[Walmart] Samsung TV $99 Extreme YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 13th, 2021 8:05 am
[OP]
Nov 23, 2014
53 posts
46 upvotes

[Walmart] Samsung TV $99 Extreme YMMV

Asking if anyone have experience with these huge discount pricing. My local store told me that is the display model.
100 replies
Dec 15, 2019
519 posts
1577 upvotes
Markham
wow, good luck finding them using stocktrack,
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1313 posts
1539 upvotes
This is expensive. 2¢ is ridiculously priced.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
4147 posts
1712 upvotes
Closest WM to me has one on stocktrack, probably display or phantom stock
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
2834 posts
1586 upvotes
Mississauga
Running behind Walmart deals like these only results in losses. You lose time, and gas.
Aug 18, 2017
25 posts
28 upvotes
I've worked in electronics at WalMart a few years ago. Yes, there can be HUGE discounts on display models. This for us was up to the lead electronics associate. For us, she depended the reduction on how long the tv was on the wall, if there are missing pieces, if there is any cosmetic damage, etc. We never had any go that cheap but hey, that's great, get it. Keep in mind though that TVs get turned on when morning shift starts and turned off at the end of the PM shift. That's a lot of accumulated hours on for the display. $100 though is worth it depending on the tv.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2005
1860 posts
846 upvotes
Scarborough
could be display/returns/phantom stock. doubt they would even find it.
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
4142 posts
1448 upvotes
thephilonline wrote: I've worked in electronics at WalMart a few years ago. Yes, there can be HUGE discounts on display models. This for us was up to the lead electronics associate. For us, she depended the reduction on how long the tv was on the wall, if there are missing pieces, if there is any cosmetic damage, etc. We never had any go that cheap but hey, that's great, get it. Keep in mind though that TVs get turned on when morning shift starts and turned off at the end of the PM shift. That's a lot of accumulated hours on for the display. $100 though is worth it depending on the tv.
could Samsung's warranty apply in this case and could we get a brand new one if that fails?
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1672 posts
4243 upvotes
JadenLiu wrote: Asking if anyone have experience with these huge discount pricing. My local store told me that is the display model.
You're too late posting about this deal. A lot if not most Walmart locations started reducing these TV's to $99 on Monday November 2nd. Clearance deals like these you got to rush to the store as soon as the price drops.

I personally got lucky and bought 2 brand new in box units for $99 each on Monday.

See pics for proof! :)
Images
  • 20201106_180306.jpg
  • 20201102_165114.jpg
Sep 29, 2013
36 posts
38 upvotes
St. Catharines
Lol I got this tv last week because of stock trash :)
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
20030 posts
6064 upvotes
Saw that price earlier in the week but didn't comment as it was showing no stock anywhere near me. Good luck finding one though...
Jul 28, 2008
840 posts
218 upvotes
Toronto
oj777 wrote: You're too late posting about this deal. A lot if not most Walmart locations started reducing these TV's to $99 on Monday November 2nd. Clearance deals like these you got to rush to the store as soon as the price drops.

I personally got lucky and bought 2 brand new in box units for $99 each on Monday.

How do you keep an eye on the price dropping to clearance levels? Just manually check regularly?
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3538 posts
1623 upvotes
Ottawa
JakeD026 wrote: Lol I got this tv last week because of stock trash :)
Eh? What's that?
Apr 18, 2017
60 posts
34 upvotes
oj777 wrote: You're too late posting about this deal. A lot if not most Walmart locations started reducing these TV's to $99 on Monday November 2nd. Clearance deals like these you got to rush to the store as soon as the price drops.

wow nice, crazy stuff. how were you able to find the deal in the first place?
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1672 posts
4243 upvotes
Phokus wrote: How do you keep an eye on the price dropping to clearance levels? Just manually check regularly?
shylok wrote: Eh? What's that?
aceman01 wrote: wow nice, crazy stuff. how were you able to find the deal in the first place?
I check Stocktrack almost daily.

https://stocktrack.ca/

Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't.
Last edited by oj777 on Nov 6th, 2020 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
4030 posts
1878 upvotes
BC
JakeD026 wrote: Lol I got this tv last week because of stock trash :)
So then you just leach the RFDeals but never pay it back?
[OP]
Nov 23, 2014
53 posts
46 upvotes
Very good. At least this confirmed this is real. Yea, I notice this during the week but hesitate to look around.
[OP]
Nov 23, 2014
53 posts
46 upvotes

Very good. At least this confirmed this is real. Yea, I notice this during the week but hesitate to look around.