Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] Royal Purple Full Synthetic $19/4.73L [YMMV]

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 17th, 2020 8:12 pm
Mar 14, 2006
437 posts
88 upvotes
Vancouver
I've been using RP on my VQ35DE for a good 12 years now, Originally was using Mobil 1 5W30 when I first got the car then forums swayed me to German Castrol 0W30 for a few years then saw RP 5W30 on sale down in the states and bought some and been using it ever since. No issues with the engine after 15 years, can't say the same for the rest of it as it gets older and older.

First time I've seen it cheap here in Canada, always had to just hop across the border to pick up some.
Dec 16, 2015
133 posts
139 upvotes
Sundre, AB
FYI penzoil platitum and Mobil 1 are on sale at crappy Tire this week. At least in my neck of the woods and the weights I use. Didn't check other. But 5L PP was 32.99
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2005
1724 posts
242 upvotes
BC
even though i bought this ..
i still feel costco kirkland synthetic is still the best deal.. 2 x 4.73 for $35 , all weights. only had 0w20 and 5w20 last i checked.
Oct 26, 2007
303 posts
176 upvotes
Good deal but it's not HPS which is RP's top of the line.
Apr 9, 2019
36 posts
27 upvotes
I picked up the remaining 5w20 at my local Walmart. Just enough for 1 oil change. I'll test it at the lab and post the reference data here for anyone's interest in a few days.
Feb 13, 2019
158 posts
53 upvotes
battleponcho wrote: I picked up the remaining 5w20 at my local Walmart. Just enough for 1 oil change. I'll test it at the lab and post the reference data here for anyone's interest in a few days.
Used to Drive Sprint Cars Open Wheel Used Redline Oil Curious to see the results
Apr 9, 2019
36 posts
27 upvotes
Programmer97 wrote: Used to Drive Sprint Cars Open Wheel Used Redline Oil Curious to see the results
Me too. Anything in particular you are interested in for the results?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2003
7288 posts
427 upvotes
Port Moody
Did not care for it being dark purple, at least in 2 wheel applications. Currently using Lucas and after a full engine flush I am just passing 4000km on 10w40 in a ZX-9R and this oil is still clear in sight window but starting to discolour and turn more dark gold. I like ability to see the natural colour. Don't need a dye added. For bike oil average

OP's post price is attractive though:)
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
34616 posts
4082 upvotes
Winnipeg
oldsnail wrote: even though i bought this ..
i still feel costco kirkland synthetic is still the best deal.. 2 x 4.73 for $35 , all weights. only had 0w20 and 5w20 last i checked.
is there kirkland brand oil filters or just use any synthetic oil filter?
Dec 25, 2007
422 posts
261 upvotes
CALGARY
divx wrote: is there kirkland brand oil filters or just use any synthetic oil filter?
Should use a Fram Tough Guard filter if your application was on sale at WM as well. Fram gets tons of shade, but their TG/XG Series filters are well regarded. They have a nice filter media and good efficiency
Dec 17, 2014
62 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto, ON
5W-20. 4 in stock at Walmart - Brampton (N) Supercentre
50 Quarry Edge Drive Brampton, ON
at this moment
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
What the eyes do not see, heart never grieves for!
Jan 31, 2020
185 posts
333 upvotes
jaypreet wrote: 5W-20. 4 in stock at Walmart - Brampton (N) Supercentre
50 Quarry Edge Drive Brampton, ON
at this moment
0W-20 is such a b*tch to find. Wasted gas driving out to a few Walmart's which had it in stock per stocktrack but there was not a trace.

In one instance, there were supposed to be 10 in stock and the Walmart employee even checked the back to no avail.

If anyone sees it at this price please message me. Thx.
"I go for the jugular" - Kobe Bryant
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
15324 posts
8202 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
MAMBAMENTALITY wrote: 0W-20 is such a b*tch to find. Wasted gas driving out to a few Walmart's which had it in stock per stocktrack but there was not a trace.

In one instance, there were supposed to be 10 in stock and the Walmart employee even checked the back to no avail.

If anyone sees it at this price please message me. Thx.
I've found tnat some Walmarts quickly move their clearance products to a clearance section (normally within the same department area but away from the regular priced stuff). I was looking for some Fram TG filters at one store (showed 6 in stock but had none on the shelf) and found a bottle of 0w-20 sitting in their clearance section along with some battery chargers and other stuff.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
5555 posts
3491 upvotes
M-Arkham
if I didn't already stocked up on the penzoil plat 0w-20, I would love to get my hand on some royal purp just for crap n giggle
1x Zoomer $45 for 7GB ,unlimited can wide talk n unlimited txt
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide txt/talk small plan(+3GB bonus )
1x Fido $45 for 4Gb w/ unlimited Canada wide n 1000 int min + LG velvet 5G
Apr 9, 2019
36 posts
27 upvotes
Royal Purple 5W20
Here are the results from a fresh sample of 5w20. The quart bottle was shaken for 15mins before a sample was taken for best representation. I was expecting a higher VI number. Enjoy!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)