Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

RCA 10" Touchscreen Tablet with Detachable Keyboard Clearance Sale $98 ***FREE SHIPPING***

[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2005
9707 posts
1158 upvotes

[Walmart] RCA 10" Touchscreen Tablet with Detachable Keyboard Clearance Sale $98 ***FREE SHIPPING***

Firstly, don't compare it to iPad and any other major brands' tablets which cost at least double to triple+, and it is not meant for gamers Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

I think it is a pretty good tablet for kids or our general internet browsing purpose (where most people use the ipad/tablet for anyway) especially it comes with detachable keyboard.

I got one for each of our kids (under 10), they both love it and no complaint about playing games or streaming their videos on it. And I don't need to worry if they break a $100 tablet ;)

I am debating to get another for myself even I don't really need one Face With Tears Of Joy

Anyway, I assume this deal will be gone soon with the "RFD effect" as they might have limited stock for clearance as well.

Last edited by rdx on Jun 6th, 2018 9:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
40 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2004
1195 posts
291 upvotes
Whitby, ON
Thanks. Kids both have HP Touchpads that I put Android on years ago, but they are getting pretty tired. Good budget replacement.
Jul 10, 2013
68 posts
48 upvotes
Oakville
I also have one. Don’t expect much, but combine this with a monoprice (or primecables? Can’t remember) headrest mount for the car and you have a cheap video player for those long trips. Heck, at this price combine with some kid headphones and buy one for each kid.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2380 posts
1593 upvotes
Kitchener
Do you know what version of Android can be upgraded to?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2005
9707 posts
1158 upvotes
keyser-soze wrote: Do you know what version of Android can be upgraded to?
Don't completely rely on the specs shown on Walmart website as it might not be all accurate. We bought ours back in Dec. If I remember correctly, it should be 1 GB RAM (even it was listed on the website as 2GB) and 32GB ROM , and it came with Android 6.0 (but they are listing 5.0 now, and I think it is wrong).

Not sure if the Android version is upgradable. But I think Android 6.0 is pretty ok for general purpose. Believe or not, lot of those Chinese TV Boxes currently in the market are still loaded with Android 4 Face With Tears Of Joy
Jun 25, 2017
266 posts
485 upvotes
New Tecumseth
You will have better sucess with the fire tablet paired with a generic bluetooth keyboard Thumbs Up Sign
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2005
9707 posts
1158 upvotes
BestGuyEver wrote: You will have better sucess with the fire tablet paired with a generic bluetooth keyboard Thumbs Up Sign
10" with 32GB ROM and under $100 ?

I honestly don't care about the keyboard as my kids are not using it. I think most people buying this are not planning to use for professional purpose ;)
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2002
3938 posts
2915 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like the "Hipstreet" branded tablet my mom has...most likely from the same manufacturer. Ifit's the same, surpringly it doesn't feel too cheap. It's saving grace for my mom though is that it can be charged from either micro usb, or a proprietary dc-5v adapter. When she messed up the microusb port by trying to push in the cable upside down, she still had the power adapter to fall back on, fortunately. I managed to get another power adapter off eBay for her for $2 or $3 just in case she loses the other one or it stops working. Otherwise she uses it daily without issue. It's old OS but can still play her little games, FB messenger, YouTube and Netflix so it's all good.
Last edited by Fightguard on Jun 6th, 2018 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2005
9707 posts
1158 upvotes
Fightguard wrote: Looks like the "Hipstreet" branded tablet my mom has...most likely from the same manufacturer. Ifit's the same, surpringly it doesn't feel too cheap. It's saving grace for my mom though is that it can be charged from either micro usb, or a proprietary dc-5v adapter. When she messed up the microusb port by trying to push in the cable upside down, she still had the power adapter to fall back on, fortunately. I managed to get another power adapter off eBay for her for $2 or $3 just in case she loses the other one or it stops working. Otherwise she uses it daily without issue. It's old OS but can still play her little games, FB messenger, YouTube and Netflix so it's all good.
Yes, I like dual charging plugs :)
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2005
9707 posts
1158 upvotes
HailHydra wrote: 1 GB of ram warning, guys.
People raised the same concern when I posted this tablet back in December Black Friday sale. So far, I haven't seen my kids run into memory issue even they tend to leave tons of apps on at the same time, you know kids, they would keep switching different games every 5-10 mins Face With Tears Of Joy

Also, I believe most of <$200 tablets are all 1 GB RAM.

Like I always tell my friends, we just need to know what we are buying the things for what purpose. We can't buy a small compact car to save gas, and at the same time complaining it doesn't have large enough storage room like a van Winking FaceSmiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Last edited by rdx on Jun 6th, 2018 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
16824 posts
7511 upvotes
Toronto
Price is attractive but 1 GB RAM is way too low in 2018. I will have to pass.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2005
9707 posts
1158 upvotes
Kurtz7834 wrote: Price is attractive but 1 GB RAM is way too low in 2018. I will have to pass.
My kids were using it fine in 2017, I don't see they will all the sudden need more RAM in 2018 Face With Tears Of Joy

Remember we are buying this for small kids and/or general internet browsing purpose, not for work related/professional use or playing online games Winking Face

For $100, I don't mind if I need to buy a new updated one every 2-3 years Face With Tears Of Joy Thus, I don't care much if the Android version is upgradable ;)
Feb 1, 2007
861 posts
167 upvotes
Aurora
1G Ram, Android 5.0. I will pass.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
9495 posts
2371 upvotes
Can it fortnite
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 20, 2013
205 posts
104 upvotes
I have the 12.2 inch version. First, let me tell you... (rant)

I expected Android to be better optimized for budget machines by now. A tablet like this one could be on standby and still run noticeably slow on the home screen. Don't get me wrong though, I understand this tablet isn't going to run fast so I'm not blaming the hardware. I'm just not impressed with android.

Tip: disable "auto-update apps" as soon as you get it. The tablet would basically be unusable when anything is updating in the background.

I also had a problem with Zedge where it would be stuck "optimizing 1 of 1 apps" every time I reboot, so I can't even use a simple app like that one for some reason. That being said, once you've got your basic app (provided it's not Zedge) loaded up, the tablet runs it pretty smoothly. Just don't expect to be side-tabbing back and forth between apps.
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
16824 posts
7511 upvotes
Toronto
rdx wrote: My kids were using it fine in 2017, I don't see they will all the sudden need more RAM in 2018 Face With Tears Of Joy

Remember we are buying this for small kids and/or general internet browsing purpose, not for work related/professional use or playing online games Winking Face

For $100, I don't mind if I need to buy a new updated one every 2-3 years Face With Tears Of Joy Thus, I don't care much if the Android version is upgradable ;)
(Shrug) I find 1 GB Android phones to be basically unusably slow in 2018. YMMV. And I'm not a gamer, I'm just talking about Facebook, talk, text, email, basic day to day stuff.

2 GB should be a minimum even for a budget tablet like this.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2380 posts
1593 upvotes
Kitchener
Kurtz7834 wrote: (Shrug) I find 1 GB Android phones to be basically unusably slow in 2018. YMMV. And I'm not a gamer, I'm just talking about Facebook, talk, text, email, basic day to day stuff.

2 GB should be a minimum even for a budget tablet like this.
That could be the issue. FB app is a hog.