Expired Hot Deals

Walmart

Pit Boss Memphis Ultimate 4-in-1 Gas/Charcoal Smoker 499$ (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 18th, 2021 9:08 pm
[OP]
Jun 24, 2017
28 posts
27 upvotes

[Walmart] Pit Boss Memphis Ultimate 4-in-1 Gas/Charcoal Smoker 499$ (YMMV)

Sorry this is my first post, hopefully I did everything right. Anyways, found this BBQ/Smoker at Walmart earlier this week for 499$ (was 798$ I believe). Picked one up as I needed a new BBQ anyways. Trying it out today so hopefully it's good. Website showing as 798$, but found in at the Orleans Walmart for 499$.

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/pit-boss-m ... 0198975261

https://stocktrack.ca/?s=wm&upc=68467848329

Good luck!
Thread Summary
Upgrading your backyard cookspace? Check out RFD Reviews' top picks for the best smoker grills!
23 replies
Nov 30, 2013
332 posts
329 upvotes
NB
Very tempting and timely. Just got done smoking a brisket on my gas BBQ. A proper smoker would be less challenging. Thanks OP
I AM NOT A BOOMER, but I wish i was.
Aug 23, 2010
983 posts
484 upvotes
Hmmm... It's in stock relatively near me. With Walmart do I just need to go to the store or is there the ability to order for instore pick up?

Edit: Just saw on the listing that pickup is not available
[OP]
Jun 24, 2017
28 posts
27 upvotes
I had to go to the store. It wouldn't let me do the pickup in store.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2002
1937 posts
93 upvotes
Belleville
Smoker is electric if anyone didn't click the link. The smoke can be released to the gas/charcoal grills.
Sep 25, 2009
999 posts
838 upvotes
daviddavieboy wrote: Very tempting and timely. Just got done smoking a brisket on my gas BBQ. A proper smoker would be less challenging. Thanks OP
I smoke brisket on gas bbq all the time. The hot and fast method works amazing on gas.
Looking at this smoker, it doesnt seem to have enough room to smoke a full packer in the smoking box anyways....
Mar 14, 2009
524 posts
748 upvotes
Halifax
daviddavieboy wrote: Very tempting and timely. Just got done smoking a brisket on my gas BBQ. A proper smoker would be less challenging. Thanks OP
A proper one probably will be, but most of the cheap ones have a hard time keeping a low/steady temp. Not sure if that includes this one but I'd be surprised to find a quality smoker at Walmart.
[OP]
Jun 24, 2017
28 posts
27 upvotes
I just finished smoking meats all day. Here is my quick review. I smoked ribs, pork tenderloin and chicken wings. The ribs were really good and fall off the bone, the tenderloin was really tender, and the chicken wings were amazing. Overall I am very pleased with the smoker. As for the, a brisket can definitely fit on there. The top rack is about 17 inches wide. As for the temp, it was my biggest worry going into this and I got the hang of it pretty quickly. The temp help up at 200-225 pretty much the entire smoke. Can't wait to try different kinds of meat in there, very happy with my purchase.
Nov 30, 2013
332 posts
329 upvotes
NB
This one has a lot of good reviews. Most of the bad ones seem to be from shipping damage. My BBQ with one burner at low (and the rest turned off) had no trouble staying at 230F for 9 hours. would probably try to get it lower somehow next time. Some of the fat in the middle was not completely melted. The brisket was 10lb and I stopped cooking when the internal temperature was just at 200F
I AM NOT A BOOMER, but I wish i was.
[OP]
Jun 24, 2017
28 posts
27 upvotes
Nice, can't wait to try a brisket. I've never had one before so it will be a full experience for me.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2015
1066 posts
1008 upvotes
Mooooonnn
Just read the product page and YouTube review. Someone pls correct me if I am wrong, so this is just a propane (left)+ charcoal (right) grill + electric smoker (bottom). I thought the smoker can be done by both propane and charcoal…

If that is the case, May I ask what this benefit of this compared to a kettle + gas grill + (electric) smoker? I’d rather dedicated product doing dedicated work…
1. Buy cheap, buy twice
2. Don’t buy because it’s cheap. Buy it when needed or it brings convenience/happiness/better quality in life
3. Buy now think (regret/return) later
4. If the gut says don’t tell your lady, don’t!
Jul 22, 2020
684 posts
108 upvotes
How?
[OP]
Jun 24, 2017
28 posts
27 upvotes
anshiren wrote: Just read the product page and YouTube review. Someone pls correct me if I am wrong, so this is just a propane (left)+ charcoal (right) grill + electric smoker (bottom). I thought the smoker can be done by both propane and charcoal…

If that is the case, May I ask what this benefit of this compared to a kettle + gas grill + (electric) smoker? I’d rather dedicated product doing dedicated work…

The propane and charcoal side both have a vent that can open up from the smoker area. So you can have wood chips in the smoker and open the vents to let the meat get smoked on the propane or charcoal side.
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2016
1315 posts
743 upvotes
Lost interest after the "porcelain-coated" part, I only buy stainless or uncoated cast iron (which is kind of hard to find btw).
Also, do not see the point of an electric smoker. There are very decent non-electric BBQ/smokers in the $400 price range (looking at you 26" Weber kettle) and the fun part is starting the fire.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2004
3963 posts
389 upvotes
Toronto
I tried this combo grill last year and have to say I didn't realize how cramped the grill area would be on both sides. It does a decent job, but for anyone that likes to cook a lot, the Memphis may not be for you.

That being said, I had issues with my grill and Pit Boss warranty has been amazing. But I barely use my grill now. If anyone in the Toronto area is interested, I'll sell you my grill with cover. PM me if interested.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2015
1066 posts
1008 upvotes
Mooooonnn
Footstick wrote:
The propane and charcoal side both have a vent that can open up from the smoker area. So you can have wood chips in the smoker and open the vents to let the meat get smoked on the propane or charcoal side.
Thank you that makes more sense. Temperature control is still mainly done via electric heating element I assume?
1. Buy cheap, buy twice
2. Don’t buy because it’s cheap. Buy it when needed or it brings convenience/happiness/better quality in life
[OP]
Jun 24, 2017
28 posts
27 upvotes
anshiren wrote: Thank you that makes more sense. Temperature control is still mainly done via electric heating element I assume?
Yeah for the smoker the temp is controlled by the knob and also a vent at the back of the smoker.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2015
1066 posts
1008 upvotes
Mooooonnn
Footstick wrote: Yeah for the smoker the temp is controlled by the knob and also a vent at the back of the smoker.
Thank you.
1. Buy cheap, buy twice

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)