Expired Hot Deals

Walmart

Public Mobile $0 SIM card + 1 Month Free

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 24th, 2021 2:30 pm
Oct 25, 2019
277 posts
105 upvotes
coutinho365 wrote: Can anyone who has Public Mobile currently let me know about the call clarity please.
I was going to get Lucky Mobile, but was a bit lost on facts as per which one was better in terms of good reception.
I stay in a basement, and currently with Rogers, but they are expensive. I had tried Freedom mobile and literally had no reception on most days.
Thanks
Just want to chine in to answer you. I've used lucky mobile for a bit. It's not bad. Occasional voice distortion but aside from that it's ok value for money.
For Freedom, if you're not getting reception in basement you can turn on wifi calling. You'll be A-Ok then. Lucky dors not offer that and I dont think PM does either.

Used Freedom too and had WiFi calling on. Never had an issue indoors.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1818 posts
1891 upvotes
Another advantage of Public mobile is the flexibility. With Covid, because of more wifi availability, I was able to downgrade plans since data use is lower the last six months. Able to downgrade $25 plan to $15 plan, and $40 plan to $25 plan. In the future, able to change to higher data plans when needed.
Public Mobile, Tangerine
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2005
1642 posts
1667 upvotes
Markham, ON
coutinho365 wrote: Can anyone who has Public Mobile currently let me know about the call clarity please.
I was going to get Lucky Mobile, but was a bit lost on facts as per which one was better in terms of good reception.
I stay in a basement, and currently with Rogers, but they are expensive. I had tried Freedom mobile and literally had no reception on most days.
Thanks
Public Mobile only offers 3G calling, no LTE or WiFI calling.

I have multiple family members (Markham and Northeast Scarborough) on Public and they don't have any issues.

Depending on the area you may have issues with voice on PM in-building. You'll have the same issues with Lucky.
Jun 12, 2012
35 posts
23 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
coutinho365 wrote: Thanks everyone who has answered my question above. Appreciate it.
I just have one last thing - Public vs Lucky - Who would you choose if you had an option and why.

Thanks OP as well for the deal. I'll definitely check it out.
And thanks again everyone for the info.
I agree with all the replies so far.

Both lucky and public are 3rd tiered from bell and telus, respectively . In effect, they would use the same towers but might not have all the bells and whistles (super speed, roam away from home, etc.)

The things you might want to check is international roaming if that is important to you, public has roaming addons to usa, for example.

Another difference, other than public being potentially cheaper immediately and over the long term, is that some lucky plans have unlimited data throttled to 128kbps (all except the $15 calling plan last I checked)

For text messages, lucky doesn't give received notifications.

My information might be outdated, please double check before jumping ship, good luck.
Jul 4, 2018
659 posts
513 upvotes
This looks solid. Hopefully BF will bring better offers
Put some resphek on my name!
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2822 posts
4457 upvotes
Unresphek wrote: This looks solid. Hopefully BF will bring better offers
While Public Mobile did make a bit of a holiday push last year, Public Mobile usually ignores such major shopping events.
Public Mobile client: $50 calls/texts/10.5GB
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2014
1537 posts
1693 upvotes
coutinho365 wrote: Thanks everyone who has answered my question above. Appreciate it.
I just have one last thing - Public vs Lucky - Who would you choose if you had an option and why.

Thanks OP as well for the deal. I'll definitely check it out.
And thanks again everyone for the info.
Cost is the main reason I chose PM. With AutoPay, Loyalty and some Referral brings the total cost down.
Jul 22, 2020
681 posts
108 upvotes
computergeek541 wrote: I know that you already know this, but the loyalty reward is capped at $5 per 30 days. I know you're going based on the assumption that rewards go up over time, but it's also possible to lose some rewards the longer you have an account open (specifically refer-a-friend rewards).
How does refer a friend work on this? Thinking Face
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2822 posts
4457 upvotes
GreenLean wrote: How does refer a friend work on this? Thinking Face
Don't do it by posting here as it's againt RFD rules. There is a code that every Public Mobile customer has unique to their account. When a friend signs up and used that code, both people get some type of bonus from Public Mobile. The existing customer gets a $1 discount as long as the other person stays an active csutomer. The new referred customer will get a one time $10 account credit.
Jul 22, 2020
681 posts
108 upvotes
computergeek541 wrote: Don't do it by posting here as it's againt RFD rules. There is a code that every Public Mobile customer has unique to their account. When a friend signs up and used that code, both people get some type of bonus from Public Mobile. The existing customer gets a $1 discount as long as the other person stays an active csutomer. The new referred customer will get a one time $10 account credit.
Thats nice. I guess if u have enough friends your cell service could be free at some point. Any good plans? Thinking Face
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2822 posts
4457 upvotes
GreenLean wrote: Thats nice. I guess if u have enough friends your cell service could be free at some point. Any good plans? Thinking Face
It's entirely possible but it takes a bit of work. Then again, even if you have free service, there's always a friend or family member to help out to get that plan's price reduced.

I think that most people will want to go for either the $25/1GB or $40/4.5GB plans. Both include calls and messaging.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1818 posts
1891 upvotes
GreenLean wrote: Thats nice. I guess if u have enough friends your cell service could be free at some point. Any good plans? Thinking Face
Here is the list of the plans;
All PM plans include voicemail, call forwarding, Data is 3G speeds (LTE capped to 3G)
$15 - 250 mb data, unlimited incoming, 100 minutes outgoing calls, unlimited international text
$25 1 GB data, unlimited Canada calling, unlimited international text
$35 2 .5GB data, unlimited Canada calling, unlimited international text
$40 4.5 GB data, unlimited Canada calling, unlimited international text
$45 6.5GB data, unlimited Canada calling, unlimited international text
$50 8.5 GB data, unlimited Canada calling, unlimited international text, US long distance calling

The $25 and $40 plans are the most popular plans.
Public Mobile, Tangerine
Penalty Box
Aug 25, 2019
803 posts
824 upvotes
No free SIM Card for the $100 Prepaid Plan or do they still offer that?
"You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment." — Henry David Thoreau
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2822 posts
4457 upvotes
SCOPster wrote: No free SIM Card for the $100 Prepaid Plan or do they still offer that?
Public Mobile doesn't have a $100 plan.
Dec 28, 2017
228 posts
260 upvotes
Calgary
GreenLean wrote:
How does refer a friend work on this? Thinking Face
computergeek541 wrote: Don't do it by posting here as it's againt RFD rules. There is a code that every Public Mobile customer has unique to their account. When a friend signs up and used that code, both people get some type of bonus from Public Mobile. The existing customer gets a $1 discount as long as the other person stays an active csutomer. The new referred customer will get a one time $10 account credit.
check their reddit, they have a bot set up where you can get and post referrals there
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2822 posts
4457 upvotes
Ganciel wrote: check their reddit, they have a bot set up where you can get and post referrals there
I don't believe you want to be talking about something like that here.
Jul 22, 2020
681 posts
108 upvotes
Ganciel wrote: check their reddit, they have a bot set up where you can get and post referrals there
Do you have a link plz? Still trying to figure out how to find stuff on reddit?

PM me plz
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
23577 posts
12760 upvotes
Toronto
I don't know why people want to use referrals from strangers. The best way forward is to rewards family and friends. It's this networking that helps to garner your own referrals which over time helps to bring the monthly costs down. The rewards game is a long term thing. The base plan cost doesn't change with time. Imagine being able to get just a couple of referrals a year. Combine that with loyalty reward reduces renewal cost by $3 a year. After 5 years, that's a $15 discount. I think a lot of Public Mobile customers are on the $25 plan. Imagine paying less than half price for the service. This is what makes Public Mobile attractive.
Koodo $40/6GB
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank, EQ Bank, Simplii
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2012
1084 posts
297 upvotes
TORONTO
Question, if I already have a SIM card, do I get $10 credit? Or you have to use the free SIM card they provide you? Thanks,
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2822 posts
4457 upvotes
HappyValley1 wrote: Question, if I already have a SIM card, do I get $10 credit? Or you have to use the free SIM card they provide you? Thanks,
The $10 credit for being referred is for any new account activation.

This promo for a free 30 days of service is only for activations done at Walmart.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)