Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] SNES Classic Edition in-stock at local Walmart (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 10th, 2018 10:20 am
[OP]
Sep 4, 2009
387 posts
101 upvotes
Calgary

[Walmart] SNES Classic Edition in-stock at local Walmart (YMMV)

SNES Classic back in-stock, just bought one at Northland Village in Calgary.

You can try your luck if you’re still looking for one.
Last edited by while[1];do;done on Feb 24th, 2018 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title edit
- Don't support hoarding. Do your research, decide on the price you want to pay for it. Don't ever pay more than that.
78 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2006
1823 posts
1416 upvotes
Calgary
They've been coming pretty regularly... just luck of the draw.
Might be noteworthy if they had 25 in stock.

Very likely YMMV still.
Jul 15, 2009
144 posts
18 upvotes
Caught some at a best buy and an eb in the past few weeks. Best buy was about 3 weeks ago and had a huge stack but the eb (2 days ago, Bloor in Toronto) had 4 total. Keep checking if you really want one. Price has dropped a lot in the resell market too.
Mar 15, 2010
536 posts
737 upvotes
Toronto
Do people who have this actually still play this after a week or two? I feel like if I ever got one it just couldnt compete with my xbox one, ps4, and wii u, and i grew up with all the old systems. I think these games were fun as a kid but its all we had back then and that was the best we had. I understand the whole nostalgia thing, but i just wonder how long it would last, where instead i could be playing breath of the wild, or battlefield 1, or forza horizon 3. I think this snes classic would only work for me if i bought it and left it up at the family cottage along with my N64. Curious what other people who actually got one and how much use it gets
Deal Addict
May 12, 2007
1045 posts
130 upvotes
DealOrNoDeal55 wrote:
Feb 25th, 2018 12:00 am
Do people who have this actually still play this after a week or two? I feel like if I ever got one it just couldnt compete with my xbox one, ps4, and wii u, and i grew up with all the old systems. I think these games were fun as a kid but its all we had back then and that was the best we had. I understand the whole nostalgia thing, but i just wonder how long it would last, where instead i could be playing breath of the wild, or battlefield 1, or forza horizon 3. I think this snes classic would only work for me if i bought it and left it up at the family cottage along with my N64. Curious what other people who actually got one and how much use it gets
It’s literally just for those nostalgic moments with your Friends and family, one you can’t get with the current gen systems
Feb 17, 2009
44 posts
13 upvotes
Dude some of the best games ever were on the SNES. Megaman X... Final Fantasy VI... Super Mario World...Super Metroid, Chrono Trigger, Link to the Past, the list goes on man. And all of those games have aged well, unlike almost all PS1 and N64 games. Some games didn't like Mario Kart, but we wouldn't have MK today if it weren't for the SNES. But it can be hacked easily to add like 300+ games, so it should be a no brainer.

Plus if you have kids its a great simple way to start them on games.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
3129 posts
808 upvotes
GTA
Brampton's BestBuy has at least 20 SNES classics in stock for at least 2 weeks. Just gotta ask the desk at gaming, they're locked up in the back.
Nov 18, 2015
792 posts
299 upvotes
DealOrNoDeal55 wrote:
I had my friends over and we were playing Mario kart, nhl 94, nba jam..... it was a blast. I have game boy advance, Sega, need, SNES and a fee n64 games on the classic. it's bloody amazing. it'd about gameplay not graphics. I'm playing xhrono trigger right now. that's a real rpg. if not the best.
Feb 6, 2008
714 posts
130 upvotes
Winnipeg
I recently introduced my son to video games, and we’ve been on SNES (emulator) for about a month now. I’ve been surprised by how well games have held up.

Yoshi’s World is a fantastic platformer. Link to the Past is a great adventure. Donkey Kong Country is lots of fun. The list goes on!
Apr 2, 2016
169 posts
29 upvotes
cobracat wrote:
Feb 25th, 2018 12:42 am
Dude some of the best games ever were on the SNES. Megaman X... Final Fantasy VI... Super Mario World...Super Metroid, Chrono Trigger, Link to the Past, the list goes on man. And all of those games have aged well, unlike almost all PS1 and N64 games. Some games didn't like Mario Kart, but we wouldn't have MK today if it weren't for the SNES. But it can be hacked easily to add like 300+ games, so it should be a no brainer.

Plus if you have kids its a great simple way to start them on games.
Easily hacked for 300+ games? How?

Instructions or link or vendor to do this would be appreciated. Tia
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2003
2106 posts
219 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
Check google for "hakchi2". It's very simple to do.
Sep 30, 2009
47 posts
8 upvotes
brampton
So much better and cheaper to build a raspberry pi with 10,000 games
Jun 26, 2007
403 posts
172 upvotes
burgerj wrote:
Feb 25th, 2018 9:19 am
So much better and cheaper to build a raspberry pi with 10,000 games
Cheaper? Including perfect replica controllers AND copies of the original software? (Otherwise you're suggesting a criminal act).

You're Wrong.
Aug 20, 2009
6492 posts
1132 upvotes
Grimsby
DealOrNoDeal55 wrote:
I still play mine regularly. Once you customize it a bit and get beyond the stock games (the thread in PC&VG has more info) it becomes a ton of fun. Some games don't age well but others are perfectly fine. A lot of the sprite art used back then holds up too.

Recently I replayed Romance of the Three Kingdoms II, Chrono Trigger and A Link to the Past.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)