None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1039 posts
274 upvotes
YYC

[Walmart] Sega Genesis Mini Clearance YMMV

Walmart in Calgary (Shawnessy) tonight had the Sega Genesis Mini on Clearance for 50% off. There were 4 on an endcap with the yellow stickers you can see in my photo.

https://imgur.com/a/qhlWmjm

YMMV because stocktrack.ca is still showing full price at most stores (WM UPC is: 6000199815199)

02-26-2020: Edit for Edmonton WM stock:

http://imgur.com/a/iSi9isA

This is the WM at the south side of the city on Parsons Rd.
Last edited by chaingunsofdoom on Feb 26th, 2020 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
59 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2010
1269 posts
2062 upvotes
Toronto
Interesting.

I guess the last lowest price was Black Friday, at $64.99 at Walmart. That's when I got mine.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2004
1623 posts
605 upvotes
Skilas wrote: Interesting.

I guess the last lowest price was Black Friday, at $64.99 at Walmart. That's when I got mine.
It was actually lower on ebay thru The Source at $54.99.
:arrowu: :arrowu: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowl: :arrow: :arrowl: :arrow: B A
Banned
Sep 30, 2018
157 posts
282 upvotes
Not going to touch one of these things until it's 10 bucks.
Dec 19, 2019
78 posts
477 upvotes
*gets all excited for clearance price near me*
*finds out there's literally like 2 stores in country with the price*
*remembers that Seagate 4TB with that 1-2 people can maybe go get it price too*
*wishes people would put "price available in 1-2 stores" or "super limited" in topic instead of thinking that it applies to 90% of the country*

It just gets my hopes up in all then you dash them all away :( I'm sure the 2-3 people that can take advantage of these sales care but you just piss off the rest of us with these topics ya know?
Posting Hot Deals, In America!
Aug 12, 2010
547 posts
323 upvotes
chaingunsofdoom wrote: Walmart in Calgary (Shawnessy) tonight had the Sega Genesis Mini on Clearance for 50% off. There were 4 on an endcap with the yellow stickers you can see in my photo.
mmm still waiting for PSC to hit $9.99
Zoomer $36 Plan Loyal
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
7938 posts
7912 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
MereShadow wrote: Not going to touch one of these things until it's 10 bucks.
Not looking to diss OP’s deal. But these retro consoles.... does anyone use them after the first month or two? Or does the novelty just wear off quickly?
"It is in times of great fear or greed that the most opportunity exists."
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2011
3784 posts
3283 upvotes
The NORTH
cartfan123 wrote: Not looking to diss OP’s deal. But these retro consoles.... does anyone use them after the first month or two? Or does the novelty just wear off quickly?
I still use my snes mini weekly that I bought at launch. Funny thing is that it's hacked and has 90 games on it yet I only play 3 or 4 games (2 of them were originally on it)...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1039 posts
274 upvotes
YYC
BanditKeith wrote: *gets all excited for clearance price near me*
*finds out there's literally like 2 stores in country with the price*
*remembers that Seagate 4TB with that 1-2 people can maybe go get it price too*
*wishes people would put "price available in 1-2 stores" or "super limited" in topic instead of thinking that it applies to 90% of the country*

It just gets my hopes up in all then you dash them all away :( I'm sure the 2-3 people that can take advantage of these sales care but you just piss off the rest of us with these topics ya know?
I did put YMMV. I did put a price. I did put a location.

Someone posted that they found it on clearance with 32 units at another store in Ontario... after I posted. So my post helped out some people. There may be other WM stores that also mark it down.

But this is not a hot deal at 50% off and the lowest price noted by other posters so far? OK. Browse and please move on.

You can't get the deal but that's what 90% of the "hot deals" on here are. That's RFD.