Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

Sandisk Ultra 128Gb USb 3.0 Flash Drive - $5 YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 2nd, 2021 9:33 pm
Jul 7, 2004
79 posts
31 upvotes

[Walmart] Sandisk Ultra 128Gb USb 3.0 Flash Drive - $5 YMMV

Noticed at the Niagara Falls store that the following Sandisk Ultra 128Gb USB 3.0 flash drives are on clearance from $26 for $5. Decent deal for 128Gb drive...

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/6000196866629

- The SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 Flash Drive combines faster data speeds and generous capacity in a compact, stylish package.
- Spend less time waiting and transfer files to the drive up to ten times faster than with a standard USB 2.0 drive.
- Fast transfer speeds up to 100MB/s
- Transfer files up to ten times faster than standard USB 2.0 drives
- Protect private files with SanDisk SecureAccess™ software
- USB 3.0-enabled and USB 2.0-compatible

https://stocktrack.ca/?s=wm&upc=61965915808
23 replies
Jul 15, 2010
567 posts
1125 upvotes
Vancouver
Same here, $25.98 near YVR.
Nov 24, 2018
765 posts
980 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
I owe 3 of these exact thumb drive, 2 fail similar manner.
The connector is very filmsy, with a slight bend, it breaks the internal connection.

Not recommending and don't ever keep valuable data in there.
Go for an SSD if price is right.
Last edited by BertL67369 on Dec 3rd, 2020 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
===========
Luckymobile (AC+BF deal), 20$ unlimited calls/ text + 3.25gig
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2015
1021 posts
2158 upvotes
Toronto, ON
kunamvahees wrote: I dont think StockTrack work on Walmart anymore.
Not since Black Friday.
Guess the management had enough of people using it.

Also lately it hasn't been accurate at all for me.
Some items still there when oos was on stocktrack. Reported Price wasn't accurate for what the store scanned at.

RIP Walmart stocktrack
Nov 26, 2006
714 posts
280 upvotes
Toronto
I've realized that there's no point in getting fast USB thumb drives. If you want to hand out some thumb drives, crappy, cheap ones are the way to go.

For personal use, just buy an NVME-compatible m2 enclosure and use a spare NVME drive to get way, way faster speeds and way better value.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
4249 posts
1672 upvotes
Belle River
Superjester wrote: Not since Black Friday.
Guess the management had enough of people using it.

Also lately it hasn't been accurate at all for me.
Some items still there when oos was on stocktrack. Reported Price wasn't accurate for what the store scanned at.

RIP Walmart stocktrack
Someone mentioned a thread where StockTrack not working with Walmart was discussed in detail. In that thread they said it did work but would start to block after hitting it too many times from the same IP, so maybe it's not a specific attempt by Walmart to block StockTrack but something general. I'm not sure about the accuracy issues though.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2014
4967 posts
13387 upvotes
45° 36' 44.9964'' N …
hystavito wrote: Someone mentioned a thread where StockTrack not working with Walmart was discussed in detail. In that thread they said it did work but would start to block after hitting it too many times from the same IP, so maybe it's not a specific attempt by Walmart to block StockTrack but something general. I'm not sure about the accuracy issues though.
Stock tracker discussion thread

stocktrack-inventory-checker-tool-some- ... s-2229322/
Jul 4, 2018
957 posts
823 upvotes
kunamvahees wrote: I dont think StockTrack work on Walmart anymore.
atyy0132 wrote: It's the end of an era.
JoJoCan wrote: cries Crying Face
When you have idiots calling in or inside the store mentioning and SHOWING walmart associates/managers stocktrack you know the end is coming.

I didn't think that could happen but some people are stooooopid!
Put some resphek on my name!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2018
9970 posts
40837 upvotes
Unresphek wrote: When you have idiots calling in or inside the store mentioning and SHOWING walmart associates/managers stocktrack you know the end is coming.

That's a shame, I would of never even thought of mentioning stocktrack to the employees.
hi :)
Sep 27, 2009
777 posts
530 upvotes
Sask, Canada
Unresphek wrote: When you have idiots calling in or inside the store mentioning and SHOWING walmart associates/managers stocktrack you know the end is coming.

This is why we can't have nice things. The internet brings so many of us together and it only takes a select few to screw it up.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2009
3363 posts
1990 upvotes

The S-class A-hole who did that was so proud of his shitty self:

cablepromoguy1 wrote: Thanks, OP!! Got lucky and snagged all 3 this morning from the Winnipeg Portage Walmart location. Initially, they weren't showing up on sale at all till the employee scanned it. I came up as $9. I showed them OP's receipt which they said they cannot match. They proceeded to call the manager to see if he could do anything which he said no. So I bought all 3 at $9 each. On my way out I figured I'd try one last time at Customer service to price match, and thankfully I did because without hesitation they adjusted the price to $3 each. I showed them OP's receipt and Stock track and that was it!!
SammyDavis wrote: Thanks for showing them stocktrack. Do you even know what stocktrack is? Showing a manager too! Awesome .
cablepromoguy1 wrote: Whatever gets the job done my friend!
The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Usenet
Apr 13, 2008
289 posts
453 upvotes
Bancroft
Good find OP.
It didn't take off in other Walmarts but it was worth a try.
Thank-you for the effort you put into it.
Apr 12, 2017
299 posts
199 upvotes
bogolisk wrote: The S-class A-hole who did that was so proud of his shitty self:
Even his username sounds punchable
Dec 21, 2008
77 posts
92 upvotes
Kitchener
StockTrack.ca is great. The $5 USB in Niagara Falls showed up for me with 23 still in stock.

I would expect the developer of stocktrack.ca uses open API data from each of the supported vendors to populate the site. And I would expect this is the type of innovation that the companies that expose their inventory/pricing/product data are hoping for when the create and expose their Open APIs. So I don't think it's a big deal if a RFDer references StockTrack to an employee / manager. Heck, it may be more accurate than their own internal systems and they may start adopting it. Based on some of the screens I've seen in their stores they are still using mainframe systems which may only get updated once per day in batches overnight.

Here are a few examples:

Walmart:
https://developer.walmart.com/tryout/ca/mp/inventory
https://developer.walmartlabs.com/

Best Buy:
https://developer.bestbuy.com/apis

Lowes:
https://apim.dev.portal.lowes.com/

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)