Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] Rain X -40C Windshield Washer De Icer 4 pk, or Weatherbeater Wiper Blades $8.88 (Nation wide) Nov 21-27

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 19th, 2019 10:44 pm
Feb 9, 2018
110 posts
407 upvotes
I use Costco windshield washer deicer, however it will leave a layer of ice in the cold winter which is annoying. Does RX deicer have same problem? Any alternative? TIA
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
3197 posts
646 upvotes
Toronto
Psychopathetic wrote: My vehicle specifically states not to use de-icers like Rain-X as it might foul up the rain sensing function
What car do you own?
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
3252 posts
1002 upvotes
So is the washer fluid good or bad? lol

Does it depend on the car you use it on?
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
1410 posts
1992 upvotes
I use Rain-X, the -40 Rain-X washer fluid, and the Rain-X Latitude wipers. All 3 are excellent. The washer fluid also helps make the rain-x window treatment last a bit longer too.

The weatherbeater wipers are not good though. Just generic blades.
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2010
1286 posts
458 upvotes
undacova wrote: What car do you own?
It's a RAM truck - from the manual - "Use of Rain-X or products containing wax or silicone
may reduce Rain Sensing performance."
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
40655 posts
6217 upvotes
hill15 wrote: I believe last year the week of Black Friday it was on sale for $7.98. It might drop to that price again.
You're right. Ya I may pick up some more. Also to those who have had issues, no issues here on all the cars we have that use the Rain X De-Icer in winter. No films, no damages to teh windshield, etc. No damages to the washer reservoir, no frozen lines, etc.

All Subaru vehicles here.

Thanks again OP! Ignore the down votes lol.
Proud to be an Indian.
59 posts
71 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote: Can we buy now and do a price adjustment on the 21st?
Definitely not with the windshield fluid if this is following the trend from previous years. The windshield fluids will most likely come in specially marked white box with a different barcode than regular version. It is NOT the same as scanning 4 jugs individually.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
52889 posts
17639 upvotes
I realized some of these washer fluids come sealed with aluminum foil while others don't.

I still have like six bottles from hoarding past few years.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
32148 posts
17998 upvotes
Ottawa
alanbrenton wrote: I realized some of these washer fluids come sealed with aluminum foil while others don't.

I still have like six bottles from hoarding past few years.
I hate the aluminum seal.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
52889 posts
17639 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: I hate the aluminum seal.
Is it not like the seal of freshness on beer and wine bottles? :)

I will only be using those with the seal during winter and use the rest the rest of the year, just to play safe unless it's actually water alone that evaporates which makes the concentration more potent.
Last edited by alanbrenton on Nov 18th, 2019 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
1410 posts
1992 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote: I still have like six bottles from hoarding past few years.
Years? During slush season here in Winnipeg, I can go through a bottle in a week. I need a storage room full of this stuff.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
52889 posts
17639 upvotes
Caerus wrote: Years? During slush season here in Winnipeg, I can go through a bottle in a week. I need a storage room full of this stuff.
I had like two dozen and haven't bought for at least the past three years. I didn't know it was that bad, I thought the extreme cold there would stop snow and ice from falling, i.e. clouds get frozen there.

Maybe an extended canopy over your windshield will be more cost effective?
Jun 14, 2017
816 posts
790 upvotes
Good deal but bad for Audi cars with fluid sensor. I had to flush my fluid tank with hot water several times to get the sensor back to normal.
Last edited by MJISGOAT on Nov 18th, 2019 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
52889 posts
17639 upvotes
Caerus wrote: Years? During slush season here in Winnipeg, I can go through a bottle in a week. I need a storage room full of this stuff.
Actually, maybe you are following the car ahead of you too closely. :)
Jul 6, 2014
98 posts
59 upvotes
Nepean, ON
MJISGOAT wrote: Good deal but bad for Audi cars with rain sensor. I had to flush my fluid tank with hot water several times to get the sensor back to normal.
You mean the windshield fluid level sensor?

If just rain sensor, probably not a big deal, between a clear windshield and the car itself can turns on wipers if it's raining, I'll choose a clear windshield.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)