• Last Updated:
  • Jan 22nd, 2018 9:59 am
44 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
22134 posts
166208 upvotes
GTA
I've got a couple of these and they are very good quality. Nice deal at $10.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
19704 posts
5865 upvotes
Too bad not sold in store. Saw similar to these at Sears yesterday before the store closed at 80% off but neglected to pick one up as there is no absolute need for me to get one. Would have been a great deal for others though. Thanks for the link...
Mar 15, 2013
625 posts
330 upvotes
Fredericton
I am just wondering if anyone owns this can they post a pic of the bottom? I am just wondering if it will scratch up my glass top oven? I already have enough done on my main burner.
Mar 10, 2012
742 posts
1264 upvotes
PEACHLAND
If you're looking for the best non-stick coating, look no further
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
11681 posts
3074 upvotes
I love these pans, bought a 2 pack in store at Walmart last summer for $20... it was in those cardboard bins in the middle of the floors with other pans, like the flat griddle etc. I am sure they were 8" too. Returned them as we didn't need them. Now I am thinking maybe they were the 6" ones.

Tempted to get this, handy to have in the camping kit.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Oct 31, 2013
587 posts
247 upvotes
Toronto
It looks like a good alternative for a fry pan but paying the order fee of $5 it is just out of sense.
-Throw me a stone and I will build castle-
Nov 19, 2016
491 posts
275 upvotes
thanks ordered one and a bunch of filler items to get the free shipping... I will return what I don't need later
Nov 10, 2011
191 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
this or copper pans?
Aug 23, 2015
452 posts
340 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
I have a larger version of this pan, and it works great, but just a word of warning, it says it won't scratch glass/ceramic stovetops, but it has scratched mine.
Dec 1, 2017
52 posts
11 upvotes
Surrey, BC
In for one with the Popflix popcorn maker and fillers for free shipping. Thanks op
Original name, can't retrieve it even with RFD support help:
eman0621- Jr. Member since Mar 5, 2004/Last seen Aug 3, 2016 10:02 AM 184 Posts
😃Thanks for RFD...many deals have been acquired. Many Thanks....you guys rock. Happy RFD'ng!😝
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2007
4621 posts
1125 upvotes
Regina
Do you smellalalalala what...The Rock.....is....cookin'
Oct 28, 2012
377 posts
123 upvotes
Ajax, ON
NetBOG wrote: I have a larger version of this pan, and it works great, but just a word of warning, it says it won't scratch glass/ceramic stovetops, but it has scratched mine.
Love these pans. I have a frying pan and the pancake / omelet one with the very small lip. I love them. I will not cook with anything else. I'm not a pro, but can cook some decent dishes. Been over a year with the frying pan and still non-stick and looks like new (used at least 3-4 times per week).

Trust me, you CAN smell what The Rock is cooking... smells​ like sweet victory in the kitchen.

And neither have scratched my glass stove top. Just a cleaning tip, Bar Keepers Friend is THE only stove top cleaner.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5744 posts
1998 upvotes
Toronto
How is the nonstick coating? Anybody's wear out? How does it compare to ceramic?
May 23, 2007
232 posts
103 upvotes
Omydeal wrote: Exactly what I was going to ask. I really like the Heritage rock but satrfrit stuff is usually uber el-cheapo
I believe the coating is the same, but my Starfrit pan has a handle that is partially plastic/rubber. I think the Heritage model line can go in the oven while this one can't (Or only to a lower temp). Not an issue for me, as I don't normally use my frying pan in the oven, but might be a problem for some...

I love mine, and recommend it to anyone looking for a reasonably priced non-stick frying pan.
Jan 20, 2007
618 posts
629 upvotes
fightbriz wrote: How is the nonstick coating? Anybody's wear out? How does it compare to ceramic?
I've had this "Golden Anniversary" pan for about 2 years and the non-stick has started to wear off. I did use it quite frequently. My impression is that the cheaper non-Heritage line is not as durable as the Heritage line from CT.