Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

Samsung Gear Sport Smartwatch Black - Best price anywhere

Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2005
1476 posts
473 upvotes
Halifax
m7cky wrote: I get really confused, is this model compatible with Samsung Pay?
It does. Very good watch, i've had mine for a year. Battery probably lasts a day and a half. Looks decent with a nice band. I like the Galaxy watch, but still kind of expensive.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1942 posts
3072 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Redscott wrote: a year ago I would of certainly clicked buy. I have a few daily charge smart watches. Thanks to RFD I was introduced to AmazeFit bip. It's been perfect now for 8 months and charge lasting every 30- 45 days. I never really take it off. I can't go back to taking off and putting on watches daily to charge them overnight. $60 says it all.
^ 100% agree with this. The bip is such a nice watch. Sure it may not have all the bells and whistles or the best screen but it has the important features that I actually use (notifications, always on screen, HRM, GPS, step counter). The best part is never having to think about the battery.
SamG852 wrote: Where do you find one of these for $60?
I got mine on ebay and used one of those $10 off coupons that kept popping up. But you can also find it on sale randomly on gear.best or geek buyin. Prices fluctuate so keep looking
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3158 posts
6406 upvotes
lifeisfuneh wrote: And if you use in your region :)
Guess I've turned into the typical Ontarian who thinks the rest of the world lives here too
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2008
1992 posts
461 upvotes
I have this watch. Yes it has Samsung pay. I bought it to use in the pool - not all smartwatches can do it. Certainly great deal at the price. The new watch is not necessarily better and the Canadian pricing sucks (300 vs 200us). Its the right size at 42mm for me. GPS works great for hiking. The only bad thing is battery life but I hear conflicting info about improvements in the new model.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
4206 posts
1749 upvotes
Montreal
ysl5710 wrote: Can you turn off the GPS on this device to save battery?

The source using EPP program still shows the same price.

Wish wall mart had the option to pay later when doing pickup.
Yes, you can turn off GPS and other things to save battery. In fact it has a low battery mode that it will auto prompt you to go to if the battery gets low.

Other good things about this watch is that it now has a native Strava app (for those who use Strava to record their runs/rides this is a very nice feature).
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
1743 posts
1521 upvotes
St Catharines
seafish wrote: $168 at Visions (blue only)
How about $98 for Samsung Gear Fit 2 Pro? or even $93 at the source with PSP if you can find stock
Great price, but this product apparently has issues with its waterproof capabilities when swimming, and Samsung does not like to warranty it for water damage, even though their marketing materials say you can swim with it.
Dec 7, 2016
270 posts
237 upvotes
Vancouver
injust wrote: Also available for $158.09 at The Source if you can find inventory in-store.
Picked it the last one from the Source here in downtown Halifax. Cheers :)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5654 posts
2050 upvotes
GT!! wrote: Yes, you can turn off GPS and other things to save battery. In fact it has a low battery mode that it will auto prompt you to go to if the battery gets low.

Other good things about this watch is that it now has a native Strava app (for those who use Strava to record their runs/rides this is a very nice feature).
Even with GPS off, I never got more than a day and a half of battery out of this thing. And whenever it would go into power save mode (the black and white mode), it would never come out of it and I would have to reset the damn thing. So then I had to disable the power save mode, which resulted in me having to circle back to charging every day and a half.

I'm also not impressed with the selection of apps for Tizen. I don't know if things have improved since I last used my watch six months ago, but it was a bit of a downer. In the research I did before buying it, people from a year and two years before kept saying the app selection will improve for Tizen. It never did.

I loved that it was waterproof though, and the display is fantastic, as well as the use of the bezel. Nothing tops that bezel for scrolling through your apps.
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Jul 2, 2018
93 posts
114 upvotes
I got the galaxy watch active, should I return it and buy this one instead?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
5582 posts
2441 upvotes
Samsung should stop pushing Bixby and Tizen they both SUCK!
Not even Google pay available on it.
They can keep it even @ $60
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2018
1393 posts
1496 upvotes
Looks cool but battery life kills it for me, no thanks. Still a decent price if you are in the market!

Still rocking Pebble Time Steel and charging it once every 5-7 days.
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2004
1062 posts
38 upvotes
Hey everyone, just wanted to chime in. I bought one of these open box from Best Buy a few months ago. It's my first smart watch and I've been satisfied with the experience so far.

The battery lasts a day an a half without turning everything off (though always on feature is off). The one gripe I do have is, the heart rate sensor seems to have problems when sweating. After doing exercises and attempting to check heart rate, i often receive a message on the watch telling me to clean the sensor.

Other than that, I'm happy with it.

Oh and I paid $169
Nov 22, 2011
372 posts
304 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Price in title would be nice.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
3108 posts
3603 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Samsung gear s3 frontier is 299.99 at thesource and bestbuy. Is that worth getting over the gear sport at 169.99?

Or is the gear s3 frontier not a good watch either?
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
4206 posts
1749 upvotes
Montreal
junglemage666 wrote: Samsung gear s3 frontier is 299.99 at thesource and bestbuy. Is that worth getting over the gear sport at 169.99?

Or is the gear s3 frontier not a good watch either?
s3 Frontier is not waterproof … that was a deal-breaker for me. I know someone posted earlier that there are issues with the Gear Sport's waterproofing while swimming, but I've had it for a year now and have never taken it off to go swimming (I have an inground pool and swim almost every day in the summer months and dive to the bottom of the deep end every time). Also the first I've heard of that being an issue …
Edit: oh, and in case nobody noticed, the Gear Sport is MIL-STD-810G compliant (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIL-STD-810), which is some indication of the quality.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2008
1992 posts
461 upvotes
I don't think GPS is on at all, unless you explicitly turn on an activity that uses it, such as biking or hiking. Even when it detects an activity by itself, it doesn't seem to track GPS unless explicitly tell it to do so. E.g. when I go biking and forget to turn it on, it would correctly show biking afterwards - but with start/end times of course incorrect and no map showing where you went. It would destroy battery much faster than it does otherwise. They did have an OS update a few months ago that improved responsiveness and switching from/to low power mode.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2008
1992 posts
461 upvotes
GT!! wrote: s3 Frontier is not waterproof … that was a deal-breaker for me. I know someone posted earlier that there are issues with the Gear Sport's waterproofing while swimming, but I've had it for a year now and have never taken it off to go swimming (I have an inground pool and swim almost every day in the summer months and dive to the bottom of the deep end every time). Also the first I've heard of that being an issue …
Edit: oh, and in case nobody noticed, the Gear Sport is MIL-STD-810G compliant (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIL-STD-810), which is some indication of the quality.
I swim twice a week about 800m and I had the watch since summer. No problems in water whatsoever. Heartbeat is not always tracked correctly but that's the case out of the water and for many other watches so nothing special about that.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
3108 posts
3603 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
aos007 wrote: I swim twice a week about 800m and I had the watch since summer. No problems in water whatsoever. Heartbeat is not always tracked correctly but that's the case out of the water and for many other watches so nothing special about that.
So other than waterproofing, is the s3 frontier worth the $130 extra over the sport?

I care more about looks, battery life and quality