Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

Rain-X Weatherbeater Wiper Blades FREE with SCOP - YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 18th, 2021 10:32 pm
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2015
7298 posts
71705 upvotes

[Walmart] Rain-X Weatherbeater Wiper Blades FREE with SCOP - YMMV

Walmart has Rain-X Weatherbeater Wiper Blades on sale for $8.97. (reg $12.97) They are scanning at $12.97 in store.

Under SCOP https://www.retailcouncil.org/scanner-p ... racy-code/ I think the wiper blades would qualify as being Free.
You would get the first one free and the second one would be $8.97. If you bought 5 different sizes, each one would be free.

Some stores might try to deduct $10.00 off the regular price of $12.97 making it $2.97.
Images
  • Screenshot (1151).png
Last edited by hill15 on Aug 14th, 2021 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
101 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2016
1693 posts
2369 upvotes
Waterloo Region
Now you've got my full attention
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
3567 posts
3194 upvotes
SCOP ain't what it used to be, and it was still challenging at many retailers.

Since they changed the rules I don't even bother with it anymore.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
2913 posts
3056 upvotes
Toronto
how are they compared to costco's michellin?
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2013
1174 posts
1556 upvotes
Calgary
These look like the ones I’ve been stocking up on at dollarama @ $4/blade. Even comes with a rain-x windshield treatment wipe.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7205 posts
9238 upvotes
The NORTH
redblack wrote: These look like the ones I’ve been stocking up on at dollarama @ $4/blade. Even comes with a rain-x windshield treatment wipe.
Yeah, I believe these are the same.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2009
2978 posts
3020 upvotes
Ottawa
Third Eye wrote: SCOP ain't what it used to be, and it was still challenging at many retailers.

Since they changed the rules I don't even bother with it anymore.
Rule change ?
Aug 18, 2013
475 posts
879 upvotes
Next door
cloak wrote: Rule change ?
Went to Peavy Mart recently and the chicken wire scanned $4 over the shelf sticker. I asked about the SCOP and the cashier knew nothing and neither did an assistant manager. Store Manager said they don’t follow it but after much discussion he gave it to me for the shelf price.

It seems only certain retailers follow the SCOP so YMMV.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7205 posts
9238 upvotes
The NORTH
cloak wrote: Rule change ?
Im not sure there was a rule change but stores are interpreting the rules differently. I tried a SCOP at Canadian Tire and was denied because the shelf label that was in front of the product had a different name, manager said that because it was something different I should have known it was the wrong price?? I had a SCOP request at RSCC denied because the paper flag for the item was a sale that had ended the day before, manager said that the flag was only valid until the date printed on the flag??

I don't even bother with SCOP anymore, the casher's NEVER know about it and think your a liar and when the manager gets involved they invent reasons to not follow the practice. Such a PITA for almost always nothing.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7205 posts
9238 upvotes
The NORTH
notunknown wrote: Went to Peavy Mart recently and the chicken wire scanned $4 over the shelf sticker. I asked about the SCOP and the cashier knew nothing and neither did an assistant manager. Store Manager said they don’t follow it but after much discussion he gave it to me for the shelf price.

It seems only certain retailers follow the SCOP so YMMV.
Of course only certain retailers follow it, its voluntary and NOT a law...

The following retailers follow the SCOP, I don't see Peavy Mart on the list, even Peavy Marts website doesn't list that they follow it...
Best Buy
Bulkley Valley Wholesale
Canadian Tire
Co-op Atlantic
Costco Wholesale Canada
Federated Co-operatives Limited
Giant Tiger Stores
The Great Atlantic and Pacific Tea Company of Canada Limited
The Groupe Jean Coutu (NB and ON only)
The Harry Watson Group
The Home Depot Canada
Home Hardware (2 Ontario stores)
Lawton Drug Stores
Loblaw Companies Limited
London Drugs
Longos Brothers Fruit Markets
Lovell Drugs
Metro Inc.
Overwaitea Foods
Pharmasave (BC stores)
PriceSmart Foods
Rona
Safeway
Save-On-Foods
Shoppers Drug Mart
Sobeys
The North West Company
Thrifty Foods
Toys”R”Us
Urban Fare
Walmart Canada
May 12, 2020
389 posts
429 upvotes
I was shocked to get a successful SCOP earlier this week when the cashier typed in the wrong plu code for some vegetables. I just said you typed in the wrong code and instead of correcting it he made me go to the store manager, so I said I get it free because it's the wrong price right? He said yes and gave it to me for free. So it never hurts to ask.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
6766 posts
2096 upvotes
EDIT: OP answered my question in his post
Last edited by Canada_7 on Aug 14th, 2021 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
6766 posts
2096 upvotes
redblack wrote: These look like the ones I’ve been stocking up on at dollarama @ $4/blade. Even comes with a rain-x windshield treatment wipe.
From a bit of googling, seems like Dollarama sad only carrying 19 and 20 inch sized ones?
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2019
1075 posts
3046 upvotes
Free under 10$ and CAD/USD at 1.00 - Those were the days...Crying Face
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7205 posts
9238 upvotes
The NORTH
Canada_7 wrote: Just so I'm understanding it correctly, if you buy a pair only the first wiper should he free under SCOP, the second one should be $8.97 then correct?
It depends on what the shelf label says. If the shelf label says $12.97 and it scans at $12.97 then there is no SCOP as you are getting it for what you thought (advertised) it was. If the shelf label says $8.97 and it scans at $12.97 then you get the first one free (under $10 is free) and the second one for $8.97 as that's the price you thought (advertised) it was.

If the shelf label says $12.97 and it scans at $12.97 and you show them the flyer, you get it at $8.97 (nothing free) because the shelf label and the scan price is the same.

It's all about what the Shelf Label says vs what the item scans at.

I am incorrect as per post 21, the flyer is included in the SCOP.
Last edited by kr0zet on Aug 14th, 2021 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
6766 posts
2096 upvotes
kr0zet wrote: It depends on what the shelf label says. If the shelf label says $12.97 and it scans at $12.97 then there is no SCOP as you are getting it for what you thought (advertised) it was. If the shelf label says $8.97 and it scans at $12.97 then you get the first one free (under $10 is free) and the second one for $8.97 as that's the price you thought (advertised) it was.

If the shelf label says $12.97 and it scans at $12.97 and you show them the flyer, you get it at $8.97 (nothing free) because the shelf label and the scan price is the same.

OK, upon reading the OP link further, is it true like if you get one 24 and one 19, if both are scanning at 12.97 both are free as they are different SKUs? And thanks for answering, though they are advertising in the flyer for 8.97 so doesn't SCOP apply anyways, regardless if instore they are displayed as 8.97 or not? Reason being they are advertised in flyer to sell at 8.97?

I think I've only ever had SCOP apply once a couple years back for a coffee maker, I pointed it out and the CSR stood there to make sure the cashier did it. Was pretty surprised and happy to see the CSR was clear and said it needed to be done accordingly.
Last edited by Canada_7 on Aug 14th, 2021 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2006
1736 posts
8092 upvotes
SCOP sure has become annoying. Last time I did it was at RCSS. The cashier verified the shelf price and tried to ring it in at that price. I said SCOP applied. She called a supervisor who was stomping around like she was on a real power-trip on her cell phone. Little people love power, so she tried to deny deny deny she even brought a print out of the SCOP rules to prove I was wrong... except when she started reading it out loud to me, like I was a dumb child that she wasn't to teach a lesson to, she immediately proved I was correct and I stopped her mid-sentence. She finally, in a huff, told the cashier, "just give it to him" and left rudely.

Pensive FacePensive FacePensive Face
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2015
7298 posts
71705 upvotes
kr0zet wrote: It depends on what the shelf label says. If the shelf label says $12.97 and it scans at $12.97 then there is no SCOP as you are getting it for what you thought (advertised) it was. If the shelf label says $8.97 and it scans at $12.97 then you get the first one free (under $10 is free) and the second one for $8.97 as that's the price you thought (advertised) it was.

That's what I thought as well until someone pointed this out to me. If it's advertised in the flyer and it scans at the shelf ticket price, SCOP still applies. A manager told me that recently.
Images
  • Screenshot_2021-08-14-09-43-37-1.png
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7205 posts
9238 upvotes
The NORTH
Canada_7 wrote: OK, upon reading the OP link further, is it true like if you get one 24 and one 19
, if both are scanning at 12.97 both are free as they are different SKUs? And thanks for answering, though they are advertising in the flyer for 8.97 so doesn't SCOP apply anyways, regardless if instore they are displayed as 8.97 or not? Reason being they are advertised in flyer to sell at 8.97?
No, SCOP applies to the displayed price in the store, it has nothing to do with a flyer price. The SCOP is to protect customers from a displayed price in the store being lower than the scanned price at the register causing a customer to pay more than the displayed price. The SCOP refers to Advertised price, this is not the same as as a store flyer. The advertised price is the price displayed in the store, either a sale sign, those big numbers on a pallet of merchandise or the label on the shelf where the merchandise is located.

I am incorrect, the flyer price is included in the SCOP as per post 21.
Last edited by kr0zet on Aug 14th, 2021 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7205 posts
9238 upvotes
The NORTH
hill15 wrote: That's what I thought as well until someone pointed this out to me. If it's advertised in the flyer and it scans at the shelf ticket price, SCOP still applies. A manager told me that recently.
First I have heard of that, where is the image from?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)