Hot Deals

Walmart Black Friday

Royal Elite White Down Duvet King Size $99

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 25th, 2022 12:03 am
[OP]
Sr. Member
Jan 12, 2017
698 posts
2074 upvotes

[Walmart] [Black Friday] Royal Elite White Down Duvet King Size $99

Back in stock. Solid reviews. Only King Size is $99.
White down duvet 550+ fill power 233 thread count, cotton shell 4-way baffle box construction Double stitching with white piping Hypoallergenic Available in 4 sizes
Made in Canada Sizes and weights:
King - 102" x 88" - 30 oz
29 replies
Newbie
User avatar
Dec 1, 2011
88 posts
245 upvotes
AB
2% off gift card purchase with Moola app and 1% cash back with Rakuten and 1% Honey Gold.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 1, 2007
1939 posts
804 upvotes
Do people really want bird feathers in their blankets??
Member
Apr 19, 2012
309 posts
72 upvotes
Brampton
BowenZ50772 wrote: it's not feathers, it's down Slightly Smiling FaceOk Hand Sign
The down of birds is a layer of fine feathers found under the tougher exterior feathers. Very young birds are clad only in down. Powder down is a specialized type of down found only in a few groups of birds.

Source: Wikipedia
Jr. Member
Mar 26, 2015
171 posts
182 upvotes
Guelph, ON
Good deal, not sure if its warm enough for my house though. I just googled, and they say for cold weather, aim for 600 to 800 fill. So this one probably is more of an "all season" duvet, but I am no expert.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2005
2081 posts
263 upvotes
Markham, ON
dabbles wrote: Good deal, not sure if its warm enough for my house though. I just googled, and they say for cold weather, aim for 600 to 800 fill. So this one probably is more of an "all season" duvet, but I am no expert.
To understand how warm the duvet feels, need to consider the loft (fill power), and the fill weight. A lower loft, will require more fill weight to achieve the same warmth as a higher loft and lower fill weight.

I don't see a rating on Royal Elite listing for the fill weight unfortunately, hard to determine whether this is suitable for colder homes.

I found the information on Canadian down and feather (https://www.canadiandownandfeather.com) very helpful when shopping for my down duvet.
Last edited by DaLurker on Nov 22nd, 2022 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jr. Member
Nov 24, 2009
122 posts
131 upvotes
GTA
Looked good to me but my wife says no as it is Dry Clean Only.
Sr. Member
Nov 27, 2006
767 posts
392 upvotes
Toronto
According to the link that @DaLurker sent over (https://www.canadiandownandfeather.com/ ... at-is-loft), you should never machine wash down since it'll make the down all clumpy.

Also, @DaLurker, if you click the Features tab of the manufacture product page for this product (https://maholi.com/ca/royal-elite-white ... duvet.html), it says that fill weight for the King-sized summer weight duvet is 29 oz. I received my order today and the packaging says fill weight is 30 oz.

So this King-sized duvet contains 30 oz of 650 loft down/fill power which, according to the link seems like a pretty solid product. However, the Q&A on that product page says that it's only filled with 75% duck down and the rest is feather...

I'm just doing my research now because I'm very torn on whether to keep it or return.
Newbie
Jun 27, 2019
48 posts
18 upvotes
how does this compare to the casper down duvet? Recently bought that one with the 25% off posted here
Member
Mar 5, 2013
421 posts
500 upvotes
Kitchener
Thanks OP. Hesitated on buying it the first time around and missed out, glad to see it restocked. Picked one up.
Sr. Member
Nov 27, 2006
767 posts
392 upvotes
Toronto
megacharizardfire wrote: how does this compare to the casper down duvet? Recently bought that one with the 25% off posted here
Hard to compare because Casper doesn't publish what the actual weight of their midweight/lightweight duvets are (generally lightweight would be around 29 oz and midweight would be around 35 oz). They also don't publish what the thread count is for the cotton (lower threadcount = noisier duvet). If you want to ask their customer service team for that information, then you can compare more accurately.

Their loft/fill power is 600 so slightly worse than this one from Walmart/Maholi (although if the Casper weight was heavier, that would make up for the lower fill power).
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2005
2081 posts
263 upvotes
Markham, ON
rebjorne wrote: According to the link that @DaLurker sent over (https://www.canadiandownandfeather.com/ ... at-is-loft), you should never machine wash down since it'll make the down all clumpy.

Also, @DaLurker, if you click the Features tab of the manufacture product page for this product (https://maholi.com/ca/royal-elite-white ... duvet.html), it says that fill weight for the King-sized summer weight duvet is 29 oz. I received my order today and the packaging says fill weight is 30 oz.

So this King-sized duvet contains 30 oz of 650 loft down/fill power which, according to the link seems like a pretty solid product. However, the Q&A on that product page says that it's only filled with 75% duck down and the rest is feather...

I'm just doing my research now because I'm very torn on whether to keep it or return.
Thanks for sharing, really helpful information.

I currently have a 625 loft, 27oz fill king equivalent summer weight duvet from Canadian Down and Feather, and it’s been great for me throughout the year. In winter my room is 21-22 degrees C, and summer goes up to 23-24 degrees C. I tend to be a warm sleeper to start, and cool down through the night. My wife has a similar duvet, and she starts sleeping cool, and warms up through the night.

When I shopped for this duvet, I focused on a summer weight duvet and using it throughout the year. I was concerned about buying an all season, or winter weight because I don’t sleep well when I’m hot.

I used this guide to help me understand the different weight options: https://www.canadiandownandfeather.com/ ... vet-warmth
Not sure which weight is best for you? Here are our suggestions:

Summer Weight
Are you warm at night? No sweat!
- For those who sleep in warm temperatures
- For those with warm body temperatures
Regular Weight
Not too hot or too cold. This one’s for you, Goldilocks!
- For those who sleep in moderate room temperatures
- For those with moderate body temperatures
All Season Weight
The perfect companion for chilly sleepers.
- For those who sleep in cool temperatures
- For those with cool body temperatures
Winter Weight
Show those harsh winter nights who’s boss!
- For those who sleep in cold temperatures
- For those with cold body temperatures
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 15, 2008
3397 posts
3138 upvotes
Victoria
DaLurker wrote: In winter my room is 21-22 degrees C
Does it stay at that temperature throughout the night? If so, that's really warm for sleeping.
Jr. Member
Nov 14, 2007
117 posts
148 upvotes
did some research. king size duvets averagely have 50 oz fill. but this one only has 30 oz. so it's not ganna be very warm.
Sr. Member
Dec 25, 2012
887 posts
850 upvotes
Kingston
HugsNotDrugs wrote: Do people really want bird feathers in their blankets??
BowenZ50772 wrote: it's not feathers, it's down Slightly Smiling FaceOk Hand Sign
Yea exactly, and you better believe we want that in our blankets, and coats for that matter.
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 11, 2004
3542 posts
2049 upvotes
Airdrie
rebjorne wrote: this King-sized duvet contains 30 oz of 650 loft down/fill power
rebjorne wrote: Casper...their loft/fill power is 600 so slightly worse than this one from Walmart/Maholi
?? Walmart indicates 550+ fill power, company website shows 600+

This is a unquestionably a good deal but I'll throw out that Costco in-store has 98x108" (significantly larger) 500 thread count 650 fill for $160. Our current duvet doesn't fill our cover completely so someone (usually me :rolleyes: ) ends up under a cover with no filling. Yeah, it's 60% more. but still relatively inexpensive.

Edit: $165 online. No spec on fill weight. https://www.costco.ca/hotel-grand-white ... 31504.html
"Success is the happy feeling you get between the time you do something and the time you tell a woman what you did." -Dilbert
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 15, 2008
3397 posts
3138 upvotes
Victoria
jdewit wrote: This is a unquestionably a good deal but I'll throw out that Costco in-store has 98x108" (significantly larger) 500 thread count 650 fill for $160. Our current duvet doesn't fill our cover completely so someone (usually me :rolleyes: ) ends up under a cover with no filling.
Wanna trade? Our Royal Elite wool duvet from Costco is bigger than our cover, so it gets all bunched on one side.
Deal Addict
May 28, 2011
1288 posts
1490 upvotes
cooper83 wrote: Does it stay at that temperature throughout the night? If so, that's really warm for sleeping.
Lol and here I am with my temperature set to 25C for the night.

Top