• Last Updated:
  • Oct 6th, 2019 10:24 pm
[OP]
Aug 30, 2016
12 posts
16 upvotes
Leask

[Walmart] SodaStream Genesis $59

Starts tomorrow in Montreal area, possibly other locations.
20190918_225935.jpg
Cheapest price I have seen on this SodaStream since boxing day.(usually around 90$)
Last edited by TomRFD on Sep 19th, 2019 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
Thread Summary
The deal appears to be for Decarie Store Montreal location only.
https://stocktrack.ca/?s=wm&upc=81157202561
For Ontario, it's available at St. Catharines Fairview Store for $59
108 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
1042 posts
1501 upvotes
Victoria
Dang, looking to get one but none are sold near me.

Can anyone comment on the various models? Amazon has the fizzi for $85, down from $120. Good?
May 22, 2015
808 posts
973 upvotes
Vancouver
I wish they sold glass bottles, the plastic ones really start tasting bad after a dozen or so uses and they're not dishwasher friendly.
Sep 28, 2009
136 posts
372 upvotes
Barrie, ON
mikebc wrote:
Sep 18th, 2019 11:42 pm
I wish they sold glass bottles, the plastic ones really start tasting bad after a dozen or so uses and they're not dishwasher friendly.
I have had a soda stream for almost a year now. If you only keep water in the bottles I have noticed zero difference in the taste over time. I think the key to add the flavour (a hint of some type of juice) in the the glass instead of the bottle you avoid any funky residual bottle taste.
Oct 29, 2016
246 posts
117 upvotes
Is there a health benefit or drawback to drinking carbonated water vs non carbonated?
Mar 25, 2013
355 posts
188 upvotes
Toronto
User381589 wrote:
Sep 19th, 2019 12:26 am
Is there a health benefit or drawback to drinking carbonated water vs non carbonated?
Don't think there is much of a health benefit. I find I drink more water and it also helps me not snack throughout the day. I know to much mineral water isn't good for you.
DroidKid
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
5186 posts
2152 upvotes
User381589 wrote:
Sep 19th, 2019 12:26 am
carbonated I've read briefly can cause enamel damage but not sure how much is too much. But nutritionally no difference. To be blunt if you're buying this and adding sugar flavor to it, then just go buy pop instead. Artificial sweeteners are as bad if not worse than sugar/glucose.

It'll take a lot of adjustment, but eventually you can condition yourself to drink only carbonated water and it'll be refreshing.
Mar 25, 2013
355 posts
188 upvotes
Toronto
badOne wrote:
Sep 19th, 2019 12:30 am
carbonated I've read briefly can cause enamel damage but not sure how much is too much. But nutritionally no difference. To be blunt if you're buying this and adding sugar flavor to it, then just go buy pop instead. Artificial sweeteners are as bad if not worse than sugar/glucose.

It'll take a lot of adjustment, but eventually you can condition yourself to drink only carbonated water and it'll be refreshing.
Good call, don't bother buying this if your looking for a soda replacement. I use lemon and berries in mine to naturally sweeten it if i'm in the mood for something like that.
DroidKid
Apr 20, 2015
151 posts
131 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Yes, carbonated water.. Carbon in general stalemate the immune system. I was told as a diabetic I should just be driving plain water with maybe some Lemon in it. That being said if you test it like junk food and only have one in a while I'm sure you'll be fine

https://heartbodyfitness.wordpress.com/ ... ed-drinks/
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2009
3333 posts
1338 upvotes
'Shwallywood
peakingduck wrote:
Sep 18th, 2019 11:28 pm
Dang, looking to get one but none are sold near me.

Can anyone comment on the various models? Amazon has the fizzi for $85, down from $120. Good?
Honestly, They're pretty much all the same, save for the "power" units. All are manual controlled, so you can adjust how fizzy you want it, more presses, more fizzy etc. The genesis has been around for a while, just under a different name if memory serves me. I bought my "eco green" one over a decade ago and it still works. The genesis does require the bottle to be twisted on vs the lever action ones that just need to be pushed in

The power units are automated, push a button to the fizz level you want, but they do have some reliability issues.

The bottles do have an expiry, and they will explode if overused. Not dangerous, but soda water on the ceiling type scenario
I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
1042 posts
1501 upvotes
Victoria
nellium wrote:
Sep 19th, 2019 1:35 am
Honestly, They're pretty much all the same, save for the "power" units. All are manual controlled, so you can adjust how fizzy you want it, more presses, more fizzy etc. The genesis has been around for a while, just under a different name if memory serves me. I bought my "eco green" one over a decade ago and it still works. The genesis does require the bottle to be twisted on vs the lever action ones that just need to be pushed in

The power units are automated, push a button to the fizz level you want, but they do have some reliability issues.

The bottles do have an expiry, and they will explode if overused. Not dangerous, but soda water on the ceiling type scenario
Appreciate you taking the time to reply so thoroughly. I've been browsing local listings and found still "like-new" ones for pretty cheap. Will probably get one off there

Cheers
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2009
3333 posts
1338 upvotes
'Shwallywood
Make sure you clean the carbonator thoroughly. I have seen some instances where people will pre-flavour the bottles before carbonation which gunks it up good.
I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
2581 posts
1115 upvotes
West Coast
We stumbled upon the "True Lime" products. They're just cold pressed and crystalized lime, lemon, orange, or grapefruit. Very tasty with the sodastream and pretty cheap too at only 8 cents a package. Lots of other varieties too, although these 4 are the cheapest as they come in a bulk pack.

True Lime bulk pack - https://www.amazon.ca/True-Lime-Bulk-Pa ... ery&sr=1-5

True Lemon bulk pack - https://www.amazon.ca/True-Lemon-Bulk-P ... 0G5XQDFW5A
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Aug 22, 2012
61 posts
52 upvotes
badOne wrote:
Sep 19th, 2019 12:30 am

You know, I've heard this time and time again, both online and in person, but not once has anyone been able to show proof that artificial sweeteners have any negative health risks. Do you have any or are you just repeating what you've heard? After doing another round of googling, nope, still nothing that I can see. In recent years we've learned just how bad sugar is for us though, from rotting teeth to increased risk of diabetes, heart disease as well as being an actual addiction to some (physical, not just mental)

Anyway, which would be the better model, fizzy or the genesis?
Mar 12, 2017
136 posts
99 upvotes
Enforcer22 wrote:
Sep 19th, 2019 5:40 am
You know, I've heard this time and time again, both online and in person, but not once has anyone been able to show proof that artificial sweeteners have any negative health risks. Do you have any or are you just repeating what you've heard? After doing another round of googling, nope, still nothing that I can see. In recent years we've learned just how bad sugar is for us though, from rotting teeth to increased risk of diabetes, heart disease as well as being an actual addiction to some (physical, not just mental)

Anyway, which would be the better model, fizzy or the genesis?
Always use scholar.google, never read articles in men's health magazine or other news source. Also don't believe in every scientific study you see because some don't have good standards.

https://scholar.google.com.br/scholar?h ... Sweeteners

And this is only for cancer. There are other issues with certain swetners too.
Anyways, the rule is use Stevia for now only. It's the only swetner that there's no evidence YET that's is bad for your health.

Coconut sugar, or dates sugar, are way healthier and does not spike your insulin as much as other sugars. I personally think they are 10000x better than any swetner too. You can use Agave syrup as well...

Also don't forget that corn syrup is added in a lot of products that you had no idea it would contain sugar - especially in North America where you guys grow corn under your arm pits. This is basically poison.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)