Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

Removable Mounting Putty (Scotch/3M)/56.6 grams - $2.97 (instore - check website for availability)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 29th, 2020 3:36 am
Tags:
7 replies
Nov 14, 2012
954 posts
525 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Is this good at holding a picture frame?
I don't want to put nails in the wall.

Thanks.
Sep 29, 2002
416 posts
218 upvotes
Toronto
As per the back of the package "light weight artwork", so think of this as a stronger tape. Probably won't hold a frame too long.
chocobodavid wrote: Is this good at holding a picture frame?

Thanks.
Heatware: sandrasagra :D

FS [TORONTO ONLY] - PMBOK 4TH EDITION $50
Deal Fanatic
Jun 4, 2012
5029 posts
4469 upvotes
you can get knock off of this at Dollarama for $1

not sure of weight but works well for light purposes

usually located in office supplies section of store
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
2591 posts
1410 upvotes
Toronto

Thanks.
The most you'll likely be able to hold up is that bristol board Dollarama sells. Anything heavier, probably need the command strips.
[OP]
Banned
Oct 10, 2020
1037 posts
619 upvotes

Thanks.

Should be fine with "1lb" frames like these from Ikea ( up to 30x40cm ) ... https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/cat/picture- ... mes-18746/

It also depends how many thumb size putties are used. If four hold 1 lb, 8 should hold 2 lbs for example. This mounting putty is also rated for " 1lb " but it can support a person if enough of it is applied ...

Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
2591 posts
1410 upvotes
Toronto
You also have to watch out for humidity. They dry up and not worth the risk of frames falling. Just from my experience. I had bought 3-4 brands of "putty" and even the bristol board fell off eventually after a few weeks.
[OP]
Banned
Oct 10, 2020
1037 posts
619 upvotes
esq05 wrote: You also have to watch out for humidity. They dry up and not worth the risk of frames falling. Just from my experience. I had bought 3-4 brands of "putty" and even the bristol board fell off eventually after a few weeks.
Possibly because of "wicking". Maybe the reason why some reviewers complain about the putties leaving stains on the wall. Plastic, metal and glossy materials should work well/better with most putties.

wicking ...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)