Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10522 posts
4880 upvotes
Toronto
The Fluid 55" 4K is dead at $559 at The Source, $899 now, but there is still in store stock, might be possible a store with one might honor the old price, and PSP or $25 coupon. YMMV. Worth a few call, at least, if you want one.

The RCA 4K 55" at WM, is still on at $368 until 12/31 and so far there is still online stock, so free shipping is still possible.

The 65" RCA 4K is also still on with free shipping for $698 until 12/31
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/rca-65-4k- ... 0197414880
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10522 posts
4880 upvotes
Toronto
Last day today
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.
Nov 29, 2013
74 posts
89 upvotes
Vancouver
My Walmart RCA 55" has a dead pixel right in the middle of the TV. So it's going back! I'll exchange it for another one though.
I suspect that my returned TV will end up at The Big Box Outlet or some place similar!
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
18351 posts
6528 upvotes
SansPants wrote: My Walmart RCA 55" has a dead pixel right in the middle of the TV. So it's going back! I'll exchange it for another one though.
I suspect that my returned TV will end up at The Big Box Outlet or some place similar!
Big Box Outlet?
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburders eat people
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2006
1640 posts
126 upvotes
Beeton
SansPants wrote: My Walmart RCA 55" has a dead pixel right in the middle of the TV. So it's going back! I'll exchange it for another one though.
Was that a B or C version?
Nov 29, 2013
74 posts
89 upvotes
Vancouver
aZn_Popcorn wrote: Was that a B or C version?
Version C.

The Big Box Outlet is like XS Cargo, if you remember them (well, I'm sure they're the same store...).
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
18351 posts
6528 upvotes
SansPants wrote: Version C.

The Big Box Outlet is like XS Cargo, if you remember them (well, I'm sure they're the same store...).
I do remember them, your profile says your in Vancouver and afaik we don't have a store called Big Box Outlet here, probably the disconnect
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburders eat people
Jan 1, 2012
503 posts
113 upvotes
Sainte-Therese
i got the walmart RCA 55"
Recently when playing chromecast the screen flickers and makes strange noises, since this only happened when using chromecast I mistakenly assumed the issue is fault of chromecast so I ordered a new one, and lo and behold same thing happens!

Any suggestions?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10522 posts
4880 upvotes
Toronto
SaversSave wrote: i got the walmart RCA 55"
Recently when playing chromecast the screen flickers and makes strange noises, since this only happened when using chromecast I mistakenly assumed the issue is fault of chromecast so I ordered a new one, and lo and behold same thing happens!

Any suggestions?
If no other source seems to be affected, try switching the Chromecast HDMI input to another that is known to work properly. If it does the same thing, it would tend towards the Chromecast as the issue, not the TV. If not, it would tend towards that HDMI input being the prob. Then try another source on the problematic HDMI and see if it also shows issues.
If the Chromecast does show the same issue on other HDMI inputs that work fine on other devices, perhaps it could be a resolution issue? Perhaps the TV has a res that it just doesn't scale and the chromecast is set to that by default or in error, or the TV resolution has been changed or the settings lost?