Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

Smash Bros Ultimate Special Edition $179.96

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2018 7:14 pm
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2011
5851 posts
5492 upvotes
Calgary
just another nintendo "deal" at regular price lol
teksavvy sucks
Aug 27, 2012
371 posts
1471 upvotes
Vancouver
User381785 wrote: Wheres the deal? This is regular price.
Maybe read my post. The fact that it was in stock was one thing but also being able to spend that stupidly limited coupon voucher on something as limited as this so close to launch was just an added perk.
Nov 9, 2009
5 posts
2 upvotes
Kitchener
MyUsernameDoesntMatter wrote: Batman #1 comic sold for 10 cents many many years ago. In auction a whole ago a copy sold for in excess of 500 thousand dollars. Supply and demand determined this. If you saw a copy of that book in a garage sale that was in good condition and were 100% sure it were authentic for $20 you would happily pay in a heartbeat knowing it could be worth hundreds of thousands. Retail price for that book... Was 10 cents. Yet people pay more. You would have paid more than 10 cents given the opportunity I just said.

The point is prices fluctuate from where they originally began. You can't expect a price to sit at the same point consistently forever. At some point it will increase or drop. Maybe someone who gets one of these will have a $60 unopened paperweight in 10 years. Maybe they'll have a $500 collectible item.

Before this was back in stock the market price was about $100 more. Thus this is a deal for those who truly want this collectors edition. Just like if you magically found a rare collectible comic for 10 cents in this day and age.
Just cus you could potentially be sitting on something worth money does not mean it's a deal. A deal is in the moment, not a future investment. You are looking at what you could save now, not how much you could make.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
13237 posts
12065 upvotes
Toronto
tarushin wrote: what so special about this when everything can be bought separately, the steel case is the only difference?
Nintendo, special edition means resellers will be all over it. Sad but true.
Oct 27, 2018
128 posts
139 upvotes
chongsen wrote: More than 20 copies were sold at 250+ on ebay recently...
People are so desperate... and other words.
Mar 17, 2008
404 posts
167 upvotes
Always so much drama in those video games thread. Find something useful to do instead of complaining about something that really doesn't matter.
Nov 28, 2013
456 posts
249 upvotes
The Toys R Us Pro controller price error was a better deal. Too bad I may lose out on it myself.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2003
1542 posts
986 upvotes
Vancouver
Came in thinking it was Switch + Smash for under $200. I'm a sad panda now.
May 18, 2015
153 posts
130 upvotes
Montreal, QC
chongsen wrote: sold out...

Such a great deal. More than 20 copies were sold at 250+ on ebay recently...
20 copies sold for 250+ for something that's not out? that's wild
Deal Guru
Feb 2, 2011
10185 posts
5573 upvotes
Toronto
franchy wrote: 20 copies sold for 250+ for something that's not out? that's wild
Pre-orders for plenty of things sell out before they're actually released.
May 18, 2015
153 posts
130 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Variability wrote: Pre-orders for plenty of things sell out before they're actually released.
i understand pre-orders when it's from an actual retailer like Walmart, Best Buy ect ..but not from some random dude on Ebay
Jul 5, 2018
351 posts
1479 upvotes
Zakeir wrote: Just cus you could potentially be sitting on something worth money does not mean it's a deal. A deal is in the moment, not a future investment. You are looking at what you could save now, not how much you could make.
Yeah and if you want it you'd be saving $100 if you couldn't find it in store and had to resort to one of those crappy scalpers. Me and hundreds of others on this forum benefitted from people simply pointing out the snes classic was back stock for example.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11822 posts
5908 upvotes

A Limited Edition Steelbook case and a Limited Edition Switch Pro Controller.
Otherwise it is the same price as buying the regular edition game and regular edition pro controller separately at regular price. Actually maybe $10 more expensive.
tarushin wrote: what so special about this when everything can be bought separately, the steel case is the only difference?
Deal Guru
Feb 2, 2011
10185 posts
5573 upvotes
Toronto
franchy wrote: i understand pre-orders when it's from an actual retailer like Walmart, Best Buy ect ..but not from some random dude on Ebay
Where do you think the random dude on eBay gets their pre-order from?
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2015
1165 posts
690 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ez_86 wrote: THIS.

Thanks OP for helping ppl save themselves from scalpers.
Yes, thanks OP - your post is greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately I saw the post too late, though, and it looks like all the scalpers that are on RFD cleaned everything out...
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2015
1165 posts
690 upvotes
Toronto, ON
MyUsernameDoesntMatter wrote: Batman #1 comic sold for 10 cents many many years ago. In auction a whole ago a copy sold for in excess of 500 thousand dollars. Supply and demand determined this. If you saw a copy of that book in a garage sale that was in good condition and were 100% sure it were authentic for $20 you would happily pay in a heartbeat knowing it could be worth hundreds of thousands. Retail price for that book... Was 10 cents. Yet people pay more. You would have paid more than 10 cents given the opportunity I just said.

The point is prices fluctuate from where they originally began. You can't expect a price to sit at the same point consistently forever. At some point it will increase or drop. Maybe someone who gets one of these will have a $60 unopened paperweight in 10 years. Maybe they'll have a $500 collectible item.

Before this was back in stock the market price was about $100 more. Thus this is a deal for those who truly want this collectors edition. Just like if you magically found a rare collectible comic for 10 cents in this day and age.
You'd still get downvotes from some people here if you posted Detective Comics #1 was in stock somewhere for $0.10...
Aug 27, 2012
371 posts
1471 upvotes
Vancouver
georgep wrote: Yes, thanks OP - your post is greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately I saw the post too late, though, and it looks like all the scalpers that are on RFD cleaned everything out...
No prob. Was likely the trolls downvoting the post too that bought everything up...
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2017
2204 posts
3203 upvotes
MyUsernameDoesntMatter wrote: Yeah and if you want it you'd be saving $100 if you couldn't find it in store and had to resort to one of those crappy scalpers. Me and hundreds of others on this forum benefitted from people simply pointing out the snes classic was back stock for example.
Doesn't change the fact it's not a deal. Something at regular price is NOT A DEAL.

This should be in Shopping Discussion.
Jul 5, 2018
351 posts
1479 upvotes
User381785 wrote: Doesn't change the fact it's not a deal. Something at regular price is NOT A DEAL.

It is a deal as market price dictates it go for $100 more when out of stock in retailers. Just like things can appreciate in value during scarcity.

"Shopping Discussion

Discuss retailers, warranties, returns, price matching policies, and other shopping related issues here."

You clearly don't know what you're talking about as the purpose of shopping discussion is not to post things like this. Isn't it a bit ironic you're raising grievences about where something is misposted as you just encourage someone to mispost?
Aug 27, 2012
371 posts
1471 upvotes
Vancouver
User381785 wrote: Doesn't change the fact it's not a deal. Something at regular price is NOT A DEAL.

Given this is a PRE-ORDER how much of a discount are you hoping to score lol... I got $10 off on mine better than no deal at all. And likely more of a discount than you managed elsewhere. Find something better to do than troll redflagdeals lol
Images
  • DF17F8B5-735F-4FFB-B1D4-0D761E63F034.jpeg

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)