[Walmart] PS4 Final Fantasy VII Remake Pre-Order 64.96$

I think it's a good deal, tell me if you find a better one elsewhere
48 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2980 posts
3331 upvotes
so jealous I want a ps4 now!
but it might only be get used for that game.
Nov 1, 2009
523 posts
260 upvotes
Terrebonne
waven101 wrote: so jealous I want a ps4 now!
but it might only be get used for that game.
Don't be jealous for this game. Square Enix is known to wreck the Final Fantasy franchise one game at a time for over a decade.
If you where able to stay off the PS4 for all these years with all the great games released, you are able to wait for the PS5 release which will be backward compatible.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2980 posts
3331 upvotes
I got 3 years of xbox ultimate there is no way im getting the ps4 or ps5 :P
if I do ill get it so cheap I can just resell it at the same price when im done playing.
but ill get the next gen xbox on the day of release
I watched a lot of trailer for this game. it looks like they went back to their old turn based system except a bit of moving in the battles and that is what I want to see.
Nov 1, 2009
523 posts
260 upvotes
Terrebonne
waven101 wrote: I got 3 years of xbox ultimate there is no way im getting the ps4 or ps5 :P
You own an Xbox, then don't worry. Square Enix will make the game an exclusive then they will release an ultimate version on all platform like they did in the past.
waven101 wrote: it looks like they went back to their old turn based system except a bit of moving in the battles and that is what I want to see.
I was not looking at purchasing this game because I was under the impression it was getting an Active combat system. If it gets great review, or if I can get it for less than 60$ I might give it a chance.
Jul 6, 2017
148 posts
78 upvotes
Ontario
MereShadow wrote: I'm ready for this game to flop.
I'm a huge FF guy and I haven't really enjoyed anything since 10. I liked 12 but I was in the minority on that. I am very afraid for what they might do to this one.

Oh and it's not even the full game. They are releasing it in parts.
Nov 3, 2015
61 posts
38 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I did a preorder of this and Cyberpunk during the E3 sale, and Walmart cancelled both of them recently. Never again.
Nov 11, 2013
828 posts
846 upvotes
Calgary
Mitama wrote: I did a preorder of this and Cyberpunk during the E3 sale, and Walmart cancelled both of them recently. Never again.
Same here, not ever pre-ordering with Walmart again
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2002
4757 posts
1997 upvotes
I'm done with ordering from Walmart... I've had too many problems with easy stuff like changing a credit card.

The final straw was when my pre-order for death stranding price changed from $49.96 to $79.96 with no one knowing why and no record on their end that it was $49.96 when I ordered it. They never shipped the game but charged my credit card on release date. The Status online says In-Progress, I was charged $91.95 on November 8th and never got the game.

I called the support line and they told me the game was coming and would arrive by November 19th at the latest, but couldn't give me a tracking number. I called back on the 24th and I was told the game hasn't even shipped yet but it would soon. I asked to cancel the order and after being put on hold several times I was told it was impossible to cancel the order because their system doesn't allow it on an order older than 4 hours. I asked to be refunded the amount and then they told me they can't do that because it would mean I get the game for free because it is already processed to be shipped. They promised the game was shipping on the 25th and I'd receive it by the 29th. I didn't get any shipping notification and the online status is still In Progress. I called them again last night and asked about the credit card charge and they told me that I was charged when the game shipped. After being on hold several times he confirmed the game still hasn't shipped and was unable to tell me what the problem is. I asked again to cancel the order and get the charge refunded and he told me I was past my return date because the order was placed in June 2017. He told me that I could return the game once it arrived to any store as long as it was unopened and within 30 days of the release date. I told him I couldn't return something I don't have and isn't shipped yet.

Their service is horrible, easily the worst I've dealt with. They don't have any notes on any of my calls. I've talked to supervisors who know less than the person who started the call and basically I'm out $91.95 for something they didn't even ship but their system doesn't allow them to do anything about it.
That's 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.
Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.
Aug 8, 2019
343 posts
198 upvotes
Will wait to see how the other parts are planned to be released before getting into this one.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
1411 posts
1320 upvotes
yannakm wrote:
I was not looking at purchasing this game because I was under the impression it was getting an Active combat system. If it gets great review, or if I can get it for less than 60$ I might give it a chance.
It is an active combat system. You can also switch back to turn based if you like. Check the latest FFVII remake rumors.
Wallet safe :rolleyes:
Nov 17, 2012
132 posts
174 upvotes
Whitby, ON
NightRain wrote: I'm done with ordering from Walmart... I've had too many problems with easy stuff like changing a credit card.

The final straw was when my pre-order for death stranding price changed from $49.96 to $79.96 with no one knowing why and no record on their end that it was $49.96 when I ordered it. They never shipped the game but charged my credit card on release date. The Status online says In-Progress, I was charged $91.95 on November 8th and never got the game.

I called the support line and they told me the game was coming and would arrive by November 19th at the latest, but couldn't give me a tracking number. I called back on the 24th and I was told the game hasn't even shipped yet but it would soon. I asked to cancel the order and after being put on hold several times I was told it was impossible to cancel the order because their system doesn't allow it on an order older than 4 hours. I asked to be refunded the amount and then they told me they can't do that because it would mean I get the game for free because it is already processed to be shipped. They promised the game was shipping on the 25th and I'd receive it by the 29th. I didn't get any shipping notification and the online status is still In Progress. I called them again last night and asked about the credit card charge and they told me that I was charged when the game shipped. After being on hold several times he confirmed the game still hasn't shipped and was unable to tell me what the problem is. I asked again to cancel the order and get the charge refunded and he told me I was past my return date because the order was placed in June 2017. He told me that I could return the game once it arrived to any store as long as it was unopened and within 30 days of the release date. I told him I couldn't return something I don't have and isn't shipped yet.

Their service is horrible, easily the worst I've dealt with. They don't have any notes on any of my calls. I've talked to supervisors who know less than the person who started the call and basically I'm out $91.95 for something they didn't even ship but their system doesn't allow them to do anything about it.
Just contact your CC company they usually, in my experience, have zero tolerance for this kind of thing and do a charge back immediately. You can show that you did your due diligence in contacting Walmart when they raised the pre-paid price without authorization and have refused cancellation/refund even though nothing has been sent.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2007
1004 posts
732 upvotes
I'm going to buy this game when it's been out for a year for $20. Just watch, it pretty much always happens with PS4 games.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2010
1005 posts
303 upvotes
Might as well go through them
Since garbage ass amazon cancelled my pre order
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2004
1015 posts
819 upvotes
Flunk wrote: I'm going to buy this game when it's been out for a year for $20. Just watch, it pretty much always happens with PS4 games.
And play with the new PS5 in 4k .. the COMPLETE, ROYAL, GOTY, Greatest HITS Edition release - $20 tops ... lol

Original release was 1997 - you've waited 23-years already, what's another 1-year?
Last edited by frugal69 on Dec 3rd, 2019 11:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2002
4757 posts
1997 upvotes
matt6288 wrote: Just contact your CC company they usually, in my experience, have zero tolerance for this kind of thing and do a charge back immediately. You can show that you did your due diligence in contacting Walmart when they raised the pre-paid price without authorization and have refused cancellation/refund even though nothing has been sent.
I'm planning on doing this tonight or tomorrow. Walmart just has a horrible system. I had an order with 4 games on it. Red Dead Redemption II was charged $49.96 but the other three games changed to $79.96 without explanation. I returned Kingdom Hearts 3 and Days Gone for refunds after Walmart couldn't tell me why I was charged $79.96 or offer a partial refund to get back to $49.96. Their system couldn't see the $49.96 price. The funny thing is when I returned it to the store their system showed the $49.96 price and they wouldn't refund the $79.96, I had to call the website number from the store and get them to refund the $30 and the store refunded $49.96. The first time it took almost an hour, the second time it was easier because I knew what to say and it only took about 20 minutes but it was too much of a hassle. Then the Death Stranding part was the final straw. That whole order (expect RRII) has been a nightmare. I have Cyberpunk preorder still active but I'll never use their website to preorder again.
That's 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.
Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20732 posts
4850 upvotes
Poormond Hill
These pre-orders are coming out just a few months before E3. Unless you want to play them as soon as they are out, I will wait for E3.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.