• Last Updated:
  • Feb 21st, 2019 2:23 pm
[OP]
Jun 20, 2009
53 posts
9 upvotes
Canada

[Walmart] Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7" (2016) - $109.99

Pretty hot deal for a cheap tablet, don't expect too much from it. Works well as a media player, for kids or whatever.

Same deals at Bestbuy and Amazon now.
Bestbuy
Amazon (only white with PRIME)

Review
Last edited by Rawrchu on Feb 20th, 2019 3:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
19 replies
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
1867 posts
1404 upvotes
SAINT JOHN

Keep in mind the battery replacement down the road. Assuming this model does not have the rat trap glue then replacement is pretty easy and I prefer it that way instead of the glued down battery. If battery shift is an issue then use something as a buffer like folded paper towel or rubber band or thin foam. Wished companies would not glue down thier batteries or solder them down. This model appears to have an easy on/off connector to make repairs easy down the road.
...Location: GTA North

If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.

GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread

[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100). Please let me know if you have one for sale. Willing to part trade stuff or labour.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
15380 posts
4654 upvotes
thedealhunter2000 wrote:
Feb 20th, 2019 6:42 am
Keep in mind the battery replacement down the road. Assuming this model does not have the rat trap glue then replacement is pretty easy and I prefer it that way instead of the glued down battery. If battery shift is an issue then use something as a buffer like folded paper towel or rubber band or thin foam. Wished companies would not glue down thier batteries or solder them down. This model appears to have an easy on/off connector to make repairs easy down the road.
At that point the device might as well be replaced, though i usually charge to 80% so i get years out of the batteries. My Nexus 4 still has 80% battery life but has software problems that don't seem to be fixable.
Also are you still looking for that netbook mentioned in your signature?
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Dec 24, 2017
317 posts
534 upvotes
lel
Hi OP. You mention a 45% discount in the thread but I can't find that info on the Walmart site. Where did you get that from?

Also, I would be appreciative if the downvoters could also share their opinions to help us decide about this tablet.
Koodo $45 - 4GB +1GB bonus (retention deal). S9 for $360-150 GC
Good toilet paper/paper towel deals
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
1673 posts
621 upvotes
GTA
Pingalino wrote:
Feb 20th, 2019 7:13 am
Hi OP. You mention a 45% discount in the thread but I can't find that info on the Walmart site. Where did you get that from?

Also, I would be appreciative if the downvoters could also share their opinions to help us decide about this tablet.
Reasons for the downvote is most likely Specs.

1280 x 800 screen
8GB internal Memory
1.5GB RAM
No MHL
Jun 17, 2013
370 posts
109 upvotes
My kids have used these for a couple years. They are great for loading a bunch of movies on an SD card. The main issue is that with 8gb, it constantly runs out of space after installing very few apps, so you have to keep deleting stuff. It was easy to root though. We have recently replaced these tablets, due to the space issue.
[OP]
Jun 20, 2009
53 posts
9 upvotes
Canada
Pingalino wrote:
Feb 20th, 2019 7:13 am

https://stocktrack.ca/?s=wm&upc=88727614957
[OP]
Jun 20, 2009
53 posts
9 upvotes
Canada
Updated; Best Buy and Amazon also at 109
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
1853 posts
983 upvotes
montreal
8GB is definitively way too low ... and requires constant space management.
Even for kids...
Also, 1GB RAM, is also low.

I was looking at those devices, but ended up getting the Fire8 for the kids (16GB, 1.5GB).
Lots of Amazon bloatware, but for the kids.... it's perfect.
Mar 10, 2017
84 posts
45 upvotes
I had to use this exact model for data collection in my old job. It ran fine, but when I attempted to play a few games, it became quite slow. Also, not enough space unfortunately.
Sometimes the truth isn't good enough, sometimes people deserve more
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
6145 posts
1930 upvotes
Toronto
superbigjay wrote:
Feb 20th, 2019 9:19 am
8GB is definitively way too low ... and requires constant space management.
Even for kids...
Also, 1GB RAM, is also low.

I was looking at those devices, but ended up getting the Fire8 for the kids (16GB, 1.5GB).
Lots of Amazon bloatware, but for the kids.... it's perfect.
Yup only has slightly better specs than the Fire 7, might as well get a Fire 8 for the price. 8GB is very limiting considering the OS will take up more than half.
Mar 7, 2011
226 posts
61 upvotes
Vernon
I bought this for my senior mother to watch movies with.
I added 128g more memory ($29 at Costco) and it works well enough.
she can check email too so it's perfect for her.

originally I purchased it at London drugs for $149 but since I'm an LD extra member I went and price matched it with their 30 day price guarantee and saved $45.
I was on day 29 whew.

thank you OP, I know this thread isn't very popular but I'd give you a hundred upvotes if I could!
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
19983 posts
6128 upvotes
I'd take the $110 and throw it towards a Chinese tablet.