Hot Deals

[Walmart] Progear 1600 Ultra Strength 800lb Weight Capacity Power Cage -- $349 + $39 shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2020 11:08 pm
[OP]
Feb 25, 2004
342 posts
269 upvotes
Montreal

[Walmart] Progear 1600 Ultra Strength 800lb Weight Capacity Power Cage -- $349 + $39 shipping

This is a decent price for a highly rated cage that's in stock. I decided to finally upgrade my half rack and grab this.
It's the exact same thing as the 810XLT that's going for $443, with the only difference being the j-hooks (better IMO).

Unfortunately there's $39 shipping, and store pickup is not an option, so the shipped price is $388 + tax.

You may notice some negative reviews saying the support bars in the back hit your head when you're racking/unracking, but all you have to do is to move the j-hooks to the inside of the front uprights.
So you'll still be squatting inside the cage, but you'll be racking/unracking your bar from the front uprights with no support bar to interfere.

•800 lbs weight capacity
•Large walk in space providing easy side to side movement
•2" x 2" square steel frame construction
•Two J-Hooks with easy lock-in design for racking/un-racking Olympic bars
•Two 23" long chrome dual mounted safety bars
•19 adjustable height levels for the safety bars
•Safety bars are compatible with 7' Olympic bars
•Multi-position over head chin up/pull up grip bars
•2 rear stability bars
•Warranty: 1 Year Limited
•Set up Dimensions: 50.4" L x 46.3" W x 83.7" H
•Set up Weight: 127.4 lbs
162 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2005
4260 posts
1143 upvotes
Good deal. It says $50 shipping for me, but it's probably location based.
signature closed for renovation
[OP]
Feb 25, 2004
342 posts
269 upvotes
Montreal
Nubby666 wrote: Shipping says 150 for me
recordman wrote: Good deal. It says $50 shipping for me, but it's probably location based.
Huh, I didn't know Walmart did that. Still shows $39 for me in Mtl.
I ordered yesterday and got notice for shipment with a carrier today. It's supposed to arrive on Sunday.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2005
4260 posts
1143 upvotes
A cage is a must-have for anyone who benches without a spotter. Before I got a cage, often I get trapped beneathe the bar.
signature closed for renovation
Dec 3, 2015
6 posts
1 upvote
Calgary, AB
I'm in for one.
I had been considering buying a bellsofsteel cage and doing a local pickup. But a highly rated cage with acceptable shipping costs is great too.

thanks Nev.
Jan 9, 2014
981 posts
790 upvotes
Edmonton
recordman wrote: A cage is a must-have for anyone who benches without a spotter. Before I got a cage, often I get trapped beneathe the bar.
Wiser words have never been spoken.
Apr 4, 2017
142 posts
99 upvotes
I was eyeing the fitness reality cage on Amazon but this looks like the same thing just rebranded and cheaper. Btw shipping was $39 for me in Edmonton. Now I need a bench, a bar, weights, and rubber mats... Thanks OP
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2012
1038 posts
794 upvotes
Any chance that cable attachments like lat pulldown and rows can be installed?
Jul 4, 2007
443 posts
370 upvotes
Pickering, Ontario
Deallionaire wrote: I was eyeing the fitness reality cage on Amazon but this looks like the same thing just rebranded and cheaper. Btw shipping was $39 for me in Edmonton. Now I need a bench, a bar, weights, and rubber mats... Thanks OP
I purchased the one from Amazon and love it. I ended up paying 501 with taxes for that. This one from Walmart is about $60 cheaper all said and done.
Ironically, I had everything else you mentioned but was just missing the cage 🤠
Dec 24, 2015
229 posts
103 upvotes
Guelph, ON
recordman wrote: A cage is a must-have for anyone who benches without a spotter. Before I got a cage, often I get trapped beneathe the bar.
Lol, I always train at max RPE of 9 so I never fail and get trapped. XD
Dec 18, 2011
91 posts
29 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Masernaut wrote: Any chance that cable attachments like lat pulldown and rows can be installed?
Was wondering the same thing. Anybody have an idea and recommendations?
Mar 19, 2016
324 posts
244 upvotes
canada
Mrrfdxyz wrote: Why not rogue
Uh you can barely get a bar for this price yet alone a rack. This looks like a decent pick up for a good price.
Mar 19, 2016
324 posts
244 upvotes
canada
mikeseto wrote: I'm in for one.
I had been considering buying a bellsofsteel cage and doing a local pickup. But a highly rated cage with acceptable shipping costs is great too.

thanks Nev.
For what it's worth I've had a BOS light commercial rack for a few years. It's awesome and I highly recommend all of their stuff. But this looks like a decent deal and it's in stock.