Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] Pit Boss Pellets

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2020 5:04 pm
Jan 31, 2018
666 posts
1131 upvotes
Winnipeg
peteryorkuca wrote: What makes one food grade pellets and other don't when both advertise with biodegradable no added machine oil and chemicals? Wood is just wood imo
Heating pellets are usually softwood. Sometimes the hardwood ones are really green wood with a lot of resin. Both can be most unpleasant for cooking.
Mar 5, 2016
648 posts
403 upvotes
hyperactiveme wrote: Any review of your Pitboss experience overall (general pellet BBQ)? I'm still on the fence. @ $8 for 40lbs it's basically free. Great score.
I have the Pitboss 820 FBC (Costco) that I bought two years ago or so. Happy with it, doesn't get as searing hot as charcoal/propane, tastes better than propane, easier to operate than charcoal.

For standard stuff like burgers/steaks etc. I just crank up the heat. For chicken, I usually do 300-350, depending on intensity of smoke flavour that I want. I do a lot of beef ribs on there as well which are dead simple on a pellet grill. Literally set it and check in once an hour to spritz, and that's it.

I've also done whole bone-in leg of lamb, spatchcock chicken, kebabs. Everything comes out fantastic.

Note: Pitboss has the flame broiler option where the heat shield opens up to reveal the flames. This can give you pretty nice grill marks, so it is still possible to achieve the nice, crispy, seared steaks. Only downside is that the area is pretty small and can only do 1-2 steaks at a time, which is fine by me.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
12967 upvotes
hyperactiveme wrote: I have a broil King keg that does everything perfectly well. However no one else will use it and sometimes I'd like to just come home to things done. Pellet might be happy middle ground.
I mean... it sounds like you want something fast like a grill.
A pellet (IMO) doesn't make a good grill. It's only really an idiot proof smoker.

Unless I'm reading it wrong.
Also who else uses your outdoor cooking equipment?
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3618 posts
600 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
I broke down and got it. Looks like it's definitely going to be bigger than I wanted. Half the price of the GMG DC though.
Mar 5, 2016
648 posts
403 upvotes
hyperactiveme wrote: I broke down and got it. Looks like it's definitely going to be bigger than I wanted. Half the price of the GMG DC though.
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. I am really enjoying it VS propane and charcoal just because it is so much easier.
Dec 14, 2006
834 posts
346 upvotes
Back up to $29.98.
However, $20 sign was still up at around noon today, and cashier adjusted the price no problem.
Marlborough is now showing $18.50 on stocktrack, and Westbrook @ $20.
rflxns wrote: i was at Deerfoot City (in Calgary) and bought a few bags. Can confirm they have LOTS in stock at $20/bag
Nov 23, 2019
41 posts
74 upvotes
Calgary
Sign still sais $20 at deer foot city this afternoon for the 40# bags.

Also a mini hijack of original thread, they have this charcoal blend pitboss pellet for $15 for a 20# bag.
Images
  • 4245D442-20D3-4BD7-89EB-7C07FCE3C443.jpeg
  • 0A38F97F-FCA8-45A1-8491-4F5018337B3B.jpeg
  • 487DF331-6287-4E80-8C37-D41A9945118B.jpeg
  • 7514885A-92A2-4C6E-A6B7-277E68594B9C.jpeg
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3618 posts
600 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
death_hawk wrote: Really? Costco I think has a 33lb sack for I think $25 regular price.
$26.99 at my Costco. Bought a single bag for now. Still no charcoal, on 2 months.

Nothing at Walmart and Canadian Tire only had very small bags at more dinero.
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
10874 posts
5989 upvotes
Markham
Bass Pro Shops has Cabelas Wood pellets $10 for 20lbs or $0.50/pound.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/cabelas ... od-pellets

Infuse mouthwatering flavor and wonderful wood smoke aroma into every piece of food from your pellet-fired grill with Cabela's® BBQ Wood Pellets. Made of all natural, dried woods, these easy-to-use pellets deliver an even, consistent burn for great performance and taste. Versatile pellets provide a great smoke source for charcoal, electric, propane, and natural gas smokers and grills as well.

All natural wood pellets for pellet-fired grills and smokers
Even and consistent burn, mouthwatering flavor, and wonderful smoked aroma
Adds smoke flavor in charcoal, electric, and propane smokers and grills as well
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Nov 27, 2014
236 posts
192 upvotes
Calgary, AB
gr8dlr wrote: Bass Pro Shops has Cabelas Wood pellets $10 for 20lbs or $0.50/pound.
BassPro's website is the US one - so that is in US$ with shipping to USA. I don't think that's the Canadian price..... You can order online from Basspro's website, but delivery will be massive on such heavy items.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2004
1167 posts
464 upvotes
Stocktrack showing $14.99 in Kamloops.
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
10874 posts
5989 upvotes
Markham
globalstar66 wrote: BassPro's website is the US one - so that is in US$ with shipping to USA. I don't think that's the Canadian price..... You can order online from Basspro's website, but delivery will be massive on such heavy items.
Not sure... Canadian flag in upper right. Vaughan store selected
bps Capture.JPG
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3618 posts
600 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
gr8dlr wrote: Not sure... Canadian flag in upper right. Vaughan store selected

bps Capture.JPG
Doesn't matter, only Canadian pricing is from www.Cabelas.ca

I already when through this with a call in to the store to figure it out about a week ago.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2013
1047 posts
508 upvotes
Scarborough
gr8dlr wrote: Not sure... Canadian flag in upper right. Vaughan store selected
bps Capture.JPG
Same price in Canada. I've read some reviews and went with the more expensive traeger.