• Last Updated:
  • May 14th, 2022 8:59 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2008
3365 posts
1406 upvotes
Ottawa
iLiedAboutMyAge wrote: Why's this SSD packaged like you'd find it in Dollarama
It's to highlight how budget tier this SSD is Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Feb 28, 2021
204 posts
354 upvotes
Akitakara wrote: It's to highlight how budget tier this SSD is Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
And yet at $80 the value is very high.

One goes in my console and In an older laptop. Game changing for the price
May 5, 2009
325 posts
46 upvotes
Mephod wrote: And yet at $80 the value is very high.

One goes in my console and In an older laptop. Game changing for the price
What console can you use this with?
Feb 28, 2021
204 posts
354 upvotes
freshane wrote:
What console can you use this with?

The best bang for you buck is last gen. Xbox one x as well as ps4. Even the base models. But the upgraded ones (one x and ps4 pro) see an immense benefit. Load times less than half, interface is smooth as butter. I’ve done the ssds already in them and it’s such a game changer

You can also put them in a ps3 or modded x Xbox 360. Won’t be as monumental as they have slower interface (and really a slower cpu), but still improves QOL.

Lastly, you can get a $10 2.5 inch caddy and use this as an external storage device on series s or x. Considering about 99% of games on those consoles run amazingly well off external sata. Only a very small few are truly bound to the internal storage to date (you can also benefit from external
Ssd on ps4 and Xbox one, but personally I’d put it inside)
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2007
1591 posts
449 upvotes
Montreal
iLiedAboutMyAge wrote: Why's this SSD packaged like you'd find it in Dollarama
You should see the actual SSD... the drive is made of cheap thin plastic like a Dollarama toy and it can flex as if there is nothing inside :/
Never seen such a cheap looking drive.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2007
1591 posts
449 upvotes
Montreal
thunit wrote: On WM website, it seems to be sold by a third party seller named "shenzhenshilangbeiwangkejiyouxiangongsi". It's not Walmart selling it online? I'm lost. Nevermind

Screenshot at 2022-05-12 22-50-34.png
If you click on "2 other Offers" just below the price, you'll see there is one sold by Walmart, but it's regular price $120
Feb 11, 2007
402 posts
111 upvotes
Calgary
Mephod wrote: The best bang for you buck is last gen. Xbox one x as well as ps4. Even the base models. But the upgraded ones (one x and ps4 pro) see an immense benefit. Load times less than half, interface is smooth as butter. I’ve done the ssds already in them and it’s such a game changer

You can also put them in a ps3 or modded x Xbox 360. Won’t be as monumental as they have slower interface (and really a slower cpu), but still improves QOL.

Lastly, you can get a $10 2.5 inch caddy and use this as an external storage device on series s or x. Considering about 99% of games on those consoles run amazingly well off external sata. Only a very small few are truly bound to the internal storage to date (you can also benefit from external
Ssd on ps4 and Xbox one, but personally I’d put it inside)
Sorry if this is a silly question, but is it possible to use Macrim Reflect to clone the drive for swapping into my PS4 (base model). For $80, I'm thinking it might be a nice little upgrade. I know when I did it via setting up the new drive on the PS4 last time, it was a bit of a cumbersome process, if I remember right (it was a while ago, maybe I'm misremembering.)
Thanks in advance!
Feb 28, 2021
204 posts
354 upvotes
nightslide wrote: Sorry if this is a silly question, but is it possible to use Macrim Reflect to clone the drive for swapping into my PS4 (base model). For $80, I'm thinking it might be a nice little upgrade. I know when I did it via setting up the new drive on the PS4 last time, it was a bit of a cumbersome process, if I remember right (it was a while ago, maybe I'm misremembering.)
Thanks in advance!

Pretty sure I just backed my system up to an external
Harddrive (you could also use a flash drive). Just need to make sure it’s big enough.
Jul 8, 2019
138 posts
180 upvotes
Pretty good deal. Comes with 3 year warranty.
Dec 27, 2015
252 posts
358 upvotes
Nepean, ON
Saw a few of these in Kanata South Walmart today if anyone locally is interested.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)