• Feb 13th, 2018 7:57 pm
[OP]
Jul 18, 2014
432 posts
975 upvotes
Tillsonburg ON

[Walmart] please delete out of stock

Walmart clearance
Description & Features The Poulan Pro PR240 is a great snow clearing solution. It's 24" clearing width and 179cc engine are perfect for any driveway. The adjustable handle help make using this model more comfortable.
no electric start
Last edited by pman113 on Feb 13th, 2018 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
12 replies
Banned
Feb 7, 2005
4498 posts
1183 upvotes
Just got rid of my Poulan very cheaply made machine . The pullies inside are plastic .
<sig removed> by moderators . Yet no moderator told me they removed or why ?
Feb 6, 2007
404 posts
249 upvotes
Agree. I bought this about three years ago in similarly priced clearance sale from Walmart. So many issues with poor build quality as it wouldn't prime and was a pain to start even with top quality fresh fuel and constant maintenance. And most service companies either refused or wanted to charge a premium to service to because the parts were uncommon.

The toro electric start we bought the following year been going strong and although smaller does what we need for the gta snowfalls.

I can't even get rid of my old poulan pro one for 300 bucks and it was only used 4 times total.

So price is good but buyer beware...
Oct 14, 2007
111 posts
22 upvotes
I bought this a few years ago during a Walmart anniversary sale, for roughly the same price. Having not owned a snowblower before I consider this my "learner" machine. It taught me last year that you have to keep good fuel in it and fuel stabilizer over the summer or else you need to remove and completely drain the fuel tank in order to get it to start. I also had the drive belt stretch on me at the beginning of this season so I learned how to change that. Other than those two issues, one of which is my fault and the other I consider wear and tear, it has been good for me.
Mar 26, 2007
540 posts
195 upvotes
Scarborough
Maybe poulan done things differntly now, but I brought one different model Poulan few years back from Walmart. 200 for a single stage and it works wonderful for the last 6 seasons in the gta snow. Best investment for my back for sure.
Nov 30, 2013
477 posts
433 upvotes
I would stay away from anything Poulan. I had a couple of gas power equipment from them. Both fail and went to the garbage. It is even worst than Yardworks by MTD.
Feb 1, 2018
15 posts
4 upvotes
hamilton, on
Seems to be sold out in the Fraser Valley, ,
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
2240 posts
2234 upvotes
sbobcat wrote: Maybe poulan done things differntly now, but I brought one different model Poulan few years back from Walmart. 200 for a single stage and it works wonderful for the last 6 seasons in the gta snow. Best investment for my back for sure.
+1 for Poulan brand.
My 6 years old (single stage) Poulan Pro PR521 (bought for $198 from Walmart) still works without any problem, starting on first pull.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2011
1002 posts
594 upvotes
Montreal-Ouest, QC
Get an old any year Ariens for under 200$ and it will outlast the poulan x20.
Paying full price for an item is a sin. :twisted:
Jan 2, 2007
257 posts
153 upvotes
Kitchener, Ontario
I bought this model at the anniversary sale a few years ago and it's still going but I have had some problems with it.

1. It's quite large, larger than other 2 stages with the same width.
2. Fuel leaks after summer storage until the seals hydrate
3. The chute isn't held tightly into position so it will move a bit spray snow in places you don't want snow to spray.
4. Something is getting worn out as it sometimes doesn't move forward. I'm not sure if its the belts or the wire attached to the lever. I'll take a look at the end of the season.

This isn't going to be a 10 year snowblower, but for the price it isn't too pad.
Mar 12, 2009
273 posts
137 upvotes
Got that same exact Poulan model purchased at walmart couple of years ago. This is my 2nd year using it (and this year I use it quite often and I do go help neighbors with it).

It's perfectly fine for the price. I have no issues at all starting it, it starts on the first pull. Not sure what you guys are doing with to get problems but I'm in the happy camp.

I can't tell if it will last 15 years, but I don't see any issues with it for the moment.
Oct 14, 2015
380 posts
403 upvotes
Halifax, NS
I'm at my Walmart they have 24 inch 2 stage Brute 208CC electric start, B&S engine $448. Has anyone experience with these?
Images
  • upload.jpg
  • upload.jpg
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2006
1313 posts
136 upvotes
GTA
sbobcat wrote: Maybe poulan done things differntly now, but I brought one different model Poulan few years back from Walmart. 200 for a single stage and it works wonderful for the last 6 seasons in the gta snow. Best investment for my back for sure.
Also got the same deal. Worked perfectly for the 1st year then had major starting, idling and dieing issues. After doing several oil changes, carburetor cleaning, premium gas with and without stabilizer and only runs when choke is on start utI've finally got the thing to "run".

Found that this machine doesn't like having fuel left in it so now I just pour enough gas for it to run and let it run dry before parking it for the next use.

Will run this to the ground before getting a "real" one, like Toro or Honda but my Poulan mower runs amazing for the last 5 years.