the same ring, unfortunately!
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2003
2570 posts
461 upvotes
CindyM99 wrote: if that's true, then places are selling Coke at a loss liter -I'm annoyed with Coke for changing the formula in favour of less sugar (and yes, I confirmed with Coke themselves) so I'll be stocking up until I taste a change, after that, I have to figure out what to drink but safe to say this "deal" won't bring me over to the PEPSI camp. I can appreciate that you are just the messenger, but I have no idea why Pepsi considers this a sale price in any way.
FYI, it's "loss leader".