• Last Updated:
  • Aug 15th, 2019 5:07 pm
[OP]
Jun 16, 2019
39 posts
87 upvotes
Ontario, Canada

[Walmart] PlayStation Classic Console - $39.96

PlayStation® Classic Console on sale at $39.96 at Walmart Online.

Originally found at EB Games for $39.99 but Walmart has it 3 cents cheaper. Other retailers have it for the original price $79.99 so you could try price-matching with either EB Games or Walmart.

Note: When Walmart had this sale a couple of months ago, I tried to get it in store but the price wasn't the same.

Introducing PlayStation® Classic

A miniature recreation of the iconic PlayStation console, pre-loaded with 20 fan-J19favorite games along with two wired controllers for local multiplayer showdowns and a virtual memory card for vital game saves.

PlayStation®Classic also features the same famous logo, button layout and outer packaging – but this mini console is approximately 45% smaller than the original PlayStation® and includes a HDMI cable to connect directly to a TV.

PlayStation®Classic is the perfect console for retro-loving fans – and for a new generation wanting to experience the dawn of PlayStation for the first time.
• PlayStation® Classic comes with 20 pre-loaded games including, Battle Arena Toshinden, Cool Boarders 2, Destruction Derby, Final Fantasy VII, Grand Theft Auto, Intelligent Qube, Jumping Flash, Metal Gear Solid, Mr Driller Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee, Rayman, Resident Evil Director’s Cut, Revelations: Persona Ridge Racer Type 4, Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo, Syphon Filter, Tekken 3, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six, Twisted Metal, Wild Arms

• This mini console is approximately 45% smaller than the original PlayStation.
• Includes two wired controllers, a virtual memory card and an HDMI cable.
Last edited by georgepolus on Aug 5th, 2019 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title edit
Thread Summary
redflagdealsguy wrote: This is significantly better than a RetroPi, even at $40.

- Way less DIY.
- Easiest softmod in recent history.
- Dozens of Consoles with Thousands of Games Supported
- Active Development Community
- OTG Support
- WiFi Support (Beta)

Resource:
playstation-classic-homebrewing-2279484/
redflagdealsguy wrote: Easiest, Friendliest, Emulator on the Playstation Classic:

AutoBleem

Installation of Version 0.6 Beta 2

Explanation of Version 0.6 Beta 2

Step-by-Step AutoBleem Installation (For 0.5.1 but Valid)

Installation of RetroArch on AutoBleem

AutoBleem with RetroBoot: Take a Look

This post is evolving over time. Please be patient as this content expands.

AutoBleem 0.7.5 with Retroboot: https://www.reddit.com/r/PlaystationCla ... autobleem/

AutoBleem 0.6 Beta 2 Released: https://github.com/screemerpl/cbleemsync/releases

RetroArch for AutoBleem: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... Y3ZrMNOJws

Alternate Communities: https://www.reddit.com/r/PlaystationClassic/

USB Compatibility List via Reddit

Simple USB Current Limiter Override

Playstation Classic Accessories:

SanDisk Cruzer Fit B35 64GB USB 2.0 Low-Profile (PSC Compatible) - Proof of Compatibility - USA Source
SanDisk Cruzer Fit G35 64GB USB 2.0 Low-Profile (PSC Compatible)
SanDisk Cruzer Fit 32GB USB 2.0 Low-Profile (PSC Compatible)
8BitDo Playstation Classic Wireless Bluetooth Adapter
Playstation Classic Case
AmazonBasics 4 Port USB 3.0 Hub with 5V/2.5A power adapter
Insignia USB 2.0 Hub with Power Adapter Credit to @[Thundercloud], assist by @[GeraldoRei].

Console Emulation Demos

Sega Dreamcast (Beta Emulation -- Unreleased)

NES

SNES

MAME2003

N64 - BETA

Game Boy Advance - BETA

Sega Genesis - BETA

Sega CD - BETA

Sega 32X - BETA

PSP

How To Cheat in AutoBleem

Guidance for Enabling Cheating on AutoBleem
Q&A #1 on AutoBleem Cheats
Q&A #2 on RetroBoot Cheats

27 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
3892 posts
4186 upvotes
Ottawa
EB Games doesn't price match. And you want to price match Walmart with... Walmart? Okay then...

Plus, this is not a good deal.
Tampa Bay Lightning; Back to back Stanley Cup Champions!! ⚡⚡
Milwaukee Bucks; 2020-21 NBA Champions! 🦌

First time ever that both my teams in different sports win the championship in their respective league.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2013
2355 posts
718 upvotes
New Brunswick
Has dropped to 29.99 in the past.
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2007
5553 posts
1303 upvotes
seafish wrote: I bought at $19.99.
Don't have a time machine though.

OP probably wanted to point to possible price match at BestBuy to get extra $4 off (they sell at $80)
I think I got mine for $19.99 at the source in April? It's still in the box as I haven't had time to play it yet and probably won't in the next 18 years before the kids go to university.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2010
1387 posts
428 upvotes
Surrey
seafish wrote: I bought at $19.99.
Don't have a time machine though.

OP probably wanted to point to possible price match at BestBuy to get extra $4 off (they sell at $80)
I also got it at this price, haven't even opened it yet.
Aug 2, 2016
13 posts
24 upvotes
I bought one when it was $20 and threw it in the camper for rainy days. Used it last week with the boy worked good
Aug 25, 2017
188 posts
307 upvotes
Fantastic retro console once jailbroken, but $40 is really high. $30 has been super common and they've dropped to $20 several times.

Be aware if you're buying one they come effectively broken out of the box. They're locked into PAL mode giving everything weird framerates. In some cases games even tied mechanics to framerates back then. It's a SUPER simple fix though and once jailbroken you can flip the switch to enjoy all the preinstalled games, or add games of your own really easily.
Aug 12, 2010
916 posts
750 upvotes
Look at $40, many would say go buy a RetroPi box, but think: $40 for 2 good controllers + the system. For the basic user, that's a darn good deal.

+1 Op!
zott23 wrote: Fantastic retro console once jailbroken, but $40 is really high. $30 has been super common and they've dropped to $20 several times.

Be aware if you're buying one they come effectively broken out of the box. They're locked into PAL mode giving everything weird framerates. In some cases games even tied mechanics to framerates back then. It's a SUPER simple fix though and once jailbroken you can flip the switch to enjoy all the preinstalled games, or add games of your own really easily.
Zoomer $36 Plan Loyal
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
20243 posts
23716 upvotes
This is significantly better than a RetroPi, even at $40.
  • Way less DIY.
  • Easiest softmod in recent history.
  • Dozens of Consoles with Thousands of Games Supported
  • Active Development Community
  • OTG Support
  • WiFi Support (Beta)
Resource:
Jul 15, 2019
110 posts
55 upvotes
Nova Scotia
kool1 wrote: ARCTIC COLD
Agreed, this system was a major flop. Would hesitate even spending $10 bucks on it, but to each their own.
Aug 25, 2017
188 posts
307 upvotes
The device is fantastic. It's just been available much cheaper from a wide variety of sources lately.

Thumbs up on the PS Classic as a retro games console, thumbs down on the price. So I abstained from voting.

Edit: The reason it flopped is that it's broken out of the box. With 2-3 minutes of effort you can correct that and it works flawlessly. But for your average run of the mill non-internet savvy customer, it doesn't work right out of the box.
Jan 15, 2017
101 posts
159 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: This is significantly better than a RetroPi, even at $40.
  • Way less DIY.
  • Easiest softmod in recent history.
  • Dozens of Consoles with Thousands of Games Supported
  • Active Development Community
  • OTG Support
  • WiFi Support (Beta)
Resource:
I agree. I have both and the pi was more expensive since you have to buy a case and controllers. Ps classic is easier because you can add and subtract games as you want but the Pi is a huge image.
kool1 wrote: ARCTIC COLD
JessomeK wrote:
Agreed, this system was a major flop. Would hesitate even spending $10 bucks on it, but to each their own.
No one is buying the PS classic to play it as is. Best for the jailbreak.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
20243 posts
23716 upvotes
Jafaking wrote: I agree. I have both and the pi was more expensive since you have to buy a case and controllers. Ps classic is easier because you can add and subtract games as you want but the Pi is a huge image.

No one is buying the PS classic to play it as is. Best for the jailbreak.
Folks are out of the loop it seems. I'll throw my post into the summary.
Dec 15, 2015
89 posts
45 upvotes
York, ON
Almost bought for full price. Glad I returned.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
9678 posts
6404 upvotes
Toronto
I knew there were a lot floating around, but this is just ridiculous Face With Tears Of Joy
Images
  • Screenshot (6).png