4413 upvotes
MILTON

[Walmart] Phillips Shaver 1000 or multigroomer 5000 for $34.96

16 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2020
1121 posts
681 upvotes
a bit late. In July the haircutting places reopen. Another shutdown is becoming less likely with vaccination rates ahead of schedule.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
1670 posts
839 upvotes
Im clueless about electric shavers, but is that one any good? I shave about 1-2x/week
Deal Addict
May 2, 2008
2593 posts
1512 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks bought one.

For the poster above, I don't see the 5000 always on sale for 35, sure it's been on sale before but sells out quickly. I missed the last sale
Vinh
If you're going to hate, Get off RFD!
Jan 2, 2017
349 posts
320 upvotes
evilYoda wrote: a bit late. In July the haircutting places reopen. Another shutdown is becoming less likely with vaccination rates ahead of schedule.
The products are for shaving and trimming, which most men do at home regardless of the lockdown...
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2004
2508 posts
720 upvotes
Winnipeg
Broskah wrote: How's this for the Basketball And Hoop?
Only with one of the guards on, otherwise, RIP
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
2143 posts
778 upvotes
Broskah wrote: How's this for the Basketball And Hoop?
I would never recommend using an electric shaver for the 🥜‘a. Surround areas sure. But I would recommend a traditional razor (3/4 blade) for that region. I’ve heard to many order stories of skin being clipped with electric trimmers.
Nov 11, 2010
129 posts
124 upvotes
GTA/Niagara
Thanks OP, currently in the market for a new one since the mrs, for some inexplicable reason decided to use mine on the dog.
Dec 1, 2009
46 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
mathewvc wrote: I would never recommend using an electric shaver for the 🥜‘a. Surround areas sure. But I would recommend a traditional razor (3/4 blade) for that region. I’ve heard to many order stories of skin being clipped with electric trimmers.
Face Screaming In Fear Just the thought Face Screaming In Fear
If you're happy, and they're unhappy....it was a good deal.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
2623 posts
1000 upvotes
Mississauga
mathewvc wrote: I would never recommend using an electric shaver for the 🥜‘a. Surround areas sure. But I would recommend a traditional razor (3/4 blade) for that region. I’ve heard to many order stories of skin being clipped with electric trimmers.
I use the Boddygrommer and no issues. I dont think the products in this post are for that use case.
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ph ... lsrc=aw.ds
Sep 15, 2013
768 posts
101 upvotes
Toronto
I'm looking for something to trim my beard, shave my neck and cut some lines. How close of a shave does this get? Am I better off with something more expensive?
[OP]
Jan 24, 2013
982 posts
4413 upvotes
MILTON
BabylonDown wrote: I'm looking for something to trim my beard, shave my neck and cut some lines. How close of a shave does this get? Am I better off with something more expensive?
i have 5000 series, i use it to trim my beard. it is close enough shave but it is not compared to blade
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4842 posts
2607 upvotes
IMO Every man should have a multigroomer + double edged razor.

Multigroomer is a quick way to limit pube-style beards and once a week or twice a month you can quickly do the edges of your hair so you don't get that werewolf thing on the back of your head that slowly makes its way downwards. Even better if you learn how to cut your own hair, but I understand that isn't for everyone and there's a lot of trial and error. As for the balls, often have to use a guard longer that you'd want then shave afterwards and perform some ritual so you don't get ingrowns.
Dec 13, 2019
455 posts
373 upvotes
"Is it the frank or the beans?" Face Screaming In FearFace With Tears Of Joy I'm sure many guys on here crossed their legs several times from just "feeling it" through the monitor... Confused Face
Why settle for MSRP when you can wait and get it at a lower price? 😉