• Jan 23rd, 2022 4:29 pm
[OP]
May 8, 2016
598 posts
1253 upvotes

[Walmart] Starfrit The Rock Electric Dual-sided Hot Pot $40 YMMV

Original price $133

Check your local inventory here

Starfrit The Rock Electric Dual-Sided Hot Pot is a safe alternative to traditional fondues that allow you to enjoy two delicious flavors of broths in one pot.

The die-cast aluminium dual-sided pot is treated with our patented Rock.Tec surface treatment for an outstanding non-stick cooking surface that is three times better than traditional non-stick cookware. The adjustable temperature control helps monitor the heat to reach the perfect cooking temperature of your broth.

The electric dual-sided Hot Pot is designed with a decorative cool touch base that makes a great table centrepiece and allows you to serve your guests safely without having to worry about hot surfaces. You can now enjoy your family and friends with piece of mind.
• Patented ROCK non-stick technology
• EXTRA-THICK removable cast aluminum vessel
• 3.2 Qt / 3L capacity
• Divided cooking vessel for different flavored recipes
• Tempered glass lid with cool touch handle
• Decorative cool touch base
• Adjustable temperature control
• Easy to clean
• 1200 Watts
12 replies
Nov 16, 2014
32 posts
34 upvotes
Canadian tire has this $60 reg price. The price online at Walmart is third party seller.

Update for guy below : Just pointing out it isnt that hot of a deal cause OP said regular price is 100+
Reg price at walmart is $48.88, so only saving 8$.
Last edited by FionaS7 on Jan 23rd, 2022 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 15, 2017
117 posts
178 upvotes
FionaS7 wrote: Canadian tire has this $60 reg price. The price online at Walmart is third party seller.
Did you even bother clicking on the OP link for local stock? It's $40 for me in all the Walmart's I'm close to.
Feb 27, 2013
229 posts
399 upvotes
Québec
I think it's an amazing price for people who like split fondues. Certainly, there are cheaper alternatives and I have purchased them, but that's what they are usually. I've been fairly disappointed with the ones I purchased at Asian grocery stores. (flimsy, bent, not well fitting, etc.)
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
8506 posts
4382 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
I think using a $50 induction stove from ikea with a partition wall pot would be better.
Never tried this particular pot, but my experience with things like this does not work too well.
Also, you cannot put this into dishwasher. It is hard to wash. Hotpot tend to be messy.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Mar 14, 2012
433 posts
213 upvotes
Toronto
Have been using this for fast lazy meals with Korean instant noodles and meat. I usually choose Korean noodles as they are thicker and would not go soggy real quick when using boiling soup. I am quite surprised I am using this more often than I should. (Maybe due to the cold weather) I love the idea that this keeps my noodles warm. Cheers!
Nov 16, 2006
214 posts
41 upvotes
Been looking for something like this. Is the inner liner removeable to allow easy hand washing?
Jan 20, 2012
49 posts
18 upvotes
MONTR
FionaS7 wrote: Canadian tire has this $60 reg price. The price online at Walmart is third party seller.

Update for guy below : Just pointing out it isnt that hot of a deal cause OP said regular price is 100+
Reg price at walmart is $48.88, so only saving 8$.
BestBuy also has this for $48.99

Original price is certainly not $133
Mar 14, 2012
433 posts
213 upvotes
Toronto
bizybe wrote: Been looking for something like this. Is the inner liner removeable to allow easy hand washing?
The hotpot could be removed from the outer red plastic casing. However, the metal hotpot inside
has an port to attach the power adapter. I just use some water and dishwasher liquid in the pot and paper towel, avoiding the port just to be safe. Hope that helps

Edit: "The temperature control dial needs to be removed from the socket. Thoroughly wipe the tempered glass lid and dual sided hot pot of the product with a hot, soapy cloth/ sponge, ensuring that water or soap does not enter the socket. Do not bleach. Ensure the socket and electrical pins are completely dry before storing or resuming use.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
11679 posts
5687 upvotes
sure wish i could find one for 40 out here.Could use 1 and grandmother said she was looking for one a few weeks ago so be perfect.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
2082 posts
807 upvotes
Bought this past Dec 20, very reliable and relatively easy to clean. This thing heats fast and can get it boiling quick unlike other crappy no name plug in pots that take forever to heat up or has very low max heat setting.. Think we bought it for $48, worth it if you do hot pot often, great divider. Only thing wish it hold more water but just need to refill more. Avoid the Amazon ones, way to expensive or crap quality.
Apr 3, 2020
140 posts
127 upvotes
Ottawa
9 left on Bank street in Ottawa, bought one not in the regular aisles but in kitchen section so a bit of a search. 39.88, 5$ extra if you want to add extra warantee. Thanks OP, upvoted. Happy vietnamese new year.
Images
  • 20220123_155927.jpg

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)