• Last Updated:
  • Sep 16th, 2019 1:09 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1040 posts
843 upvotes
Bam25th wrote:
Sep 7th, 2019 12:38 pm
Can you activate in-store and choose manual payment and not pay for the plan for the time being or do you have to pay for the plan when activating the sim card? Thanks guys!
To activate, you will need to pay for first month.
Public Mobile
Tangerine
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
3150 posts
2213 upvotes
Ottawa
NavieM wrote:
Sep 6th, 2019 2:10 pm
Also iPhone 8+ is $120 on a tab medium with a $400 GC on Koodo w/ new activations
User772911 wrote:
Sep 6th, 2019 9:03 pm
@NavieM Does WM have tab m for $50 - $10 off for 12 months? Thank you
NavieM wrote:
Sep 6th, 2019 10:54 pm
Yep w/ $0 1000 international minute add on as well, along with the $35 activation fee credit
Could you please point me to the thread with the details? Thanks.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2500 posts
2907 upvotes
gumby wrote:
Sep 7th, 2019 4:53 pm
Could you please point me to the thread with the details? Thanks.
I didn't post anything this time around
Too much back and forth about the tab sucking instead of the deals lol
Koodo, Fido, Telus, Public Mobile, Virgin customer.
Jun 18, 2019
5 posts
4 upvotes
What's the total monthly price of the iPhone 8+ plan that gets you the 425$ GC? Is it just $120 upfront and $50/month? Seems too good to be true
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
3150 posts
2213 upvotes
Ottawa
NavieM wrote:
Sep 7th, 2019 5:50 pm
I didn't post anything this time around
Too much back and forth about the tab sucking instead of the deals lol
Thanks, I will sign on to this PM promo tomorrow unless I can find out more about that deal with $425 GC. I searched but couldn't find anything about that promo.
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2003
1356 posts
335 upvotes
North York
I was at Walmart Scarborough today (on Eglinton) and activated a new PM account to take advantage of the 2nd Month free $25+ plan, but I couldn't get the free SIM covered and had to pay $10. I told the girl working there (who was very efficient and was able to port my Rogers tel# immediately) that it was posted on RFD, but when she looked it up on whatever system she was using (showing all the various promotions), there was no free SIM offer showing up (and the latest one had expired Sept 3).

Is there an ad/link somewhere from Public Mobile or Walmart that confirms the free sim with new activations is still valid until Sept 18th, so that I can go back to their kiosk to get my $10 SIM fee refunded?

I checked the Walmart website and Public Mobile's website, but couldn't find it.
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2006
3109 posts
482 upvotes
royaljelly wrote:
Sep 7th, 2019 9:59 pm
I was at Walmart Scarborough today (on Eglinton) and activated a new PM account to take advantage of the 2nd Month free $25+ plan, but I couldn't get the free SIM covered and had to pay $10. I told the girl working there (who was very efficient and was able to port my Rogers tel# immediately) that it was posted on RFD, but when she looked it up on whatever system she was using (showing all the various promotions), there was no free SIM offer showing up (and the latest one had expired Sept 3).

Is there an ad/link somewhere from Public Mobile or Walmart that confirms the free sim with new activations is still valid until Sept 18th, so that I can go back to their kiosk to get my $10 SIM fee refunded?

I checked the Walmart website and Public Mobile's website, but couldn't find it.
Sucks. Wal-Mart knew about at Markville.
Dec 13, 2006
201 posts
36 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks, OP

Just went to Walmart in Richmond, BC
Got my free SIM

BU
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1040 posts
843 upvotes
royaljelly wrote:

This promo not promted by Public mobile on their website. Likely Walmart initiated promotion. Is the promo dependent on the individual Walmsrt store? Or store wide promotion? Maybe OP can comment. Others on the community forum also had to pay for Sim card this weekend.
Public Mobile
Tangerine
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2500 posts
2907 upvotes
Dunkster wrote:

This promo not promted by Public mobile on their website. Likely Walmart initiated promotion. Is the promo dependent on the individual Walmsrt store? Or store wide promotion? Maybe OP can comment. Others on the community forum also had to pay for Sim card this weekend.
It should be store wide.

The biggest reason people don’t end up getting the free sim is because the WM assocIates don’t know how to apply the promo.
Sim needs to be scanned on their computer, then the activation sku needs to be added. Once both of those are there, on the right side of the screen there’s text that says “coupons”. The rep has to click that and it’ll say “PUBLIC FREE SIM” or something similar

Free sim promo WILL NOT show up until sim and activation sku are both added
Koodo, Fido, Telus, Public Mobile, Virgin customer.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
1219 posts
1350 upvotes
royaljelly wrote:

You can try, but since the Public Mobile sim cards were never advertised as free, they don't have to do anything. If you were unhappy with the price, the easiest option would have been not to make the purchase and activate somewhere else. Unfortunately, by paying the $10, you agreed to the price.
Nov 30, 2013
61 posts
59 upvotes
NB
Saltywetguy wrote:
Sep 6th, 2019 3:18 pm
Just to let everyone know, Chat R and Lucky Mobile does have "unlimited throttled data" but on plans that are $25 and higher.
I have not verified the info, but did go to their website to review the details. The $15 plan only has 250 MB for both providers.
not quite
IMG_E2929.JPG
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2012
1712 posts
285 upvotes
Saskatoon
Do you have to pay SIM card fee if bringing phone with SIM card and want to port it ( never done porting before unsure how it works)?
Is the second month still free?
Thanks
'The rich get richer and the poor get - children.'
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
1219 posts
1350 upvotes
ukrainiandude wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 10:24 am
Do you have to pay SIM card fee if bringing phone with SIM card and want to port it ( never done porting before unsure how it works)?
Is the second month still free?
Thanks
If you're asking about Public Mobile, the promotion for 30 days of free service ended on Sunday.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

balvinderd