Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10534 posts
4909 upvotes
Toronto
RunnerForDeals wrote: Is this the best deal for a 55" 4K this week?
I think so, if you can pick up and transport a boxed 55" yourself. If not, ordering an RCA online at WM, for $368 shipped is probably a better option.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.
Mar 7, 2011
76 posts
54 upvotes
Langley
I'd say yes. The only one that comes close is the RCA at Walmart and you are playing the panel lottery with those ones. I've yet to personally see any of the Fluids personally with the yellow issues and have been more than impressed with the Source and their after sale support.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2006
2614 posts
1290 upvotes
Barrie
idiotcanuck wrote: I think so, if you can pick up and transport a boxed 55" yourself. If not, ordering an RCA online at WM, for $368 shipped is probably a better option.
crompyb wrote: I'd say yes. The only one that comes close is the RCA at Walmart and you are playing the panel lottery with those ones. I've yet to personally see any of the Fluids personally with the yellow issues and have been more than impressed with the Source and their after sale support.
Thanks folks...i have the means to transport so will head to a Source store tomorrow and take a look
Dec 27, 2007
21040 posts
12430 upvotes
Kitchener
If you can't wait for the first RCSS no tax event past Feb (where you can cash on all the SDM points once converted to PC points) then the Fluid is as good as it gets for BDay.
Dec 27, 2007
21040 posts
12430 upvotes
Kitchener
CCHIPSS wrote: Hope you got a C version instead of the B version.
The C in the RTU5540-C is for the C version :)
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2006
2614 posts
1290 upvotes
Barrie
aasoror wrote: If you can't wait for the first RCSS no tax event past Feb (where you can cash on all the SDM points once converted to PC points) then the Fluid is as good as it gets for BDay.
This is assuming RCSS will continue those events and assuming i want to burn my points on them!
Apr 9, 2011
12 posts
19 upvotes
Victoria
I got the 49 inch 4k Fluid TV for Christmas. I was skeptical of opening the TV to try it out since there are zero reviews and very little information on this TV.

My review so far

Information
Supports HDMI 2.2
Model 8069024
60hz
280 cd/m2
Contrast 1200:1
USB Data interface
Infrared remote

The Highlights

Great picture - On my Chinese tv box, the tv looked poor but on my computer its night and day difference from my old tv.
Decent sound
Small Bevel
4 HDMI Ports

The Cons
There is a lot(definite deal breaker for a lot of people!)
Not a Smart TV
Terrible Remote - Fragile, cheap, tiny font and a ton of useless buttons
Settings are awful - Menu is dated, looking just like my 2011 LCD TV
Very few options with even some being locked. I cannot access Advance options, Sharpness or Tint(This may only relate to my tv)
The Leg mounts are spread far apart. It does not come close to fitting on my stand. Prepare to mount it
Remote range is poor

Final thoughts - If you have a Sound Bar, TV Mount and a 4k streaming box, this is a great budget TV with better picture than RCA. Will I keep it? Yes, mostly because it was a gift!
Dec 21, 2017
260 posts
38 upvotes
Scarborough
Thats a nice to know.
Anyone knows the return policy at thesource ?
Apr 9, 2011
12 posts
19 upvotes
Victoria
JoeinCA wrote: Thats a nice to know.
Anyone knows the return policy at thesource ?
30 Days within purchase, open box accepted. If it was purchases between Nov 1st and Dec 24th, you have until Jan 31st.
May 31, 2011
74 posts
25 upvotes
Chromecast Costco 55" Haier or this 55" Fluid for Netflix/Movies? Will be connected to 5.1 sound system.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2006
6065 posts
615 upvotes
Kanata
How do you get the $25 coupon? Just register a new account with a new email?
Last edited by rivet on Dec 26th, 2017 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 7, 2011
76 posts
54 upvotes
Langley
MrDynomite wrote: I got the 49 inch 4k Fluid TV for Christmas. I was skeptical of opening the TV to try it out since there are zero reviews and very little information on this TV.

My review so far

Information
Supports HDMI 2.2
Model 8069024
60hz
280 cd/m2
Contrast 1200:1
USB Data interface
Infrared remote

The Highlights

Great picture - On my Chinese tv box, the tv looked poor but on my computer its night and day difference from my old tv.
Decent sound
Small Bevel
4 HDMI Ports

The Cons
There is a lot(definite deal breaker for a lot of people!)
Not a Smart TV
Terrible Remote - Fragile, cheap, tiny font and a ton of useless buttons
Settings are awful - Menu is dated, looking just like my 2011 LCD TV
Very few options with even some being locked. I cannot access Advance options, Sharpness or Tint(This may only relate to my tv)
The Leg mounts are spread far apart. It does not come close to fitting on my stand. Prepare to mount it
Remote range is poor

Final thoughts - If you have a Sound Bar, TV Mount and a 4k streaming box, this is a great budget TV with better picture than RCA. Will I keep it? Yes, mostly because it was a gift!
Try menu 1-1-4-7 or Menu 0-0-0-0 for service menu
rivet wrote: How do you get the $24 coupon? Just register a new account with a new email?
Yes as simple as that.
Dec 27, 2007
21040 posts
12430 upvotes
Kitchener
RunnerForDeals wrote: This is assuming RCSS will continue those events and assuming i want to burn my points on them!
RCSS events are not going anywhere, it just whether or not someone can wait.
Dec 27, 2007
21040 posts
12430 upvotes
Kitchener
rivet wrote: How do you get the $25 coupon? Just register a new account with a new email?
Yup, but the coupon wont apply on sale/discounted items.
Dec 27, 2007
21040 posts
12430 upvotes
Kitchener
MrDynomite wrote: Very few options with even some being locked. I cannot access Advance options, Sharpness or Tint(This may only relate to my tv)
Thats how they all are (Haier/RCA et al.) you should be able to change these settings (and few more related to WB and Back light) from the service menu.
Mar 7, 2011
76 posts
54 upvotes
Langley
aasoror wrote: Yup, but the coupon wont apply on sale/discounted items.
They let me in store no problem.
Dec 27, 2007
21040 posts
12430 upvotes
Kitchener
crompyb wrote: They let me in store no problem.
You lucked out, the fine print was updated and clearly says no stacking with any other discount. It's upon the cashier to enforce it because the system would allow it if (s)he keys in the code.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2006
2614 posts
1290 upvotes
Barrie
crappers, went to a store and they were sold out and now online is as well. I guess I will be looking out for the next big sale!
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2016
1485 posts
1278 upvotes
RunnerForDeals wrote: crappers, went to a store and they were sold out and now online is as well. I guess I will be looking out for the next big sale!
The 49 inch version is still available. You can apply the $25 coupon on it to bring the price down to $305.
Best shopping deals I got from here:
Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom $300, ZTE Blade V8 Pro $175, Fluld 55' 4k TV $360