Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

Schultz Grass Seed 9 Lb-20.98

• Last Updated:
  • May 5th, 2021 3:17 pm
Sep 1, 2014
580 posts
690 upvotes
Ontario
CH40Z_008 wrote: Which brand of seed are you using? I want to fix my lawn to many dandelions Weary FaceFace With Cold Sweat
Spray your lawn with some par3.....safely.

Then fertilize and overseed and crowd them out..
Oct 6, 2020
567 posts
862 upvotes
Stive85 wrote: Spray your lawn with some par3.....safely.

Then fertilize and overseed and crowd them out..
How does one get par3 in Ontario?
Nov 26, 2015
867 posts
630 upvotes
Ontario
miguel sanchez wrote: Anyone know if we can buy this in Ontario right now with the restrictions in place?
You can but separately over at the outdoor garden section. All plants, grass seeds, soil, etc.

If you want propane refill, can only be bought at the tire center. So if doing all here, you will have to ring up 3 separate receipts at different spots.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
17327 posts
4720 upvotes
CH40Z_008 wrote: Which brand of seed are you using? I want to fix my lawn to many dandelions Weary FaceFace With Cold Sweat
i have been using seeds from Fairgreen for the past 8 years...last year i tried KBG and this fall i am going to try RTF if i can get it

https://www.fairgreensod.com/
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Sep 1, 2014
580 posts
690 upvotes
Ontario
teedomo88 wrote: How does one get par3 in Ontario?
Know a farmer or know where to look on amazon... Farmers or people in Ag have license to buy it (ridiculous they can but others cannot... Oh the plight of a farmer in Canada!) .. There are a couple sites (names escape me) if you google that say they don't ship to Ontario, but definitely do.

Amazon used to be easy 3rd party buying, as there were lots of options, seem to have cracked down.

Awesome stuff tho. Two sprays a year and grass is incredible.
Deal Fanatic
May 8, 2002
5678 posts
2362 upvotes
Stive85 wrote: Know a farmer or know where to look on amazon... Farmers or people in Ag have license to buy it (ridiculous they can but others cannot... Oh the plight of a farmer in Canada!) .. There are a couple sites (names escape me) if you google that say they don't ship to Ontario, but definitely do.

Amazon used to be easy 3rd party buying, as there were lots of options, seem to have cracked down.

Awesome stuff tho. Two sprays a year and grass is incredible.
Ebay is great too, just got mine a couple weeks ago with a hudson sprayer, dandies are nice and brown and withering as we speak...
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
3429 posts
5424 upvotes
GTA North
Jucius Maximus wrote: I thought it was better to spread out the soil, add seeds, and then rake the soil again to mix it up with the seeds.
Any comments on this?
That works as well but I have just raked the thatch out of the lawn with the detatcher/level rake so the ground is ready.
...Location: GTA North
If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.
GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread
[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100)
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2008
2754 posts
409 upvotes
Toronto
joshmxpx wrote: Ebay is great too, just got mine a couple weeks ago with a hudson sprayer, dandies are nice and brown and withering as we speak...
Link please?
Nov 22, 2019
19 posts
13 upvotes
miguel sanchez wrote: Anyone know if we can buy this in Ontario right now with the restrictions in place?
Yes, you can, they are in the garden centre. I bought them in Mississauga yesterday.
Mar 7, 2007
304 posts
96 upvotes
Toronto
Please please please do yourself and your neighbors a huge favor and do not put the “Shultz” seed mentioned in the OP on your lawn/yard.

I bought it on sale in fall of last year (even posted a thread here about the sale) and spread it early April this year. I had almost no weeds or crabgrass before and now its full of crabgrass wherever I spread this seed mix. Also a whole bunch of dandelions in exactly the spots I spread this mix.