• Last Updated:
  • Aug 26th, 2021 10:45 am
Jan 1, 2018
623 posts
792 upvotes
sushibucket wrote: SCOP "deals" are so lame

My opinion only
Your post is lame!
Ahh the feeling I get when I've saved some money...more money for the more important things!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2015
5728 posts
51385 upvotes
Daf wrote: Thank you and appreciate the heads up. I hate when people give you slack for reporting it. Keep up the good work.

Also if you look at faq it says flyer price and does not need to be posted.
SoundlessWalker wrote: Damn, that's a good tip lol. Gonna go try out this route at my local Wally after work :)

Also, thanks OP, Idk why you get so many downvotes tbh.
Thanks. I don't concern myself with the complainers or downvotes. I will continue to post threads on SCOP if I find them, whether they like it or not. Maybe these people happen to work for Walmart.

Just last week I had about half a dozen messages from members who thanked me for the thread, making them aware of SCOP. In the past the cashier would just reduce the price to the shelf label/flyer. They were pleased with the information I provided.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2016
1605 posts
3636 upvotes
hill15 wrote: Thanks. I don't concern myself with the complainers or downvotes. I will continue to post threads on SCOP if I find them, whether they like it or not. Maybe these people happen to work for Walmart.

Just last week I had about half a dozen messages from members who thanked me for the thread, making them aware of SCOP. In the past the cashier would just reduce the price to the shelf label/flyer. They were pleased with the information I provided.
I am glad you think the righteous thing to do is to make users aware of SCOP via hot deals, where SCOP was made to ensure customers are not scammed unethically with false advertising, but to also encourage members to fully utilize SCOP by driving to Walmart and getting free products.

Never concern yourself with nay sayers, no

Costco return policy is also a hot deal should post about that. I have seen people use products for a year and then return them. That's the punishment those companies deserve for making a product that they weren't completely satisfied with.
Last edited by sushibucket on Aug 25th, 2021 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2013
2578 posts
3922 upvotes
West
carmaster wrote: They generally fix these right away in the system so unlikely for many to get this.
Funny how someone ALWAYS posts this in a WalMart SCOP thread, but it couldn't be further from the truth. WalMart is notorious for having different online vs. in-store flyers. They will advertise a price in the online flyer, yet the in-store flyer will always be magically missing a page or two.

The main barrier for claiming an item like this is the sheer incompetence of WalMart CSRs. It usually ends up turning into a 20-30+ minute affair, and raises your blood pressure a notch by trying to explain what SCOP even is/how it works. Questionable worth.
May 10, 2008
99 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
hill15 wrote: Thanks. I don't concern myself with the complainers or downvotes. I will continue to post threads on SCOP if I find them, whether they like it or not. Maybe these people happen to work for Walmart.

SCOP is a voluntary code that Walmart has chosen to participate in. I am all for bending rules and taking advantages of promotions (who here isn't?), but this is taking things too far.
Nov 15, 2017
347 posts
665 upvotes
WEST CANADA
One thing is catching a price error and having the retailer making it right, and its another thing posting about the price error so every freeloader could get to the store to take advantage or that error and get free sht.
Last edited by zebracobra007 on Aug 25th, 2021 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2006
2130 posts
8627 upvotes
Toronto
Phonophoresis wrote: Funny how someone ALWAYS posts this in a WalMart SCOP thread, but it couldn't be further from the truth. WalMart is notorious for having different online vs. in-store flyers. They will advertise a price in the online flyer, yet the in-store flyer will always be magically missing a page or two.

The main barrier for claiming an item like this is the sheer incompetence of WalMart CSRs. It usually ends up turning into a 20-30+ minute affair, and raises your blood pressure a notch by trying to explain what SCOP even is/how it works. Questionable worth.
Where is the Wal-Mart SCOP thread?
Deal Addict
May 2, 2013
1959 posts
3975 upvotes
Bloor-Yonge
donate the pringles to the food bank
Aug 15, 2020
229 posts
329 upvotes
Waiting for someone who got childhood psychological shadow judging people here who just ask Walmart to honor SCOP they promise.
Aug 28, 2019
115 posts
558 upvotes
West Kelowna
SCOP shouldn't be a free-for-all
Jan 1, 2018
623 posts
792 upvotes

Please continue to do so! I love these posts as well as the FREE items!

Thanks again OP!
Ahh the feeling I get when I've saved some money...more money for the more important things!
Jan 1, 2018
623 posts
792 upvotes
zebracobra007 wrote: One thing is catching a price error and having the retailer making it right, and its another thing posting about the price error so every freeloader could get to the store to take advantage or that error and get free sht.
Someone is quite mad🥴Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
Feb 18, 2009
476 posts
389 upvotes
Toronto
chardo wrote: Someone is quite mad🥴Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
Nah, you're just a freeloader, dude!
I was a hardware clerk at Canadian Tire in my teens, and the amount of self entitled people like you who would sh*t on me for flyer errors was too damn high! Like I put the price in the flyer myself, lol
FYI, flyers are made weeks, if not months in advance (at least back in my teens)
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2017
4524 posts
3003 upvotes
Worked exactly as OP wrote.
Images
  • 20210826_094646.jpg
May 28, 2012
12053 posts
4680 upvotes
Saskatoon
thread derailed