Expired Hot Deals

Walmart

Public Mobile $0 SIM card + 1 Month Free

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 24th, 2021 2:30 pm
Newbie
May 12, 2017
75 posts
64 upvotes
jalaram wrote: I then asked about the free month. He said he hadn't heard of it and it must be something PM will do next month.
Did I do this wrong somehow? I still needed the card and plan, but did I mess up getting the deal?
I also went to Walmart today, and activated a new line in the store and was able to get the sim for $0 and had to pay for the first month service. I had the same issue, and there is no credit for the next month showing up on my new Public Mobile account. I also didn't receive the $10 referral bonus yet, despite giving the code at Walmart. I submitted a community ticket at Public Mobile, hopefully it gets sorted out.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 21, 2005
12980 posts
11822 upvotes
andre83 wrote: I also went to Walmart today, and activated a new line in the store and was able to get the sim for $0 and had to pay for the first month service. I had the same issue, and there is no credit for the next month showing up on my new Public Mobile account. I also didn't receive the $10 referral bonus yet, despite giving the code at Walmart. I submitted a community ticket at Public Mobile, hopefully it gets sorted out.
Refer-a-friend credit will be credited within 72 hours after activation.
Free month credit will be credited within 30 days after activation just in time before your first renewal.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $35 5GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, Zoomer $36 6GB plan,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet, $0 FPL home phone.
Newbie
Jul 13, 2006
28 posts
7 upvotes
K2c4c2
coutinho365 wrote: Can anyone who has Public Mobile currently let me know about the call clarity please.
Calls are perfect since the Bell network is used.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2831 posts
4550 upvotes
andre83 wrote: I also went to Walmart today, and activated a new line in the store and was able to get the sim for $0 and had to pay for the first month service. I had the same issue, and there is no credit for the next month showing up on my new Public Mobile account. I also didn't receive the $10 referral bonus yet, despite giving the code at Walmart. I submitted a community ticket at Public Mobile, hopefully it gets sorted out.
The first 30 days on these types of offers are never free. As to whether the retail employee had to enter a promotional code or if the credit is done automatically by Public Mobile is something the salesperson needs to know. The salesperson not knwoing anything about a flyer advertised special is inexcusable.
Public Mobile client: $50 calls/texts/10.5GB
Newbie
May 12, 2017
75 posts
64 upvotes
computergeek541 wrote: The first 30 days on these types of offers are never free. As to whether the retail employee had to enter a promotional code or if the credit is done automatically by Public Mobile is something the salesperson needs to know. The salesperson not knwoing anything about a flyer advertised special is inexcusable.
The good news is that the $25 promotional credit and the $10 referral bonus was added to my account today. So I suppose it just takes 24 hours to post and is not immediate.
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2009
1605 posts
990 upvotes
Calgary
embguy wrote: Refer-a-friend credit will be credited within 72 hours after activation.
Free month credit will be credited within 30 days after activation just in time before your first renewal.
Hey do you know if i can pick an expensive plan for the first month and get the credit then switch to a lower price plan for the second month? Thanks
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1820 posts
1892 upvotes
ibuddler wrote: Hey do you know if i can pick an expensive plan for the first month and get the credit then switch to a lower price plan for the second month? Thanks
Once you get credit, you are able to change plans.
Public Mobile, Tangerine
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
2407 posts
1953 upvotes
condo
Any free public mobile SIM cards available?
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
2966 posts
3211 upvotes
GVRD
tmonies wrote: Any free public mobile SIM cards available?
Wondering the same.

Top